Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

Honestly, I haven't started a new account, but if I were to start a new one I would play the games I really enjoy first. Then open games one by one. Finish a game, open the next one. That would be my advice. Plus, pick a name you want to stick with AND research your games you want to open and plat/100% :)

Good luck :)

I never made a new account nor do I plan on it. I like the idea that someone can check your profile and see what types of games you are into. If you make a new account you leave out games you have already played unless (obviously) you go back and play the games again. Plus depending on how far along you are, you are abandoning a lot of work and time invested.

I care about completion % but I can no longer ever get my profile to 100%. At the time of finding this out, I thought about a new account briefly but quickly gave of that idea for the reasons mentioned above plus some games I have completed now have down servers so going back and getting those again isn't even an option.

I know the feeling man. Theres alot of sorry games that i started and hate having them on profile with out 100. I though about restarting too but if i do then what of the games you 100 ?and all those hours u put???? it was for nothing then. Good luck on your decision. W me if a game sucs ima take my time to 100 or not do anything.

I know the feeling man. Theres alot of sorry games that i started and hate having them on profile with out 100. I though about restarting too but if i do then what of the games you 100 ?and all those hours u put???? it was for nothing then. Good luck on your decision. W me if a game sucs ima take my time to 100 or not do anything.

I haven't restarted my profile as I think you mean, but I do have 3 different profiles - one each for EU, US and JP regions - and I have played my 3 favourite games to completion on the 2nd and 3rd profiles, but these are in addition to my main profile, rather than instead of.

Nope, and I never plan on doing so.

I've said this before, but I think your profile should be a reflection of you as a gamer. Of the games you've played and of what you've been able to accomplish in those games. All of those games. Just restarting just makes your entire gaming identity a lie, and I can't imagine it being very satisfying seeing a high completion, when you know you've played other games and couldn't beat them. Ultimately, like I said, it's just a big lie that you're telling yourself, and others. 

That's one of the biggest reasons that when I see a 90%-100% profile, I'm usually unimpressed. There are legitimate high completion profiles, but many of them are completely fake. Full of easy games that the person chose through a screening process. Anyone can plat a game that they find easy, and anyone can get a 100% profile doing so. That's why it's just not impressive. However, if I see a 30% profile with a bunch of UR plats and hard games, I'm generally very impressed.

This is the reason why i never will create a new account and will always stay with my current one, no matter what happens. Your profile is like your gaming carreer with all its ups and downs recorded. Starting over would be throwing that all away.

You grow as a person and thus as a gamer and if you look back you can see that in your profile, creating a new one does not give you that satisfaction.

For example: I cared about 100% alot but only in games i liked, so i refused to add hannah montanah and that kinda easy stuff to my list but since november 2014 i dont care about 100% anymore and enjoy games much more and i think you can see it back in my profile.

I never made a new account nor do I plan on it. I like the idea that someone can check your profile and see what types of games you are into. If you make a new account you leave out games you have already played unless (obviously) you go back and play the games again. Plus depending on how far along you are, you are abandoning a lot of work and time invested.

I care about completion % but I can no longer ever get my profile to 100%. At the time of finding this out, I thought about a new account briefly but quickly gave of that idea for the reasons mentioned above plus some games I have completed now have down servers so going back and getting those again isn't even an option.

Good point, all the servers closed down in last few years made alot of trophies unachievable which is sad, there were some fun multliplayers out there.

3 years ago, i gve up an account with 5600 trophies, 117 plats, avg completion of 83% to become a 100% completionist. ---- it was the best decision i ever made. i have an ID i love, my account has grown with trophies, surpassing my prev account, with 100% still obtainable. im as happy as can be. Glad you decided to start over. you wont regret it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've restarted twice as I'm a compulsive perfectionist but no way I'll do it again. I've given up on a total of 90 Plats over the two accounts but to be honest I'd rather aim for quality over quantity anyway. But to each there own, it wasn't an easy decision to make either time and I can see why most people wouldn't want to do it. Re-playing your favorite games with the perfect Plat strategy is kinda fun though. Is to me anyway :)

• Like 2

I considered it because of games like NBA 2k14, Injustice and Tour de france I regret having on my profile.However there be no point to have that clean profile having all 100%, because you'll avoid games just to keep your 100%, your not a true trophy hunter if you restart.

I am a perfectionist but the way I see it play the games the want, keep your profile above 90% and play other games as well not just the one when going for a plat or 100%. I have played 47 games so far, coincidence because I'm platting the hitman games, have allot more games I want to plat to add to mycollection :) Once you restart it will be hard to get the games you want back on your profile due to MP trophies, Servers, DLCs and the time it takes to get the hard trophies

Edited by HKelly91

I considered it because of games like NBA 2k14, Injustice and Tour de france I regret having on my profile.However there be no point to have that clean profile having all 100%, because you'll avoid games just to keep your 100%, your not a true trophy hunter if you restart.

I am a perfectionist but the way I see it play the games the want, keep your profile above 90% and play other games as well not just the one when going for a plat or 100%. I have played 47 games so far, coincidence because I'm platting the hitman games, have allot more games I want to plat to add to mycollection :) Once you restart it will be hard to get the games you want back on your profile due to MP trophies, Servers, DLCs and the time it takes to get the hard trophies

But, I... I restarted with this profile

Am I not a true trophy hunter?  :(

Edited by Aela

Had the same thought, back in 09' and 12'....

But the significance of my initial username is something I couldn't let go *on a personal level though

then I was hit with the question "now what.? what username should I use.?" Should I edit numbers or add+ X or other

characters into it...but at the end of the day, I couldn't think of any that has that calibre of 'Significance" and of value.

Like what @Meacham93 have said early on " just wanted a PSN username that meant something to me ".

I just woke up one day, during those troubled time, saying to myself, FCUK IT! LET IT BE!

I for one is a believer of, games are made and meant to be FUN not a burden to one's past time/hobby. :) 

Lastly, I think it was Doc (Mayus) who once mentioned into other thread, "the sense of value and skill set are lost when restarting an account

-just for 100% completion rating sake-. 

But then again, the choice is yours to make!

Cheers!

-Razgriz

• Like 1

But, I... I restarted with this profile

Am I not a true trophy hunter?  :(

No sorry thats not what I'm saying, I trying to say theres no point in restarting because you'll have to replat your favourite games and 100% dlcs that you payed for. Plus you wasting your time platting a game, spending hours completing trophies then deleting your progress. Aela you're a trophy hunter you got some ultra rare plats and trophies. :)

Nah no point, completion rate doesn't mean anything to me, I'd rather have really good plats with a low % than have a 90% + acc with easy games, kudos to those who have a really high % and plat hard games.

Yh its about quality, I just like to keep a high percentage so I don't get too many unearned trophies. People go for easy games because they want an easy plat they can get in a few hours. I try to earn both and add collection/series of games to add to my trophy list. I play multiple genres of games so trophy hunting won't get boring

• Like 2

I made my profile like 2 years ago, when I started "trophy hunting", but I got my PS3 back in 2009.

I have actually attempted to make new profiles for the sake of completion rate, focusing in one game, etc, but in the end I thought it was worthless.