Is This a Good Commute Game?

GaryHyphenJon

You can save on a lot of places in the game. If you're in a dungeon, you are able to leave the dungeon and save at any moment (if you buy some Goho-M) and come back later at the same floor you left. So I would say it's definately suitable for your situation!

I play this on the train when I'm going to see my boyfriend in the city. The train ride there is about 30 - 40 minutes and I'm always able to find a spot to save the game before I get off the train. This game is definitely a good commute game.

(&You did say 3DS.. Pokemon is always a good option.. lol)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a great game for a commute if you're in a dungeon and just feel like fighting enemies until you have more time to devote to it. It's one of those games that you need to set aside at least a couple hours at a time for, or you'll (probably) keep coming back with no frame of reference. It's a JRPG after all, so there's some quirky things going on. That being said, P4G is so good I'd recommend getting it even if you could only play one minute at a time!

• 1 year later...

im actually a big fan of the series. and in my oppinion this one is the best. but i want a physical copy of the game for my collection because i already have the EU one digital. but having the same thing twice is not worth it ofcourse. but if i could find a cheep copy of the vs one online(marktplaats the ebay of the Netherlands) i will buy it.

Edited by markhethaasje

im actually a big fan of the series. and in my oppinion this one is the best. but i want a physical copy of the game for my collection because i already have the EU one digital. but having the same thing twice is not worth it ofcourse. 

Then get the superior (Japanese) version =D

I just wondered if they had different trophy lists, cos some Japanese games do and some don't, it's not always easy to know in advance.

For example DOA3 Xtreme fortune has got Japanese version in full Japanese and then there is the version with English subs, both have the same trophy lists written in English and is (as far as I know) impossible to tell who has played which version.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I just wondered if they had different trophy lists, cos some Japanese games do and some don't, it's not always easy to know in advance.

For example DOA3 Xtreme fortune has got Japanese version in full Japanese and then there is the version with English subs, both have the same trophy lists written in English and is (as far as I know) impossible to tell who has played which version.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1491-%E3%83%9A%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8A%EF%BC%94%E3%80%80%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%87%E3%83%B3

You can easily find out by writing kana/kanji into the Games bar. 

I'm pretty sure English lists are for games that have planned localization or have the English sub for Asia version.

• Like 1

im actually a big fan of the series. and in my oppinion this one is the best. but i want a physical copy of the game for my collection because i already have the EU one digital. but having the same thing twice is not worth it ofcourse. but if i could find a cheep copy of the vs one online(marktplaats the ebay of the Netherlands) i will buy it.

Buy US version, you will get second trophy list :D

I'm waiting for some milestone with it. Trophy 6000 or something.

Where did you buy it? I'm hunting for Japanese/Korean/Chinese version myself but they are all damn pricey. Used copy from asia is twice as expensive as new US/EU copy :(

Edited by Rollers23

Where did you buy it? I'm hunting for Japanese/Korean/Chinese version myself but they are all damn pricey. Used copy from asia is twice as expensive as new US/EU copy :(

I haven't yet. That's why I said I'm planning =D

But yea, Asia versions are much more expensive. But that's expected. Nipponese games rarely go down in price unless you come to Japan personally =D

I didnt know that, i assumed that all lists were written here in English.

That's really good to know thanks.

You have few runes yourself you should know by now :awesome:

Unless you meant for localized games =D

Though you are right about one thing. Forum entries are only for games in English because Forums usually cannot parse characters.

Which means Asia-only games usually do not have forum entry.

That's why (using my profile as an example) Robo;Notes have a forum entry but DaL does not.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

What I had done before was to search the main search bar for Japanese games (using kana and kanji) and it always showed zero results, but now i know i have to actually first go into the games section and then search... and it works doing that  ;)

I just assumed the sites search engine would find any content in the main search bar, but this is not the case.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

But yea, Asia versions are much more expensive. But that's expected. Nipponese games rarely go down in price unless you come to Japan personally =D

IIRC at P5 broadcast they announced that P4G and P3P price will go 50% down. Maybe I misunderstood something but I can't find any cheaper copies of P4G (I searched Japanese amazon and few other stores)

Edited by Rollers23

IIRC at P5 broadcast they announced that P4G and P3P price will go 50% down. Maybe I misunderstood something but I can't find any cheaper copies of P4G (I searched Japanese amazon and few other stores)

Well... the question is whether it works for physical copies... It could only be on JP store.

But yea, this is definitely a great time to buy the Japanese version if it does get 50% down =D

Though... this is a pretty good price =D

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9A%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8A4-%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%87%E3%83%B3-PlayStation-Vita-Best/dp/B00QLG65M4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463231140&sr=8-2&keywords=persona+4+golden

Edited by Satoshi Ookami