Game Region info for Dummy

jujmint

so partly due to my OCD tendencies i am after a specific version of PSASBR (don't judge me lol)

since i cannot get it locally i am going to have to import

and it is likely that i will not find a copy that is the same region as me

i know most games are not region locked but i just have some concerns...

1. the game probably knows where to get it's updates/patches and should not be affected by the region difference hey?

2. i have bought some dlc for the VITA version, will it work on PS3 if the region is different?

3. would it then also allow me to purchase other DLC if i wanted and not be confused by Regions/Stores?

thanks so much

Edited by jujmint

Depends on the plattform and on the game.

SoundShapes eg...

I as European got it for PS4, PS3 and Vita.

I can get NA PS4 version too for an additional trophylist entry, but not PS3 and Vita version. Also PS3 and Vita version shares trophylist entry with NA region.

I can get for PS4 an Japan an HongKong version too for an additional trophylist entry.

Your questions....

1. Yes

2. Depends on how the regions are seperated and which plattform you are using. As I wrote previously there are 4 regions for SoundShapes on PS4. But only two (?) for PS3 and Vita. DLCs are regionlocked, but if you have eg an digital EU PS3 Game, you can buy EU DLC and play it with an NA account. PS3 allows you that. PS4 afaik too, but Vita will say "This software isnt yours" or something like that.

It is important to know the regions because sometimes eg Germany is a region for its own. So I bought SaintsRow3 on Amazon - my Country uses Amazon Germany because we are a little shitcountry and nobody cares for us anyway, except germans that want uncensored games - and I wasnt able to obtain this one online-achievement (was on XBox360). The games hasnt allowed me to play it online, because it was Germany-regionlocked and Im austrian. We are both EU and we are NEIGHBOURS! xD Also I learned that my poor neighbours got some rules for PS4 SharePlay. Some games they can only play with other germans, because Censorship and stuff.

3. If you have an NA game you need NA DLCs. DLC region mixing doesnt work on any plattform.

And Vita doesnt allow you to play DIGITAL games from other regions. She allows you to play RETAIL games from other regions, but doenst allows you to obtain DLCs for them. Example: I got Neptunia ReBirth1 as US-Import because in EU its only digital. I can play it from Vita-card but because its an NA-game I would need NA-DLCs, but they dont work because Im on an EU-Account. IF it would be an PS3 or PS4 game I could buy and download NA-DLC, install it and play with them on EU-account.

TL;DR-version:

DLCs are regionlocked, germany is a (shiity) region for its own, you cant mix DLCs from different regions. Vita is a Nazi.

• Like 1

1. Yes, you can play any game from any region and still download updates.

2. DLC will only work for the region you bought it for.

3. See 2

Depends on the plattform and on the game.

SoundShapes eg...

I as European got it for PS4, PS3 and Vita.

I can get NA PS4 version too for an additional trophylist entry, but not PS3 and Vita version. Also PS3 and Vita version shares trophylist entry with NA region.

I can get for PS4 an Japan an HongKong version too for an additional trophylist entry.

Your questions....

1. Yes

2. Depends on how the regions are seperated and which plattform you are using. As I wrote previously there are 4 regions for SoundShapes on PS4. But only two (?) for PS3 and Vita. DLCs are regionlocked, but if you have eg an digital EU PS3 Game, you can buy EU DLC and play it with an NA account. PS3 allows you that. PS4 afaik too, but Vita will say "This software isnt yours" or something like that.

It is important to know the regions because sometimes eg Germany is a region for its own. So I bought SaintsRow3 on Amazon - my Country uses Amazon Germany because we are a little shitcountry and nobody cares for us anyway, except germans that want uncensored games - and I wasnt able to obtain this one online-achievement (was on XBox360). The games hasnt allowed me to play it online, because it was Germany-regionlocked and Im austrian. We are both EU and we are NEIGHBOURS! xD Also I learned that my poor neighbours got some rules for PS4 SharePlay. Some games they can only play with other germans, because Censorship and stuff.

3. If you have an NA game you need NA DLCs. DLC region mixing doesnt work on any plattform.

And Vita doesnt allow you to play DIGITAL games from other regions. She allows you to play RETAIL games from other regions, but doenst allows you to obtain DLCs for them. Example: I got Neptunia ReBirth1 as US-Import because in EU its only digital. I can play it from Vita-card but because its an NA-game I would need NA-DLCs, but they dont work because Im on an EU-Account. IF it would be an PS3 or PS4 game I could buy and download NA-DLC, install it and play with them on EU-account.

TL;DR-version:

DLCs are regionlocked, germany is a (shiity) region for its own, you cant mix DLCs from different regions. Vita is a Nazi.

thanks guys,

so if it is a different region i would probably have to go to that region's store on a PC to get DLC because the PS3 will default to my region store hey?

thanks guys,

so if it is a different region i would probably have to go to that region's store on a PC to get DLC because the PS3 will default to my region store hey?

You need an account for the other region.

When you login on PC with your primary account, you also get redirected to your region.

On PS3 every Account can access installed stuff. On PS4 too, but you must set, for every Account, your PS4 as primary console.

Vita forbids it.

DLC will only work within the same region, i.e US DLC will not work with AU, EU, Asian etc discs.

The only exception is AU (Region 4) works with EU (region 2) because AU is considered part of SCEE.

Do NOT buy digital Vita games from the PS Store if you want to play them on a PSN account from a different region. They are account-locked. Retail Vita games do not suffer the same restrictions.

DLC will only work within the same region, i.e US DLC will not work with AU, EU, Asian etc discs.
The only exception is AU (Region 4) works with EU (region 2) because AU is considered part of SCEE.

Do NOT buy digital Vita games from the PS Store if you want to play them on a PSN account from a different region. They are account-locked. Retail Vita games do not suffer the same restrictions.

thanks prof3s1r th3s1s s1r and please bear with my 286 logic processing...

so region 2 can use region 4 DLC and vice versa?

Edited by jujmint

thanks prof3s1r th3s1s s1r and please bear with my 286 logic processing...

so region 2 can use region 4 DLC and vice versa?

It should. However, keep in mind that only the purchasing PSN account can access its own PS Store Vita content.

For example, let's say you play on an AU PSN account and you import a Vita retail game from the UK. As long as you buy the AU DLC for the UK game on the AU account, AND play the UK game on the AU account the DLC should work.

With Vita digital content, we've got both regional and account restrictions, which is a double kick in the nuts.

I don't know the PSN region for SA (are you Region 4?), so I can't be certain how it applies in your situation.

• Like 1