I need some help please!

SaltyCat

I play fighting games all the time and have no trouble with them but when I try to play this one, I find myself losing pretty much all the time.
Even against the computers on Medium beat me. 
What I'm trying to say is that I need some tip or something to help me get a handle of this game, so can anyone help me out?

im no pro and not part of the frame data institution but maybe my 2 cents will make you 2 cents richer?

sf has a rather different tempo to other fighters and so one realy has to learn whats safe and not

because many things can leave you quite vulnerable and taking advantage of your opponents' is key

take jumping for one, you cannot block or double jump or dash and has you kinda vulnerable the whole time

so it is a rather patient/careful affair having you control space and capitalising on footsies

with human players you want to watch out for the tick throw tarts, cross over queens, mixup mooks, focus attack whores and grapplers

good to learn to defend but better not to get caught in those situations but i do not have a solution for the lag exploiters :(

with the computer i think you want to bait their patterns so you can get openings and beware being unsafe

hope it helps