That Single Platinum Road Block

Monk746

What's That One Trophy, or Grouping of Trophies That's Keeping You From a Platinum?

I'm Referring to a Single Trophy Such as having 44/45 of the Total Trophies, Where the Platinum Would Be #46.

By Grouping, I'm Referring to Where One Trophy Leads Into Another, Like

• Story Trophies
  • a 100 kill and 1000 kill Trophies
  • Collect all Swords and Collect all Weapons Trophies
  • and so on

So What is it That's Holding You Back From That/Those Specific Platinum(s)? And Why?

For Me It's Two

1st. Vanquish - Tactical Challenger

Complete all of the Tactical Challenges in VANQUISH

2nd. Dragon Age II - Supplier

Found Every Variety of Crafting Resources

Tactical Challenger is the First and Last Time I've Ever Came Across Something Too Difficult for my Skill Level in all of My Gaming Life. It's Unrelenting and Brutal, Having Spent Nearly 20 Hours While Making 0 Progress After the First 2 Hours.... I Gave Up.

More Annoying Than the Last, That Fucking Supplier Trophy. I've Beaten Dragon Age II 9 Times Just for Supplier, Using guides, and That Trophy Glitches EVERYTIME.

That's not really the same as this. People still got the plat in the other thread with 1 final frustrating trophy, in this it's blocking the plat.

For me it's Elite Campaign Legend in WipEout HD. I got a few golds on Elite Meltdown but after spending hours on most of them and not making any progress I just gave up. I love racing games, I just don't have the motor skills and reflexes for this game. I'm just a pinball in those final stages. It's a sweet plat but not worth breaking a controller over. xD

I got a feeling the 10 star trophy for Silent Hill 2 will be a similar story. :P

I spent roughly 10 min looking to make sure there wasn't an identical thread before making this one.

And no, that's not the same topic. The one you linked is actually "achieving" said last trophy.

My topic is about "not achieving" the final trophy.

Edit to say: DizzyDavidson got it. Posting while I was writing this one out.

I've played one wipe out game a long time ago. Wasn't too bad, but I've only heard of the difficulty on the newer ones and they sound brutal.

I remember bloody palace on PS2 condemed09. Caused many headaches for me and a friend back in the day.

Idk how the quote thing works yet, so I got to write it out.

Edited by Monk746

For me it's more of a tech issue that's preventing me from a plat, and the trophies affected are Professor Portal and Friends List with Benefits from Portal 2. They're the only multiplayer trophies you need to have an internet connection with and the Steam overlay for the game isn't working for playstation (at least for me). Super sad about those ones! I hope that they put out a patch for it.

Sucks about that Dragon Age II glitch! That sounds awful.