Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to PS Vita this fall!

You are joking, right?

No, I'm not. I checked the options menu, tried starting a new game and even reinstalling it. Nothing.

And yeah, I'm not a big fan of Danganronpa's english dub either. There are good english dubs out there but Danganronpa's isn't one of them.

Edit: Fixed a mistake in my typing.

Edit #2: Now that I think about it, it may require an update which isn't out yet which would explain why.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

No, I'm not. I checked the options menu from both in-game and at the main menu, tried starting a new game and even reinstalling it. Nothing.

And yeah, I'm not a big fan of Danganronpa's english dub either. There are good english dubs out there but Danganronpa's isn't one of them.

Crap, I hope at least EU version will work correctly.

• Like 1

And I don't know why but for some reason the Japanese Voice Pack DLC isn't working even though I have it installed.

After you install DLC you have to start a new game. Only then the game will give you option to choose the dub. At least that's what I read on other forums. Seems like you cannot change it later.

Edited by Rollers23

After you install DLC you have to start a new game. Only then the game will give you option to choose the dub. At least that's what I read on other forums. Seems like you cannot change it later.

I already tried that. Didn't give me the option, only the one for the camera which doesn't do anything.

I already tried that. Didn't give me the option, only the one for the camera which doesn't do anything.

When you start a new game, in the difficult screen if you press triangle you can pick the dub (sadly so far i couldn't find a way to change voices in an already started game)

• Like 1

1. OK, the game should be out in the West by now!

2. Any lucky US fellow who already got it? We EU guys have to wait for 3 more days...

Some of us in Canada are getting it on Friday like EU. I have to wait patiently....

Amazon Canada and EBGames Canada are shipping too late  :angry:

It been a year since a Danganronpa game...the waiting is killing even though there tons of fun games to play.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

When you start a new game, in the difficult screen if you press triangle you can pick the dub (sadly so far i couldn't find a way to change voices in an already started game)

That worked! Didn't even see the prop for it until now (super small, on the bottom-right of the screen). It really needs to be more obvious then that.

• Like 3

Jesus, what the hell? o.O I would understand Atlus masking this, but why in the hell does NISA want to hide the option to pick correct voices? o.O

Jesus, what the hell? o.O I would understand Atlus masking this, but why in the hell does NISA want to hide the option to pick correct voices? o.O

Maybe because they know that many of us will refuse to listen to the English dub, so they will do what they can to make us listen to it?  :D   

Japanese dub all the way for me, can't stand the English one personally.

• Like 3

Market strategy, they didn't wasted money in the english dubs just for us going to play with japan voices :P

I'm playing with english dub (because EU probably won't get jap DLC until friday) Main characters voices aren't bad but the voices of side characters (like Yuta or Shirokuma) are dull.

I'd like to check out jap dub but I don't want start over the game ;/ I hope there will be option on new game + (I plan to play the game twice for platinum)

Edited by Rollers23

Market strategy, they didn't wasted money in the english dubs just for us going to play with japan voices :P

You know that licensing Japanese voices in the west costs money too? :P And sometimes it's even more expensive than doing english voiceover.

That's probably why there are some japanese game franchises with english dub only (i'm looking at you atlus xD)

• Like 1

That's probably why there are some japanese game franchises with english dub only (i'm looking at you atlus xD)

No, in Atlus' case it's a simple trolling.

Licensing J-voices would always (okay, 99.99999% cases) be cheaper way out because you only need to pay the fees rather than pay the actors, pay the studios for recording, etc...

Unless someone brings exact numbers, I refuse to believe that English voiceovers would be cheaper than leaving J-voices even though J-voices are obviously expensive (again, you pay for quality :D)...

Well, just my opinion, though. I should marry a seiyuu to know exactly :D

I just finished the game.

DAT ENDING. I really didn't expect that. It's awesome. It's even better than DR1 ending (though not as mind-fucking as DR2).

I really liked how the game had its own story but at the same time it was a setup for DR2 (...and 3  :giggle: ) with lots of references to DR1.

I still liked DR1&2 more for being visual novel murder mystery games but AE's story was quite a surprise (I didn't expect that from a spin off)

Apart from that the gameplay was fun (sometimes shooting was frustrating but that's just my lack of skill and the fact that I played on despair mode) and the graphics looked great.

Welllll, this concludes my mini-review. Really, even though this game isn't flawless and not as good as previous games it is a must-have for Danganronpa fans   ;)

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 2