DanielVT's 100%/Legit Road to the Infamous Killing Machine Trophy and Ultimately the Resistance 2 Platinum

DanielVT

Ok, after much consideration and pondering, I have decided to embark on the dreaded journey to reaching the Killing Machine trophy on Resistance 2, which is basically 90% of the platinum. The only added difficulty is that I am continuing my 100% Legit (no-boosting) track record no matter how long it takes. I am going to attempt to daily update how many kills I have achieved, and once I have achieved the KM trophy legit, I will update my trophy progress till I get the plat. So bear with me guys, its going to be a heluva long ride! To make the ride feel shorter I have decided to create this thread to hopefully recieve support from you guys, and also to have a sort of milestone tracker! Thanks again. :D The journey begins.................. (To be continued)

-DanielVT

How many kills you got so far?

And have you got too much spare time on your hands!

I started today, and I have gotten a little over 100 kills thus far. There are actually more people on than you might think.....there are plenty of people in custom/private matches, and I can usually get a full match in TeamDeathmatch. I think if I get it in 3 months there will be enought time, besides, there has been no talk about shutting servers. Also, does anyone have a clue what the best class and the best tactics are to use is in terms of getting kills?

I'd just suggest using the carbine and hedgehog grenades. If you're a noob, use the wraith because you barely even need to aim that overpowered POS.

You mention private matches... those kills don't count towards Killing Machine.

I could care less about how I look (i.e. being a noob), I have liked the Wraith, but I like the Carbine as well. Since the Wraith will most likely get me kills faster I am using it! Also, Hedgehogs are BEAST compared to frags. Anyway, I think I will fare much better as I had been aiming before each kill (like I do in COD and BF3 etc.) , but now that I heard it's not necessary, get outa my way!!! :D

P.S. I did know that Private Matches do not count, but thanks for the headsup anyway! :)

Daily Update: Today I am now 2.96% done with the trophy at 296 kills. I could really use advice on what tactics to use. Everyone has the same weapons, but somehow these experts keep finding a way to kill me.....alot!!! The Wraith works okay, but somehow the experts use it 1000x better than I can. :( The marksman is okay as well......I just really need to find some secrets and tactics that will lead to my success and a faster completion of the trophy!!! :D

I used the iron skin perk (can't remember what it was called exactly, sorry) and the Carbine. Be on the hunt for the larger green ammo boxes that drop when enemies die, as they contain 40mm grenades. Use the noob tube of the carbine to kill more enemies, who will then drop more ammo (and hopefully for 40mm grenades). They are pretty generous with the drop rate of 40mm grenades, so take advantage of it if you're having troubles.

since you're strictly going for kills, smaller maps work better. I can't remember if you can restrict your game searches to map size.... but if you can, do it. Its hard to say if that will work since I assume the online mode is largely deserted. I'm not sure what else I can suggest.... Oh! When youre on the subway map, the splicer is a VERY good weapon. Just shoot the floors/walls when you know an enemy is nearby.

I used the iron skin perk (can't remember what it was called exactly, sorry) and the Carbine. Be on the hunt for the larger green ammo boxes that drop when enemies die, as they contain 40mm grenades. Use the noob tube of the carbine to kill more enemies, who will then drop more ammo (and hopefully for 40mm grenades). They are pretty generous with the drop rate of 40mm grenades, so take advantage of it if you're having troubles.

since you're strictly going for kills, smaller maps work better. I can't remember if you can restrict your game searches to map size.... but if you can, do it. Its hard to say if that will work since I assume the online mode is largely deserted. I'm not sure what else I can suggest.... Oh! When youre on the subway map, the splicer is a VERY good weapon. Just shoot the floors/walls when you know an enemy is nearby.

Yes, pretty much all that is availiable is small maps with full 10 member team deathmatch. I think there is just enough people on to get the platinum. I just have to stay dedicated, and hopefully (online community permitting) I will have the Killing Machine trophy within 3 months. I would have it way sooner, but I playing Resistance 2 each day and another game as well to break it up. That way I keep it from getting stale and also I keep gaining trophies and plats. Win-Win!!! :D

Daily Update: Today I took back Resistance 2 for a full refund at Gamestop, and then took advantage of the 2 for 1 sale, and re-bought Resistance 2 and also got Captain America and Heavy Fire: Afghanistan. I have been playing Heavy Fire today, and never got around to Resistance 2 today. I will be back at it sometime tomorrow and will make up my lost time throughout the coming week!!! :D

Daily Update: I did not have the time to play Resistance 2 MP today either. Tomorrow I am going to have to get 200 kills just to begin to catch up! Maybe playing it in an extended session will make me better??????? lol BTW Happy Easter everyone!

Daily Update: Today I am now 5% done with the trophy at 500 kills exactly. I had some genuine fun today playing my new favorite mode Deathmatch. I racked up kills super fast. Playing Deathmatch is so much easier than regular Team Deathmatch as you can "steal" kills and shoot guys that are distracted killing other guys. I am usually coming in first or second and averaging 15 kills a match using my new favorite gun the Carbine. It also helps that I am not going up against a unified team, that has all their firepower drained on you specifically. Thus, I recommend to anyone still trying to plat this game legit, play Deathmatch. There are still enough people as you only need a maximum of two players. That fact alone will keep this platinum achievable legitly for some time to come. Hopefully tomorrow I can get another 200 kills, at the bare minimum 100. :D

Legit ? Lol i did not know it could be boosted ?

Yes, that is the way the majority of people get the plat these days. They buy the DLC to play in empty servers and play Skirmish or some big mode with just two people and get about 90 kills in one match. It's lame and completely unfair! :( I am going to be so proud to have this done legit! :yay:

Daily Update: !!!MAJOR MILESTONE!!! Today I am now 10.02% done with the trophy at 1002 kills. In about a week of playing and 12 hours and 5 minutes of exact playing time, I have accomplished 1/10 of the kills necessary for the Killing Machine :gold: trophy!!!! ;) I do not think I will be playing it any more tonight. If I do any more playing, it will be one of the other games I have been "working" on at the same time. B)

Yes, that is the way the majority of people get the plat these days. They buy the DLC to play in empty servers and play Skirmish or some big mode with just two people and get about 90 kills in one match. It's lame and completely unfair! :( I am going to be so proud to have this done legit! :yay:

Say whaat o.O

Why did i not know this back when i got plat ... oh well :)

Say whaat o.O

Why did i not know this back when i got plat ... oh well :)

Yes, but don't you feel proud that you did it legit? I totally wish I had played this game sooner when there were plenty of people online and full 60 player ranked matches. *sigh*

Daily Update: Today I am now 11.06% done with the trophy at 1,106 kills. I did not make as much progress today as I usually do, but as long as I am getting at least a hundred kills a day I am content even though I usually try for 250 a day. :P Also, I needed a break and switched to some co-op and earned the Team Player :bronze: and Specter Recon :bronze: trophies! :D

• Like 1

Daily Update: I missed yesterday's update due to scholastic reasons. Anyway, I am at 1,168 kills and 11.68% done with the trophy. However, I am going to have to take a 1 week hiatus (till next Friday at the earliest) due to the addition in our house is going to be foamed over the course of several days. The foam, during application is toxic (it is harmless after it settles) and thus we are going to be staying in a hotel and I'll be away from my beloved PS3. However, over the course of the weekend I still intend on platinuming MEGAMIND. Anyway, I'll be back at Resistance 2 hopefully by next Friday!!!! :D - D-VT out.

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Update: I have made the tough decision of temporarily suspending my quest for the 10k trophy. I have too many games weighing over my head that I need to finish. I am so close to finishing BF3 and KZ3 MP, so I shall finish those up briefly, and after that Madden 11 and Ratchet and Clank All for One are calling me. Once I finish all of these (it should take less than a month) I shall continue my journey in earnest.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, and to anyone following my progress, I have not given up on my journey, I have only taken a break. I wanted to finish up some games and thus far I am making good progress. I platinumed BF3, Madden 11, and have almost completed Ratchet and Clank: All4One. I intend on also platinuming Killzone 3 Multiplayer, and possibly Matt Hazard. I am setting my return to Resistance 2 (that had a nice ring lol) to June 17, which is when i begin my second year of college. Thanks to anyone who has been following my progress :D

• 1 month later...

Ok, I after a bit of an extra delay, I am back into the grind. I have found matches so everything is good to go. Only 8,824 kills to go!!! :D lol I shall be working on Matt Hazard, Back to the Future, Jak II, and possibly Infamous as my secondary games. Here's to 10k!!!

God help you! I'm happy no matter how I get it, beg, borrow, or steal...or boost! lol

I hope he will.......it is very slow going, but I am just breaking it up into a minimum of 100 kills a weekday and a max of 200 kills a weekday. After I get that, I just play other games. If you are working on it as well, may God help you as well!!! ;)

Daily Update: Yes, I am back at it. I am now 13.21% finished at 1,321 kills. I broke off and did some SP campaign, and it makes me sad Insomniac will probably never make another Resistance let alone anyone else making another console Resistance. It is such a fantastic game series, and a wonderfully dark universe to sink one's self into. At least in a week or two I shall be playing a new Resistance experience in Resistance: Burning Skies :) . Oh, and throughout the really long break I took, I platinumed BF3, Madden 11, R&C All 4 One, and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor legacy. I also 100%ed Plants vs. Zombies and Virtua Fighter 5. I probably got other trophies that I just cannot remember.

• 3 months later...