Thought? GG easy, imo

There's no chance i'm getting this. 

Here's why the guy making it said he was putting the game at 30fps to make it more cinematic or some similar drivel.  Rather then you know be honest and admit he couldn't get that performance out of a dated engine he just outright lied.  That kind of thing puts me off.  If the game does perform better i'll pick it up cheap later.

Here's why the guy making it said he was putting the game at 30fps to make it more cinematic or some similar drivel.  Rather then you know be honest and admit he couldn't get that performance out of a dated engine he just outright lied.  That kind of thing puts me off.  If the game does perform better i'll pick it up cheap later.

I thought this was 60fps?

I thought this was 60fps?

Yeah this version is, but if 30fps was superior to 60fps (because artistic intergrity) for his game why is the selling point for this its now 60fps.  Devs like this should not be supported.  The superior DMC4 has not been given a release so this can get more attn.  Otherwise everyone would just preorder that instead (or they could've packaged them together).

Wow, I thought they would make you play the Gods Must Die (or whatever that new difficulty is called) difficulty for a trophy here. This is definitely a lot simpler than the PS3 version. I wonder if DMC4:SE's will be similar then. 

yeah it looks a lot easier than the PS3 version. I wonder if Bloody Palace will pose a challenge

No it wont. I beat the requirement for the trophy on an alt account on ps3 version which I had only beat the story with once, so I wasnt even maxed with upgrades. And even then I went over like ten waves. Vergil is even less waves, but he is a little weaker than Dante imo.

Overall, this will be a simple platinum, time wise and difficulty. I would like to play it again, but I think I should wait for a price drop or rent it.

I wouldn't be so fast saying this will be easier then the PS3 version. One of the main things this version is supposed to do is rebalance everything, due to this Dante/ Vergil Must Die and Bloody Palace maybe much harder then anything in the PS3 version.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

This is easier than the PS3 version not because of the SSS ranks or HAH, but because you don't need to fight Hollow Vergil on HAH.

Bloody Palace is easy, i think you can use Super Dante on it... though i'm not 100% sure, it's been a while.

• Like 1

Wow, I thought they would make you play the Gods Must Die (or whatever that new difficulty is called) difficulty for a trophy here. This is definitely a lot simpler than the PS3 version. I wonder if DMC4:SE's will be similar then. 

Yeah, Thats something I really wanted, well well

Am i the only one that wants the DMC4 VERGIL IS BACK BABY edition more than this?

but on topic, yeah it's easier all around i think

Yeah, I'd much rather have DMC 4: Special Edition over this rather redundant re-master. I for one won't be getting this, after how disappointing I found the PS3 version to be, and the fact that a great deal of the "additions" they're raving about should've really been in the PS3 version anyway. If anyone here is going to point out I don't have the platinum to the PS3 version yet, don't bother, it's on hold after it glitched me out of a trophy.

Yeah, I'd much rather have DMC 4: Special Edition over this rather redundant re-master. I for one won't be getting this, after how disappointing I found the PS3 version to be, and the fact that a great deal of the "additions" they're raving about should've really been in the PS3 version anyway. If anyone here is going to point out I don't have the platinum to the PS3 version yet, don't bother, it's on hold after it glitched me out of a trophy.

B-but if we don't buy the ps4 remaster we won't get the lock on ultra rare feature...

Honestly, why does this matter to people? 

I get that the game is on PS3 as well. But is there somevother console you can play this on at 60FPS? It seems alittle childish to hold out on a game that you cant play any other way just because you wanted it to look/feel prettier. I'd assume you're the type of person to say graphics don't make a game, which is ironic considering how tied in to graphics FPS is. 

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, Just seems like if you wanted the game at 60FPS you should have made it you'reself. 

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Honestly, why does this matter to people? 

I get that the game is on PS3 as well. But is there somevother console you can play this on at 60FPS? It seems alittle childish to hold out on a game that you cant play any other way just because you wanted it to look/feel prettier. I'd assume you're the type of person to say graphics don't make a game, which is ironic considering how tied in to graphics FPS is. 

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, Just seems like if you wanted the game at 60FPS you should have made it you'reself. 

OK firstly read a post before you start calling people childish.  Secondly don't make comments about things you are clueless about.  The simple solution for 60fps is PC.

Thirdly do you like people lying to you.  The dev has given evidence that he's a big fat liar.  Now he thinks consumers are stupid enough to overlook this.  There are those poor souls who never heard the statement and think 60fps great and for people who didn't buy or play the original I can see why they might be attracted to a better version of a mediocre game.  But then there are the people in the world like you who think oh that guy lied to me he deserves my money more than honest people and that is why the world is a depressing place.  Defending a dev who lies and then attacking (yes i use that word because one comment I let slide but a edit to then take another shot wow you actually have to be pretty mean) a forum member who just was pointed out why this is bad business practice.  Well that says a lot about you.

Edited by Superbuu3

OK firstly read a post before you start calling people childish.  Secondly don't make comments about things you are clueless about.  The simple solution for 60fps is PC.

Thirdly do you like people lying to you.  The dev has given evidence that he's a big fat liar.  Now he thinks consumers are stupid enough to overlook this.  There are those poor souls who never heard the statement and think 60fps great and for people who didn't buy or play the original I can see why they might be attracted to a better version of a mediocre game.  But then there are the people in the world like you who think oh that guy lied to me he deserves my money more than honest people and that is why the world is a depressing place.  Defending a dev who lies and then attacking (yes i use that word because one comment I let slide but a edit to then take another shot wow you actually have to be pretty mean) a forum member who just was pointed out why this is bad business practice.  Well that says a lot about you.

I think maybe you should calm down. I wasn't calling you childish i said it was childish notion. And i also said that i wasnt trying to push your buttons I just wouldnt pass up a game because of something i had so little control over. So thirdly you shouldn't assume im clueless about something because you want to seem smart on some website. I know what fps is and how it factors in to gaming. I never said anything about PC. So i guess you're just trying to pull that out of you're ass? I don't play PC and i only play games for trophies. So of course for me to play PC would be stupid.  I personally dont care how you feel about Ninja Theory, My edit was a simple 1. There was no attacking. No edits for this so called second attack. 

The only thing i edited in was.  

"because you wanted it to look/feel prettier." I typo'd and left out the word feel. I meant every word pre/post edit. You're allowed to think/say/like what you want. But that would also mean the same for me.  I didn't agree with you're post so i said why. No reason to take it for more than it is. 

I personally like DMC Devil May Cry. I would like 60fps. I don't think they should go out of business and i'll be okay with you making some huge deal out of nothing but this is the internet and if my thoughts are different than you'res im wrong and stupid.

Before you shit you're self again thinking since i edited my post i put in some insane quip about fucking you're mom or something

The only thing i edited here was 

"I wasn't calling you childish i said it was childish notion". [This  said I was calling you]  Again a typo that has been fixed.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

I think maybe you should calm down. I wasn't calling you childish i said it was childish notion. And i also said that i wasnt trying to push your buttons I just wouldnt pass up a game because of something i had so little control over. So thirdly you shouldn't assume im clueless about something because you want to seem smart on some website. I know what fps is and how it factors in to gaming. I never said anything about PC. So i guess you're just trying to pull that out of you're ass? I don't play PC and i only play games for trophies. So of course for me to play PC would be stupid.  I personally dont care how you feel about Ninja Theory, My edit was a simple 1. There was no attacking. No edits for this so called second attack. 

The only thing i edited in was.  

"because you wanted it to look/feel prettier." I typo'd and left out the word feel. I meant every word pre/post edit. You're allowed to think/say/like what you want. But that would also mean the same for me.  I didn't agree with you're post so i said why. No reason to take it for more than it is. 

I personally like DMC Devil May Cry. I would like 60fps. I don't think they should go out of business and i'll be okay with you making some huge deal out of nothing but this is the internet and if my thoughts are different than you'res im wrong and stupid.

Before you shit you're self again thinking since i edited my post i put in some insane quip about fucking you're mom or something

The only thing i edited here was 

"I wasn't calling you childish i said it was childish notion". [This  said I was calling you]  Again a typo that has been fixed.

You told me to make the game myself to play it at 60fps. Comparing that gargantuan task to say buying it on PC. That was my point, I don't think anything you originally typed was sensible. You can tell me I lost it over nothing, but I would hardly describe the way you decided to go off on one as a calm manner either. Lets just leave it at that though. If you want to talk about people in general you shouldn't have quoted my post.

I feel the need to point out I didn't criticise the game.  My point was the dev is a liar.  If you have aproblem with a dev you have to protest in the way they'll notice, by not buying the game. I'm not saying others should do it but they should be aware of that.

Ok fine, I can understand why you might call it a childish notion. I don't think that applies to my comment though. As I wasn't complaining about the frame rate my issue was him lying.

Edited by Superbuu3

No. He literally told everybody before the game came out that it was to be able make it look better graphics wise. And he made a good decision doing so. PC DmC on low graphics is pretty disgusting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...