Games you wish had a reboot

Mr_MovieMan29

We'd all love a Crash Bandicoot game for the PS4!

I'd love a proper platforming Spyro game too, none of this Skylanders stuff...

I played Croc a fair bit, I'd like to get to know him again.

As for Ty, he needs both a reboot and a remaster! Not the side-scrolling Windows game though... I'd love a Ty 4! and I never got to play Ty 3... So what better way to immerse myself in his Aussie goodness than with a HD Collection of the trilogy. I've even got some artwork if Krome Studios ever see this ;) (I posted it to their Twitter a while back but they never responded :( )

rV4hKbos.jpg

Larger Image here: http://i.imgur.com/rV4hKbo.png

Cheers!

Just to get this out of the way, i'm not up for a Jak & Daxter reboot. Reason- Until ND or whoever correctly concludes the original series, which just one installment will do fine (even if it was made for the PS3 and not PS4), Jak's series should not get a reboot, unless this hypothetical reboot could somehow surpass all 3 games in the trilogy, and I mean nearly all aspects, like gameplay, character development especially, open world, story especially, all of that. Since that's obviously not going to be possible, especially if ND of all developers aren't the ones who'd be doing it (with their superb talent at doing story telling and character development both specifically), im not up for a Jak reboot till the original series is concluded the right way. It's stupid as hell to reboot the series with that Jak 3 ending. There's cliffhangers and still room for much development with both main characters, especially the sidekick after what Jak 3 pulled. 

Jak 3 concluded a few matters from the first game, but the game wasn't ended properly 'overall', which is funny for what's suppose to act as the conclusion to the universe. The first & main story was concluded actually, but they opened up another story, a secondary story in Jak II, which was not finished in that game or it's sequel Jak 3, so that needs to be dealt with first, especially since that story is more interesting and opens up more (very interesting and badass) possibilities for Jak and Daxter:

Finds Dark Maker HQs, finds Dark Maker Leader, kills him and exterminates the rest of the Dark Maker race (so they can no longer conquer other worlds, a universal threat)

, Jak saves the world and becomes this grand worldwide hero, becomes an Eco Sage or Eco Master (essentially the master avatar of ecos), becomes the Precursor's Guardian

(like The Mar was apparently)

, possibly even the ruler of Haven City

(again)

, and does badass things like building an arena for fighters, himself included, similar

to how The Mar built the racing arena for combat racing

in Jak X Combat Racing. This is all just some story elements and some development alone, and I didn't even mention Daxter's story and development either.

TL;DR- Jak IV first, then Jak reboot.

As for reboots I'd like to see, a Resistance reboot would be good, although the series went out on a good note IMO, story-wise. Resistance 3's existence makes it fairly necessary for a reboot, if Resistance is to be continued. A sequel could also work however, but after how Resistance 3 was handled (canonically included), a reboot has more potential advantages that would outclass a sequel. In a sequel, a 2.0

Joseph Capeli

who ends up getting closer to saving the world or actually saves the world with the all of a sudden more survivors there are out there is a mehh concept, especially if he fails

as well

. Without

Malokav

especially, nah, just do a reboot, and then take advantage of the (not so serious IMO mistakes) that yall made with the trilogy. 

Next would be a Legend of Spyro reboot. Now he has had a few reboots already and I can't imagine a new story that wouldn't be to similar from the past ones, so it'd feel more like a not faithful remaster, but if it can somehow be done, I'd love that and vote for that. Skylander is good for kids and may'be Spyro is best suited for kids now a days in this generation, but it'd be great if we had another series, or 1 last true game (AAA level, so that it can be a successful single installment game without the stress and needing sequels to become a reliant on sequels great series, when 1 single AAA game can do just that. Spyro has had plenty of games and reboots for a single reboot to be able to do everything in 1 installment), that went back to it's similar original roots.

Lastly, an Enslaved reboot. A sequel with different characters would be better than a sequel with both Monkey and Trip (probably), but it's not that type of game and there's no real set off for a focus on other characters to take that "let's use different characters from the universe" path, unlike TLOU, which it can do through measly telling the tale of another survivor in another part of the world, because of the concept & story of TLOU. A reboot would be extremely nice and hopefully they don't make the same mistake the did with the first Enslaved, technical game issues wise and ending wise. The Enslaved ending was so unnatural in one department. (The ending wasn't bad, it was just one component of it that wasn't executed right.)

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1

Legend of Dragon 2 would be sweet. A new Suikoden as well! And finally, a new Onimusha.

got to say that onimush 1 or 2 remastered would be awesome! But i also wish to see a game like Tenchu on playstation 4 as well the good old survivor-horror resident evil 2 and 3  :wub:

Edited by andrefilipe26

Jak & Daxter,

Jak 3 remains my favourite PS2 game and was a delight to replay on PS3 as part of the HD-collection.

There are few things I would like to change if it ever came to a reboot. I will use names from previous games to make my examples.

Creatures like Pecker, Daxter, ... should remain these funny weird little creatures. But charachters like Jak, Keira, Sig, ... should be more human looking.It's to avoid the game and characters looking childish and weird. 

Import RPG-elements to deliver a different experience every time.

For example:

You can tune your hoverbike, your dune buggy and your hoverboard (Jak X - inspired)

Custom weapons and custom gear, ex. you find a hidden precursor plate and you use it to improve your gear. 

So in opposite to previous games, you would not get all your upgrades through story missions, but you could get some special gear by using a special type of metal head skulls (ex.)

Skill trees based on eco:

• Green: health, armor, healing your companions ...
  • Blue: technology (remember the blue sage in J&D 1?), stamina (like run faster), ...
  • Yellow: combat weapons, (both vehicle and combat with your character), explosives, ...
  • Red: combat melee, strenghtish lstuff like breaking some walls
  • White: white eco would be unlocked if you completed the blue, green, yellow and red skill trees which would be something fun after finishing the game.

Dark and Light eco could be integrated as playing evil or good (like infamous) which unlocks different powers. And a balance like Jak was taguht in Jak 3 should also be an option, it would give you similar powers like being really dark or light, but significantly less effective, less power.

Light Eco would provide a shield (to pass through lava areas, like the hoverbike shield in J&D1) while dark eco an attack (possible to destroy some walls like the game).

Flight could be the ultimate Light Eco power, while I have no clue what could be the final dark eco power.

However this would mean that the games would have choices. I wouldn't go as far as choosing partners, bur rather simple story based choices.

Example: - yes spoiler but the game is so old by now - when Veger tells you Damas was your father, Jak became enraged and changed into dark Jak for a brief moment, which activated the precursor subway system. Imagine you could let Veger run off (light eco) which resulted in the ending of him becoming a precursor or you could kill him before he runs off (dark eco). A neutral ending could be him running off but not becoming a precursor.

If you choose a light eco playstyle you could end up with someone like Seem who worships precursors at a temple as hideout in the wasteland or you choose dark eco and you end up with some rebels in the city sewage. Choosing to be neutral will result in a hideout with scholars who studie all eco, sages, etc

The story should include these choices, but the game should not be about  light versus dark as main story subject (like infamous)

Edited by Mr_Freaker

Reboots :hmm:

If we are not limited on Sony's games, then I would love a reboot of both Hexen and Heretic.

Wolfenstein The New Order may not have been a reboot, but something similar for Hexen and Heretic would be awesome.

A Soul Reaver reboot would also be fantastic.

Also MDK :hmm:

And well, it's not a series, but if someone ever decided to pick up Shadowman and make a sequel or reboot... man that game was sick as hell.

• Like 2