Do you prefer your games physical or digital?

Auradinho

Do you prefer your games physical or digital?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer your games physical or digital?

• Physical Master Race!
    • Get with the times! Digital ofcourse
    • Wichever game is cheaper I don't really care!

I've always said physical, I love collecting games and I've never sold any of them, but I find myself buying more and more digital games. It just saves a ridiculous amount of money with all the sales going on all the time on the Store, plus I think it's awesome to have the games on the XMB and playing whatever you want without having to get up and change discs everytime you want to play something else. The downside of that is it takes a lot more space in the hard drive, but it's still worth it IMO.

For me, they both have their place, pros, and cons.  I will always prefer physical because I like to collect things.  Especially games.  However, there are games that I can't get a physical copy of so I resort to picking it up digitally. 

Plus, as I've said a billion other times...DAT MANUAL SMELL :holy:

I voted for Physical, but I have to admit the convenience of digital is definitely great. I try to see if I can find a physical copy (new or used) that's not outrageously expensive if I have other games in the series as physical (like Tales of Hearts). If the downloads are large I try to go for physical as well. On the other hand, not having to go to the store/wait for shipping/delay instant gratification is definitely the reason I've bought digital for a couple of games even if they have physical editions. 

As a digital-only gamer, I am in the minority because the poll is inherently biased.

Being on PSNP - a forum chiefly populated by gamers that buy --> Plat --> Sell games back - the results are obviously going to be in favor of physical games.

This is an interesting point of view...

On the contrary, I believe people on these forums prefer to collect the games so I wouldn't say the Plat -> sell thing is that hot =D

This is an interesting point of view...

On the contrary, I believe people on these forums prefer to collect the games so I wouldn't say the Plat -> sell thing is that hot =D

Source?

In every digital vs. physical debate I've ever been in, the strongest argument against digital is the inability to resell the games once you're finished with them. I don't think people like collecting games unless they have great replayability (RPGs or multiplayer-centric titles), so I have to disagree with you that these people collect most of their games.

My hypothesis is further proven with the current results; physical games are winning 44-2 right now, but on every other forum poll you go to (without trophy hunters), the results are much more evenly distributed.

I've used a rental service before, but that rental service didn't last long. :P I've also purchased absolute shit games completely new for a low price from other countries over the internet, got the plat, then sold with profit it stores in my own country.

I prefer physical copies, and I keep them if the game is good.

Not too long ago I actually noticed I got a sealed NA copy of Cross Edge. I bought it from amazon.com for like 20USD, and now it's supposedly worth like 70-90USD (NA version, sealed). :P

I do purchase a lot of cheap digital content though, especially when that's the only way to enjoy the games.

Edited by MMDE

Source?

In every digital vs. physical debate I've ever been in, the strongest argument against digital is the inability to resell the games once you're finished with them. I don't think people like collecting games unless they have great replayability (RPGs or multiplayer-centric titles), so I have to disagree with you that these people collect most of their games.

My hypothesis is further proven with the current results; physical games are winning 44-2 right now, but on every other forum poll you go to (without trophy hunters), the results are much more evenly distributed.

I'm a % of the source.  I don't sell ANY game I buy back.  Ever. Period. 

Digital, I don't sell back games and I don't lend games anymore. So for convenience all digital from now on. Plus all of my old ps3 systems either got discs stuck in them or the laser burned out. With digital those nightmares will become a thing of the past.

Plus all these digital sales lately, so many digital games to play.

As I said, I only believe that :)

Some people even mention they like collecting games.

Ah, fair enough. I suppose we don't (and won't) know for sure.

I'm a % of the source.  I don't sell ANY game I buy back.  Ever. Period. 

I feel like you're in the minority, but the only way to tell for sure would be to make an entirely new poll.

Ah, fair enough. I suppose we don't (and won't) know for sure.

I feel like you're in the minority, but the only way to tell for sure would be to make an entirely new poll.

Yeah. I don't doubt that.  I know a lot of people who sell their games back.  I like keeping mine, but I am a collector so that's why.  Some people just want to play the game, nab trophies, etc.  

• Like 1

On PS3 I bought my games physical so I could sell them if I wanted to get rid of them. Later I started buying digital games on PSN store sales only. On PS4 I haven't bought a lot of games, just IGC. I've bought games mostly for single player experience I may buy a physical copy because that way I can borrow it to a friend and even sell it if I'm disappointed in it. Multiplayer games played with friends are better digital.

As with most it seems, physical.  I don't resell games but I've been tempted to sell the games I've got platinum in and know I probably won't play again but I really can't be bothered to.  I just like having a collection and being able to quickly install the game instead of redownloading is always a plus (haven't upgraded to 2TB yet, but it'll fill up too in time regardless).

I still buy digital games, but mostly just games that are digital only.  Or just some random games when they reach super cheap status in sales, like Walking Dead S1 & S2 for $6 per or whatever during the holidays, other telltale games to get the episodes as they come out, and such.  Been waiting for Mordor to hit $30 again to pick it up, could've grabbed it for $35 (no tax) during this sale but I'd rather wait and get physical if it's basically the same price.

Edited by Twoapplesnbanana