Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

My first account was sephiroth4423. It only has FF XIII completed with missing timestamps,since i didn't know about trophies when i bought ps3.And my first games were Devil May Cry 4,Resistance,MotorStorm,(none of those 3 have trophies), GTA IV (no trophies without patch) and FF XIII, so it took me a while to find out about them.I remember checking the item list whenever i earned a trophy on FF,it was so weird.I created my current account a little after FF XIII-2 was released 

• 2 months later...

I know a lot of people would flag me for starting a new account when I promised not do so, but if I did decide to break my promise, I would only do so to create a "fun account" where I would try to keep it at 100% as much as possible and replay games I enjoyed again to re-earn the platinums since you cannot re-earn platinums on an old account if you already got that platinum on the account.

I am, of course, paranoid of being a marked dude. The only way that could happen is if I decided to attach a forum profile to this new account, becuase I would be abandoning my current profile and I don't want people to think I am doing that. So I would be posting to this forum as MidnightCJ and earning trophies on that account but I'd also be working on my platinums in the new account. The only reason I can do this is because I am unemployed.

I don't think there is a low on PSNProfiles.com about creating more than five accounts, but just don't gloat about it. I learned the hard way that you need to be a little respectable on these forums. ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

I don't think there is a low on PSNProfiles.com about creating more than five accounts, but just don't gloat about it. I learned the hard way that you need to be a little respectable on these forums. ;)

I see you take some crap sometimes having multiple accounts, I don't really get it so more power to you I reckon. I also think your argument about replaying games and earning plats on a new account is sound. Not every game has multiple stacks and then not everyone is in a position to keep rebuying them if it does.

As for respect on a forum I wouldn't concern yourself with it. Respect is built up over years through mutual actions, honesty and trust. None of these elements are ever going to be created solely via a digital forum. We can only choose who we respect and not concern ourselves with who chooses to respect us.  

I like your Robert Tew quote in your signature when you have time you should consider reading some Ayn Rand, her exploration of similar issues can be very life affirming

Playstation locked me out of my old account this past March, so I was forced to create a new one. I'm not totally butthurt about it though, as I'm having fun going back and replaying some old games that I haven't touched in years while still adding to my new games list. I see it as an annex to my old account (about 7500 trophies on my old one)!

58 minutes ago, CjShai said:

As for respect on a forum I wouldn't concern yourself with it. Respect is built up over years through mutual actions, honesty and trust. None of these elements are ever going to be created solely via a digital forum. We can only choose who we respect and not concern ourselves with who chooses to respect us.  

Thanks. I lived a sort of sheltered life in my youth and I was able to make my parents dance to my beat so I have only myself to blame for the way I turned out. xD If I want to get respect I have to earn it, so yeah I understand.

I appreciate your comments about the quote in my sig. I found it and enjoyed it because it reflects my vision on life in general.

Anyways, I did just create a new account but it will only be for games I know I can platinum. The account is to feed the OCD beast within me so I can enjoy playing games on this account and not worry about getting 100%. I know I'll never get 100% in stuff like The Witness or Sonic Generations but I enjoyed those games so I had to create a new account to shut up my inner child so I didn't regret playing those other games or entering events like the Weeblympics or Fall Backlog challenge. Maybe I'll put up a risk/reward system to motivate myself to play more of the harder games. ;)

While I understand why some people decide to make new accounts, it's never really been something I've thought to do. I started this account the day I bought my PS3 (shortly after launch day) and it has served me well for more than 10 years. Additional fun fact, I've had the same avatar (the silly cardboard box monkey) since day one too, never changed it.

While I do have multiple accounts, one in particular is my backup account in case something unfortunate happens to my primary account. If something does happen, it's nothing but JRPGs for that account. I'll still have another account set up for playing online in games but not for trophies as I'd only hunt JRPGs on my backup account.

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Anyways, I did just create a new account but it will only be for games I know I can platinum. The account is to feed the OCD beast within me so I can enjoy playing games on this account and not worry about getting 100%. I know I'll never get 100% in stuff like The Witness or Sonic Generations but I enjoyed those games so I had to create a new account to shut up my inner child so I didn't regret playing those other games or entering events like the Weeblympics or Fall Backlog challenge. Maybe I'll put up a risk/reward system to motivate myself to play more of the harder games. ;)

Don't want to be the buzzkill but wasn't that the same reason why you started one of your prior accounts (wasn't it NebbyLunala?). I'm just asking and you don't have to explain yourself, Do whatever floats your boat but I would give you another advice:
Just don't mention that you started another account as that will only fuel the fire. ;)

@topic:
I don't know if you can count it as "restarted" but this is actually my second account. I already had one that I created when I wanted to try out the online multiplayer of some PS2-games (only to realize that they were shut down :| ). Then back in 2012 I decided to get some more up-to-date consoles and handhelds and as I didn't remember the email I used for the first account, I had to create this one. Besides this account, I only have accounts to access the stores of various other regions.

I've made 2 or 3 PSN ID's over the years since I've gotten my first PS3 in 2008. Wich I actually regret, because there's 1 game out there wich I loved so hard, where I've met so many people I still talk to from day to day, I even have met an (now ex-) girlfriend there. Those people still call me that name when they talk to me, it's weird. :P I would love to have the platinum of that game back because of nostalgic reasons, but it's impossible because the servers went down when GameSpy was shut down. And I have forgotten the e-mail and the password of that account.

I have an acc where am lvl 26 .

200 +games played and 72 platz.

I had like 3000 unearned trophies and wanted to get it to 100 % but some games cannot be platted anymore so i created this account and I also get to be numero uno in Honduras.

I have more accs with platz but the lvl 26 is highest.

Nope and I don't plan to. I go by the name Miles_Warren everywhere. It is the real name of my favourite Spider-Man villain a.k.a. the Jackal so I am emotionally attached to the username. You do hear horror stories of people unable to suddenly log into their account for some reason and have to create an alternate account. Hopefully that never happens to me.

I did once, as I decided I wanted a fresh start and to go for a 100% account (which I still am! :D), but ironically the one trophy left from my platinum in GTA V is the trophy which I've done on 8 other accounts..... reach level 100! :( but I'm at LVL 90 again so :P 

Yeah I've done this many times in the past, it was years ago though. I used to get frustrated when I knew there was games that I knew I couldn't 100% or Platinum. Then in the end I realised that it's just no good being like that because your losing all your hard work and progress your putting in. 

So in the end I stopped all of that and I've never looked back, I wouldn't ever do that kind of thing again. Now, it doesn't bother me if I can't 100% or Platinum a game. I've just come into acceptance and have accepted it if I can't, that's totally fine with me. 

I did, but just because I wanted name changes. My current account I intend to stick with indefinitely, and I made it both because I wanted a unique unified name as well as to reign in my out of control purchases spread across a handful of accounts that I was always keeping around just for digital game access. Rebuying games on PSN was easy, but extremely frustrating on Wii U lol. Only reason I got a new account on Xbox was because I sold my original account with my 360 (thousands worth of Rock Band DLC and XBLA), so getting an Xbox One I started fresh.

Still, when I used to change, LIVE made it easy, but I'm also kind of glad PSN doesn't have a name change option. It makes people be more careful, and even though I've changed accounts often, I was still careful with my names every time :)

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just don't mention that you started another account as that will only fuel the fire.

Alright, my lips are sealed, nothing about the new account will leave this thread. :pimp:

I guess I should not be paranoid. Nobody I know even bothers to check random people's accounts so if my new account shows up on a trophy card in the random roulette on the home page, they'll just shrug and go meh like I usually do. :D

I'm really debating doing this. I just started trophy hunting in May and I have a big list of things in my owned games list that I'm not very interested in. I think I'd rather go through Bloodborne and Uncharted etc again than clean up stuff like Disney's Frozen game I played for like 30 minutes with my daughter one day.