PlayStation 4 information

Killua-ID

Hello forum, 

so I finally ordered a PS4 bundle the other day and just wanted to clarify some things, which still confuse me. 

Sorry if a similar topic already exists, I couldn´t find anything.

So my questions are:

- Can I play my purchased digital games without having a PS plus subscription? I have already purchased some digital games, such as Tomb Raider, but people say, I cannot play my downloads without having PS plus. Is this true?

- Will I be able to access/play every downloaded game with any account on my PS4? Let´s say I have Tomb Raider downloaded with my primary account, could I also play it with my secondary account on the same system?

- Do I need a PS plus subscription in order to play online with my primary account?

Thanks for answering my questions. 

Edited by Killua-ID

Hello forum, 

so I finally ordered a PS4 bundle the other day and just wanted to clarify some things, which still confuse me. 

Sorry if a similar topic already exists, I couldn´t find anything.

So my questions are:

- Can I play my purchased digital games without having a PS plus subscription? I have already purchased some digital games, such as Tomb Raider, but people say, I cannot play my downloads without having PS plus. Is this true?

- Will I be able to access/play every downloaded game with any account on my PS4? Let´s say I have Tomb Raider downloaded with my primary account, could I also play it with my secondary account on the same system?

- Do I need a PS plus subscription in order to play online with my primary account?

Thanks for answering my questions. 

1. Not true. You can play all digital purchases as long as they aren't part of the PS+ IGC.

2. Yes, as long as your PS4 is the primary console on these accounts you can play all games with any other account without having to be connected to the internet.

3. Yes, to play online you need an active PS+ subscription on PS4.

Edited by soniq
  • Like 2

The games that you purchased can be played even without a PS+ subscription.

As long as the account on which you purchased the game is set as the primary account, you can play the game on other accounts. PS+ will be shared throughout all users in the same way.

And yes, you need PS+ for MP. Free to play games do no require PS+ for MP afaik.

• Like 1