Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to PS Vita this fall!

hmmm... might ask a stupid Q... but... what is it's gameplay? Is it going to be a 100% shooting game? no more VN + Class Trial?

To add to this, is it a direct sequel or a spin off. I haven't played Dangan 2 (blasphemous, i know) so im hesitant to look up information. 

hmmm... might ask a stupid Q... but... what is it's gameplay? Is it going to be a 100% shooting game? no more VN + Class Trial?

It's going to have both elements of a VN and a third person shooter. No, there's no more class trials, as there's no reason to have them in this game.

To add to this, is it a direct sequel or a spin off. I haven't played Dangan 2 (blasphemous, i know) so im hesitant to look up information. 

It is a spin off game, but is still part of the canon storyline. It takes place between the events of Dangan Ronpa and Super Dangan Ronpa 2. I say stay away from info unless you want to be spoiled on some aspects of SDR2.

• Like 2

It's going to have both elements of a VN and a third person shooter. No, there's no more class trials, as there's no reason to have them in this game.

hmmm... not sure now if I will aboard the hype train... not a fan of TPS tbh >_<

That's gonna be in Dangan 3 again =)

This is just a spin-off to show what's been Naegi imouto doing =D

so Naegi and GJ confirmed... how about:

Hina???? 

hmmm... not sure now if I will aboard the hype train... not a fan of TPS tbh >_<

so Naegi and GJ confirmed... how about:

Hina???? 

Ah, c'mon, don't get off the hype train because of that! Oh well, your choice.

Well, if you really want to know the characters that are in the game, even if they make a brief appearance, then go to this link. LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I'm probably going to be hated for this, but based on the trailer, it doesn't even seem like a Danganronpa game, it seems like a shitty third person game, solely using the title to sell more copies. Also, when Spike leaves its VN roots, and they attempt to create a game in a different genre, it doesn't pan out well, for example Conception.....but we will see

I'm probably going to be hated for this, but based on the trailer, it doesn't even seem like a Danganronpa game, it seems like a shitty third person game, solely using the title to sell more copies. Also, when Spike leaves its VN roots, and they attempt to create a game in a different genre, it doesn't pan out well, for example Conception.....but we will see

It's pretty common for big brands to try a different approach =)

Persona is trying rhythm game.

Neptunia is trying hack&slash and SRPG

So Dangan tries shooter, it's always part of the big brand =D

It's pretty common for big brands to try a different approach =)

Persona is trying rhythm game.

Neptunia is trying hack&slash and SRPG

So Dangan tries shooter, it's always part of the big brand =D

Yup, and it's not like it's completely a shooter now, it's still going to have it's VN elements in it, but instead of investigations and Class Trials and such, we'll get to shoot the crap out of Monokumas!

Got some confirmed voices, but one voice confirmed is for a character not shown in the trailer, so look at your own risk;

Christina Vee is confirmed to voice Monaka, Erica Lindbeck voices Kotoko Utsugi, Erica Mendez voices Nagisa Shingetsu, and Heather Halley voices Hiroko Hagakure.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I should've waited a little bit longer before watching a walkthrough of this game on YT. The despair is real.

Although, I'm wondering how censored this game is going to be since it covers a lot of dark topics. Oh well, we just have to wait and see. 

Edited by CrazyEmotions

I should've waited a little bit longer before watching a walkthrough of this game on YT. The despair is real.

Although, I'm wondering how censored this game is going to be since it covers a lot of dark topics. Oh well, we just have to wait and see. 

I wouldn't worry too much about censoring. I mean, yes, the things in this game may be a little more uncomfortable compared to past games due to who is involved, but I don't think they'll censor anything.