Forging Master

Yechan

I got this game around late April/early May of 2010.

I got the trophy for Ending C on April 22, 2011.
And on February 20, 2015, I finally got the Forging Master after grinding on and off for almost 4 years. I almost gave up on this since after a Ending C there was a serious long drought of necessary drops. 

I spend years trying to farm the forlorn necklaces. The lack of any forlorn necklace drops after spending days farming made me go crazy. As a result I took some breaks in between. Eventually the breaks got longer and longer and bam it was already 2014. Around late 2014 I invested more time. After investing more time, I still couldn't get any forlorn necklace to drop so I just progress through, trying to get all of the five keys. Suddenly I started getting forlorn Necklace drops.

I recognized a pattern. I was always farming at the same point in the story. I've been farming for years at the same spot, right after Ending C, the point where I have zero of the five keys. 

I might have been unlucky, but my advice if you're having trouble trouble with observing ANY DROPS is to just progress through the story. Farm at various points in the story You can always keep on repeating ending C, so you're back at the same point.

I only need three more trophies for the platinum: beating the game in under 15 hours, Ending D, and beating Ending D's boss in under 3.5 mins. Back in 2010, I had no platinum trophy. Actually I think I was around lvl 6. I loved the game and wanted Nier to be my first platinum, but now it'll be my 33rd... hopefully. 

EDIT: Besides the Eagle Eggs. You can only farm them until a certain event happens.. and then you'll have to loop to get to the same spot.

Edited by Yechan
  • Like 1

Two more trophies left :)

I just finished up the speed run this weekend and it actually only took me around 9 hours even though I watched some of the cutscenes since it's been a while :P

I might try to save Nier plat for my 4500th trophy since I did wait years for it..

Good luck! Hopefully knowing that there are some blind spots for certain items should help speed it up a bit. Don't waste years trying to farm at the same spot like I did DX

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...

So apparently having increase drop % on weapons and magic may screw with specific items.

I had a hell of a time getting subdued bracelets, spent a good 6 hours farming and got nothing but the rare metal pin drops. I took item % increase off everything and got two bracelets within 30 minutes and I had everything set on easy. Hard for the flyers has them take eons to kill.

This was the same with forlorn necklaces, I wound up getting earrings most of the time, the item drop % increase screws with the numbers. I tired both easy and hard and the item drop % makes earrings more frequent while making necklaces become even rarer.

Also if you're farming necklaces in the main field, use the strategy of having the DLC boar quest reset the enemies. It's quicker that way. Also make sure to roll everywhere while killing the 4 mobs that drop the necklaces on the field and after you go from the Boar Quest NPC to the last shade jump off the cliff near the water and you'll wind up by the boat it's quicker than just rolling to the bridge and you'll already be halfway back to the boar NPC to fail his quest again so the enemies reset.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

So I don't know what it was about the forune teller's side quest in the Forest of Myth that ended up giving me the last few materials I needed, but if you're struggling trying to get those Forlorne Necklaces etc I strongly suggest trying that out. Got everything I needed within half an hour.

11 hours ago, stm-858 said:

So I don't know what it was about the forune teller's side quest in the Forest of Myth that ended up giving me the last few materials I needed, but if you're struggling trying to get those Forlorne Necklaces etc I strongly suggest trying that out. Got everything I needed within half an hour.

Fortune teller's side quest and repeat portal visits, gives like 3-4 different make ups of shade groups which are also random. Some make ups are better than others, like the one that spawns armored guys who have the best chance at dropping the broken watch.

You still need to go to emil's underground lab for the stopped clock and a more reliable place to farm the dented metal bats. Rusty Kitchen knife is also iffy in both locations, I can't seem to get it that reliably, but I have 8 out of the 9 needed.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

• 11 months later...