Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

Hi guys I was just wondering if any one else ever restarted there profile and began from scratch. Right now I feel like doing it but I am not sure I have many games I am never going to play again because I don't even have them and I have allot of regrets. I was just wondering if it was worth starting a new profile because in some days I just feel like all of the playing time is for nothing because I know I will never be able to achieve 100 on some games. I only have 8 platinum's and I have a account created called IWINNOTLOSE. If you ever restarted plz tell me thank you and give me me tips if I were to restart!

EDIT: Thanks everyone for your suggestions and answers I have decided to restart my profile with a name with a meaning and a profile I feel good about I've already got 2 platinum's and I enjoy gaming much more my new account is called KLyrios ty everyone for your responses and good bye!

Edited by lysyk13
  • Like 1

I've had plenty of accounts in the past and started again many times.

I think as I got older, I just wanted a PSN username that meant something to me and I haven't looked back since.

Choice is ultimately yours pal, if you want to start again then start again. It's not a bad idea, you get to play your games all over again.

Although you should always play for fun, trophies is a bonus and you're guaranteed to get the most out of your games that way. That's my opinion anyway.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

• Like 2

I've had plenty of accounts in the past and started again many times.

I think as I got older, I just wanted a PSN username that meant something to me and I haven't looked back since.

Choice is ultimately yours pal, if you want to start again then start again. It's not a bad idea, you get to play your games all over again.

Although you should always play for fun, trophies is a bonus and you're guaranteed to get the most out of your games that way. That's my opinion anyway.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Thanks its just that every day when I play a game and get trophies I see all those other games that I will never be able to plat just makes me down I don't know how to explain it.

Thanks its just that every day when I play a game and get trophies I see all those other games that I will never be able to plat just makes me down I don't know how to explain it.

I think I understand where you're coming from, well the platinums you have are relatively easy so if you feel up to it, have the time and the dedication then I don't see why not. Although, I still recommend a name that means something to you otherwise, later down the line you'll just do the same thing over again.

Again, the choice is ultimately yours, a lot of hunters have games on their list they won't play again. Doesn't sway them.

Edited by Meacham93

I think I understand where you're coming from, well the platinums you have are relatively easy so if you feel up to it, have the time and the dedication then I don't see why not. Although, I still recommend a name that means something to you otherwise, later down the line you'll just do the same thing over again.

Again, the choice is ultimately yours, a lot of hunters have games on their list they won't play again. Doesn't sway them.

I tried to make a name I love but every possible thing was taking do you guys think Iwinnotlose is a bad name? I also have a account called crykiil where I have 1 game 1 plat

Edited by lysyk13

I restarted mid-last year. Similar to Meacham, I was dropping my old username/PSN ID to go with something I put a little more thought into, plus I had made my old account with my dad's details (except name) and it just felt weird sticking with that. Sony's a little strict with the censoring though. Trigger should not be censored.

It was a little tough since the last few months prior to making the new account, I had a short plat'ing spree, but nothing I couldn't redo later when I'm in the mood again. I can understand not wanting to give up now-unobtainable plats though. I wish I'd done it when I bought my latest PS3 three years ago, but what can you do...

I kinda know what u mean by how it makes a person down I get that way sometime's. 

I have started another account, then came back to this one due to certain plat's that I didn't want to re'due again. Drakengarde 3 being one of them xD LoL.

All in All, it's up to u if u wanna restart. We are all here to game and enjoy are self's.

Edited by Chuck D
  • Like 1

Well this topic has been done about a dozen times already but here it is again.

Look no one is impressed with an account that is 100% completed but only has easy games on it. If you want 100% completion, fine, but don't just restart every time you can't do it (because that takes all the skill out of it). It is like those Let's Plays of really hard games but the people use save states and cheats...well anyone can do that so what is the point?

I see what you mean but even if I don't get 100 percent I will at least know that I made those decisions and its my name people used to come to my house and put in random games and I would never be able to play them again and I didn't even get a choice on my name :(

I see what you mean but even if I don't get 100 percent I will at least know that I made those decisions and its my name people used to come to my house and put in random games and I would never be able to play them again and I didn't even get a choice on my name :(

I was a Playstation rep. I had people putting games into my PS3 all the time. Just got the plat in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi after 3 years of it being 1%

I was a Playstation rep. I had people putting games into my PS3 all the time. Just got the plat in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi after 3 years of it being 1%

That is like half of my games right now and I don't have the courage to start on them again or buy them. Also sorry for starting another threat like this I just haven't seen one yet and I haven't been around for to long to know i'm sorry. I just don't feel like playing the games I don't enjoy and them sitting them makes me down because I know I hate the games haha

No, i thought of it a long time ago back when i didn't have that many trophies, but i ultimately stuck with my account, like i said in a twin thread of this one, we are here to play games, not to chat with others and judge them by their PSN IDs.  ;)

• Like 3

Why don't you try and platinum the games on your account. I have many games on my account I thought I would hate but have really enjoyed them. Recently I got the platinum on tekken 6, where I hate fighting games but looking back on it now it was quite fun........ Nah, who am I kidding, I fucken hated it.

• Like 4

Yes i have created three profiles it can become very addictive. This profile is my second one but i do not use it anymore only for this site because i am a premium member. I will be staying with my third psn account as i am happy with the psn id and i have worked quite hard on the games i have completed.

If you feel the need to ditch your current profile then do what makes you happy and content.

Why don't you try and platinum the games on your account. I have many games on my account I thought I would hate but have really enjoyed them. Recently I got the platinum on tekken 6, where I hate fighting games but looking back on it now it was quite fun........ Nah, who am I kidding, I fucken hated it.

LOL