Games you bought on a whim and ended up loving?

Nihiris-

Batman Arkham Asylum. There were so many bad superhero games over the years I almost stayed away. Now it is one of my favorite franchises. 

Uncharted Drake's Fortune. Came free with my PS3. Had never heard of it before firing it up. Another favorite franchise now.

Corpse Party: Blood Covered

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (bought it long before my Ps3)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Assassin's Creed 4

Saints Row 3

Tales of Graces F

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Rune Factory 3

and Many other Games I can't Remember Right now

Edited by Akira

Great to see people appreciate The Saboteur and Resonance of Fate, both real unsung heroes, hidden gems, of the PS3 era.  I don't know who owns the IP for The Saboteur now, or what plans, if any, tri-Ace have for the PS4, but both games are deserving of a sequel.  I picked up both 'on a whim' and I'm glad I did, great games!

• 11 months later...

Bioshock...

I always thought the artstyle looked childish when i saw the box so without further research i avoided it like the plague...

And then a friend told me how it was really violent and dark, so although i only half believed him, i decided to pick it up. Since then i never judge a book by its cover, cause DANG! WHAT A GAME!!!

Oh Rapture how you haunt me with your sweet treachorous beckoning :P

12 years ago, SOCOM 2: U.S. Navy SEALs.

I went to the local video game store to buy a game (Armored Core) and ended up picking this one instead without knowing if it's any good. The game is still in my top 10 video games ever, I discovered online playing with that game. Too bad Zipper Interactive shut down ;9

I guess if I interpret the thread correctly then this is about games you ended up liking a lot more than you thought you would when you bought it, probably on sale or something.

Here's some with trophies:

Unmechanical Extended

Apotheon

Tennis in the Face

Carnivores HD

Demolition Inc.

StarDrone

Hamilton's Great Adventure

Thomas Was Alone

Stacking

Knytt Underground

4 Elements HD

Dogfight 1942

Voodoo Dice

Winter Stars

Edited by MMDE

Soul Sacrifice( I hated it at first.....it bored me when I got it as a PS+ offering)

Soul Sacrifice Delta when it was on sale for 4.86. I though why not get 2 plats..same some time transferring data.

It only when I got through the intial stuff did it suck me in. Absolutely loved the story....and enjoyed the heck out of both games.

Other games I bought in a Whim, Starting to like. The Raven(Story is real good here), Dragon Fantasy Book (RPG fan, went into it with no expectations), and Heavy Fire series.

Because of Heavy Fire...I started liking Rail Shooters......

I bought Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection with a promotion on a store and ended up loving both games without much expectations at first glance . And then i trade that same collection for Demon's Souls thinking that i wouldn't last too much in the game and will drop it soon however that game and the Souls series became one of the most time-consuming and challenging games that i love to play .

2807709-box.jpg

Maybe not on a 'whim', but I have had no interaction with Digimon since more then a decade ago when I watched the original anime series as a kid, saw this one was being localized, said why the hell not and now it's one of my top RPGs of all time :wub: Only minor flaws, maybe better characters but the gameplay is soo good I can easily disregard that~

919w0GlqRLL._SX425_.jpg

It was on sale for $10 last week on the PS Store and I knew literally nothing about the game when I bought it. It completely blew my f***ing mind and it is now one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. I just ordered a physical limited editon of the game yesterday with the art book and everything and I really can't wait for it to get here. Don't even care about spending all that extra money on the game, it is already worth every penny.

• Like 1