Really Overrated platinum Imo.

TakeaShower__

I don't play racing games and I don't plan on playing this game.

But one thing I know is that my friend platinumed this game and he has 1 platinum, he never plays anything and he's simply a bad gamer, he has a hard time simply finishing games on easy. So I dunno, but it's probably rare because it's grindy or something

wow, I remembered getting underneath the map in nurburgring nordschleife for the GTR trophy. It was still tricky to get your car to be on the road and not be outside of the boundary in the minimap (but no obstacles of any kind lol)

man I tried legit but too many times (closest was when I went over half a second; so much anger).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to admit, I managed to get gold in every single race/event with a controller except the Red Bull challenges. And I'm not shy to say that I had to borrow a wheel and ask a friend of mine who could gold these challenges with a wheel to do it for me since I'm not familiar with racing wheels at all. It'll take me years to master the wheel.

I'm not proud of the platinum I'm about to get, but at least I'm satisfied with all the work I've done so far.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think anyone has ever pretended the challenge of this plat WASN'T in the Red Bull challenges. 9 out of 10 people will need a wheel to do them legitimately (as I did). If you play racing sims regularly, it's not so bad—Assetto Corsa's plat is 3x harder than this one imo—but for even the average racing game player, the Suzuka event will take hours to perfect. You can only afford to make maybe 1 or 2 small mistakes.

• 5 weeks later...

If you cannot do something by yourself, and using glitches instead, where is the accomplishment? There's no reason to be proud of something you haven't done by yourself, right? Using glitches and exploits after completing everything legit is another story though, it could be seen as some kind of bonus outro (you've seen everything, here's something 'new' you can do)...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This is definitely the hardest game I tried to complete so far. If you have good experience with similar games you probably don't see it as hard as others do. For exemple some people find Mirror's Edge hard while I plated it in just 4 days beacuse I played 4000 houers hns/kreedz in cs 1.6.

While I typically like to keep comparisons separate between the main-ish three different racing genres (sim, arcade, and kart racers), I'd still like to know an accurate consensus for the rating of platinum difficulties between this, Wipeout Omega Collection, and Trackmania Turbo, as they typically seem to be the three most proclaimed hardest racers to platinum this generation.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:55 PM, EcoShifter said:

While I typically like to keep comparisons separate between the main-ish three different racing genres (sim, arcade, and kart racers), I'd still like to know an accurate consensus for the rating of platinum difficulties between this, Wipeout Omega Collection, and Trackmania Turbo, as they typically seem to be the three most proclaimed hardest racers to platinum this generation.

I haven't done Trackmania, but WipEout is a complete and utter joke in terms of difficulty compared to Gran Turismo 5, the only really tough thing in WipEout imo is Beat Zico, which took me about 500 laps the first time I did it, but compared to many of the time trials in GT5 that's nothing. There's one event in GT5, for example, that lasts 7 minutes long and it felt like you have less than a second of leeway to make mistakes in.

GT5's platinum isn't overrated at all imo, it's easily the hardest (and longest, what an awful grind) I've ever done.

• Like 2