Do you prefer your games physical or digital?

Auradinho

Do you prefer your games physical or digital?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer your games physical or digital?

• Physical Master Race!
    • Get with the times! Digital ofcourse
    • Wichever game is cheaper I don't really care!

I said Whatever is cheaper but that's not me haha.

I buy digital for... reasons I cannot mention... but I like physical special editions.

I don't have a preference, but I do like being able to play a game I pre-ordered on the store before I go to school, but as I mentioned before, I like Special/Collectors Editions.

Edited by Nitro

I prefer having a physical copy. It's nice to have something tangible that I can hold, look at, and collect. It also helps prevent my HDD from filling  up so quick, and it makes it feel as if I actually own the game, where as digital still makes me feel as if it's not completely mine, even though I payed for it.

That being said, I do sometimes buy digital if I either can't get a physical copy, don't wish to wait around for whenever I'm able to go out and purchase one, or if the game doesn't have a physical release. Life is Strange, a new episodic game/series in the same vain as The Walking Dead, is something I'd love to have a physical copy of, though (once they've released all five episodes).

I used to buy physical, but now I'm all digital. I like just being able to switch games without having to take out a disc. Plus my system is quieter since there isn't a disc spinning, and if I run out of room on the HDD I can always delete my old games and if i ever want to play them again I can just download them.

Digital for PC because (barring disastrous DRM services like Uplay) digital storage on PC is far more reliable in the long run.

Physical for consoles. For typical reasons; collection purposes, no worries about losing stuff from something like a network outage or a compromise of my PSN account. And probably more than half of my library is second-hand games bought from pawn shops, anyway, so...

I prefer physical as I can then trade the game in once I've beaten it and often discs are cheaper, however I have quite a big digital library from the past 2 years (something I thought would never happen as I was super pro physical until then) with PS+ and PSN sale items that are either digital only or just a really really good deal - Money is mainly the deciding factor for me though. :)

Also then smell of a manual does things for me ha ha :eyebrow:

Edited by DJROE95

I usually buy Physical, which is my preference and only buy digital if it the Game is Cheap, Free or if it is the only option available for that game, but if consoles ever went digital only I be buying anymore systems unless it is Virutal Reality that is.

That I bought Kingdoms of Alamur for $2.99 or something like was a pretty low price to pass up on.

Physical here. I love looking at my games, touching them and smell that plastic cover of a new game =)

I don't sell my games, but that's also a plus of having physical copies.

I understand that brand new smell is overly appeasing. 

I personally prefer hard copies if I'm forking out money for the game.

My gf and I have been collecting for several years now and we have over 600 hard copies across all consoles, 370+ being for the ps3 itself.

She says I'm a collector first and a gamer second lmao. 

i prefer physical specially after the whole playstation home crysis where sony basically punched alot of us in the nose and hid behind that little thing we all agreed to that says anything we buy from the store is not ours its never ours we arnt even really renting it they can just take it away no need for explinationsit not ours 

now saying that i do on occasion buy digital when theres a sale or if its a digital only thing but fairly rarely unless its free :D usually anything i buy digital cost me little to nothing and once i have the money i buy the physical copy unless there just isnt 1