Headphones, Surround Sound or TV Speakers?

Parker

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Headphones
    • Surround Sound System
    • Television Speakers
    • Other

What do you guys use when gaming?

I used to just use the TV speakers, but then a kid came along and the wife became increasingly annoyed with my late night gaming so I invested in a pair of nice surround sound headphones. I don't wake my son up, the wifey is pleased now since she can't hear either and the quality is 100X better than what my TV speakers are so it is a win-win all around. I can't believe I waited so long to invest in a pair of headphones.

I will admit that I am a little envious of those with gaming rooms that have massive TV's and a nice stereo system. I'd rather spend my money on diesel truck related things though, so I can live without them. ;)

Parker

for games i use tv speakers. for movies and music, i use surround sound. for listening to music (when in a group of people talking and im listening from the computer) i listen to headphones, and when im out, i use my earphones ;3

What happened to non-surround sound speakers? I use my stereo's speakers which are far preferable to my TV's speakers, but it's none of this surround sound stuff, it's just one plonked either side of my TV.

I also use headphones at night. I have such a good pair.

• Like 1

Yep, all your game money will now be "purse and shoe" money. When that finally starts to let up and you have some more spare cash, you'll then have to start saving for the baby...

In all actuality I haven't stopped playing games due to the wife or kid (although I certainly don't play while my Son is awake) and my wife is actually fine with me playing games. I have gotten her into a few (Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas and a few racing games) which is pretty cool. We'll have another gamer in a few years, inevitably but he 'aint touchin' my PS3 or Vectrex!

Pardon me for getting off topic (in my own thread at least)

Parker

Just like Parker, my wife and kids used to tell me to "Shut the f*ck up!" during late night gaming sessions. Now with my Astro brand gaming headphones, I can filter out all of their annoying whining and enjoy the deliberate isolation from my loved ones in peace.

Not only that, but my Astro's have also improved my gaming by a whopping forfty percent and are the perfect accessory to all the other crap I bought to fill my man-cave! And I swear I've lost inches with all of those decibels pounding through my thick skull!

Surround sound headphones all the way. You hear so much more of the soundscape and appreciate your games on a whole new level.

What happened to non-surround sound speakers? I use my stereo's speakers which are far preferable to my TV's speakers, but it's none of this surround sound stuff, it's just one plonked either side of my TV.

I also use headphones at night. I have such a good pair.

Gotta agree with Pie here, Surround sound / DTS / DD5 is all shit, it generates way too much noise and just pisses everyone off unless you're in the one spot in the room that it actually works in.

Simple TV speakers for me, but some good quality stero speakers are also a great choice, 2.1 all the way.

Just like Parker, my wife and kids used to tell me to "Shut the f*ck up!" during late night gaming sessions. Now with my Astro brand gaming headphones, I can filter out all of their annoying whining and enjoy the deliberate isolation from my loved ones in peace.

Sounds like a commercial lol.

I seldom use My surround sound. not that it is crappy or anything, but My TV can get pretty awesome by itself. but for sure if I'm playing anyone of the DS games I do turn it on every now and then. just to add that extra special effect that I might miss.