How did you feel when you got your first ultra rare platinum?

G1gabitGaming

post-121900-0-19370000-1425346482_thumb.png

Greg Hastings Paintball 2 platinum

This was my first ultra rare plat clocking in at 2.30% I had to grind my ass off to get it, but i finally got it. It was honestly quite annoying, but so satisfying when i finally got it. 

I had to do the game on easy the first time in order to get good teammates to make a hard playthrough possible. When i got the easy playthrough done. i had to do them all on hard. 

Like an idiot i didnt make a checklist, so i lost the order of what ones i've done on hard, and the game doesnt tell you. So after screwing around like that for a while, i made a checklist. I was going my way through it, and i must have marked one off as done when it wasnt.

Today, i started a new playthrough, assuming the trophy was glitched on that last one. I started on hard because the first few events were easy on hard. Well, i got lucky and the 3rd event was the one event i didnt do on hard, and i got my platinum. I felt amazing.

Whats your first ultra rare plat story? Or just first plat in general?

Edited by KingKiller1759
  • Like 2

My first Ultra Rare plat was Killzone 2.

1L4b3c76.png

It took a lot of work but was most rewarding when I was done with it.

When i got it I really didn't know about rarity of trophies just knew it was satisfying to get it.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 1

I had no ideait was Ultra Rare but I did enjoy finally platinuming Buzz Quiz world :). It was my first long platinum and it introduced me to boosting threads, trophy guides and .COM and that kind of got me involved in the community there. That led me to writing my own guides (my first two guides were for two Ultra Rare platinums that I currently own Tony Hawk Ride and EA Sports Active 2) and meeting a lot of awesome gamers :)

So first UR plat really got me started on trophy colleting

• Like 1

My first platinum is Resistance 2 and am REALLY proud for this trophy ^_^

1L286b6f.png

I wasn't a trophy hunter when i got it but when that trophy mania got into my mind i realise how amazing it was for me to get it. Many people have faced some(a lot ^_^) glitches online and gave up on online trophies but hopefully i didn't face many problems when playing multiplayer and i really enjoyed the game!

• Like 1

My first ultra rare platinum was Bleach: Soul Resurrection, which was my third platinum overall. I got it over a year before I joined PSNP, so I didn't know the rarity of my trophies at the time. When I found out Bleach was ultra rare, I was a little surprised. Maxing out everyone's levels and beating all missions with all characters is a long grind, but most of the trophies aren't that hard. Oh well, I shouldn't complain over having another ultra rare platinum.

• Like 2

Mine was probably GTA IV's wanted/platinum. I remember a few friends telling me how crazy i must have been to actually plat it back in 10' LOL i was surprise to see how rare it's plat is when i join PSNP

Edit- actually on second thought it was probably Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic LOL

Edited by heyPJ93
  • Like 1

Before knowing anything about "Trophy Rarities", I just played BLEACH: Soul Resurreccion & STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN wanting to get the game's :platinum: because I was a fan of both Bleach & Tekken.

So I was actually surprised when I learned from Yourgamercard, that both my first 2 overall total Platinums were "Ultra rare"; but on topic with the thread, BLEACH: Soul Resurreccion's 

1L7314c8.pngI Will Transcend All was my 1st/Ultra Rare :platinum: 
Edit: My apologies, I just remembered(checked) that STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN wasn't my 2nd platinum; it was actually my 4th...so ignore my above post/portion regarding STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN being my 2nd overall :platinum: .
I guess I derped  :lol:
Edited by DarknessKey92

My first Ultra Rare Platinum was Cross Edge, although I didn't go for it because it was an Ultra Rare (I wasn't even a member here back then), I went for it because I loved the game (believe me, I wouldn't go through all that if I hated the game).

When I earned that, it was one of the first times I felt like a real Trophy Hunter. hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

To this day, it's still one of my most favorite Platinums in my collection.

Lff996b.png

1Leed5dd.png

:platinum:Crossover Conquest
Earn this trophy by unlocking all other Cross Edge™ trophies.

• Like 1

I wouldn't know because at the time I wasn't aware of ultra rare platinums. 

I'm not even sure what was my first ultra rare that has always been an ultra rare.

I know my earliest platinum I have that is ultra rare now is Mirror's Edge but it wasn't at the time.

When I did start paying attention I had 5 so I was pretty happy about that.

Mine was a weird situation. Technically, my first UR plat was Tales of Symphonia, but I got it just a few weeks after it came out, so I had no idea it was going to be UR. I had also already completely mastered the GC version, and had planned on doing the same on the PS3 version. So, while it was satisfying seeing the plat pop, and it made me happy to get it, I didn't feel especially different because it was an UR plat. It was just because it's one of my favorite games of all time.

The next five UR plats I've gotten haven't been all that different than normal. CoM just felt so unnecessarily long, that by the time I got it, it was more a feeling of relief than satisfaction or accomplishment. Only reason I really got it was so that I could say I've got the plats for the entire KH series.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma was (and still is) barely UR, and didn't feel all that hard. So, it didn't feel especially satisfying or different than a normal plat.

When it came to Rogue Legacy, I had already done everything needed for the plat before in the PC version, except the secret bosses, and the less than 15 deaths trophy. And while it was satisfying to beat a couple of those bosses, the plat, once again, didn't feel all that special or different to me.

Then came BlazBlue Continuum Shift. This one, like CoM, just gave me a feeling of relief, rather than satisfaction or accomplishment. Primarily because the only thing that really held me back from the plat, was online trophies. After that was BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. Like vanilla CS, the online trophies were the only major trouble for me. Putting together just 3 people to play that game was such an enormous pain, that by the time I got the plat, once again, it was just a feeling of relief, instead of satisfaction or accomplishment. Especially since I didn't really do much for those last trophies. I just found other people to play the game.

So, I've never felt especially different when getting any of my UR plats, just because they were UR. There have been plenty of games that gave me a different feeling though. It's all a matter of if I feel really challenged or not. I also get a different feeling when I get onto the fastest or first achiever boards. That kind of thing is far more satisfying to me, because it means you did better than most of the other people who played the game. Because in most games (definitely not all though), pretty much anyone can get the plat with a guide. It's just a matter of dedication, more than anything. But doing things quickly by figuring out shortcuts or just being good at the game isn't something everyone can do.

Mine was a weird situation. Technically, my first UR plat was Tales of Symphonia, but I got it just a few weeks after it came out, so I had no idea it was going to be UR. I had also already completely mastered the GC version, and had planned on doing the same on the PS3 version. So, while it was satisfying seeing the plat pop, and it made me happy to get it, I didn't feel especially different because it was an UR plat. It was just because it's one of my favorite games of all time.

The next five UR plats I've gotten haven't been all that different than normal. CoM just felt so unnecessarily long, that by the time I got it, it was more a feeling of relief than satisfaction or accomplishment. Only reason I really got it was so that I could say I've got the plats for the entire KH series.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma was (and still is) barely UR, and didn't feel all that hard. So, it didn't feel especially satisfying or different than a normal plat.

When it came to Rogue Legacy, I had already done everything needed for the plat before in the PC version, except the secret bosses, and the less than 15 deaths trophy. And while it was satisfying to beat a couple of those bosses, the plat, once again, didn't feel all that special or different to me.

Then came BlazBlue Continuum Shift. This one, like CoM, just gave me a feeling of relief, rather than satisfaction or accomplishment. Primarily because the only thing that really held me back from the plat, was online trophies. After that was BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. Like vanilla CS, the online trophies were the only major trouble for me. Putting together just 3 people to play that game was such an enormous pain, that by the time I got the plat, once again, it was just a feeling of relief, instead of satisfaction or accomplishment. Especially since I didn't really do much for those last trophies. I just found other people to play the game.

So, I've never felt especially different when getting any of my UR plats, just because they were UR. There have been plenty of games that gave me a different feeling though. It's all a matter of if I feel really challenged or not. I also get a different feeling when I get onto the fastest or first achiever boards. That kind of thing is far more satisfying to me, because it means you did better than most of the other people who played the game. Because in most games (definitely not all though), pretty much anyone can get the plat with a guide. It's just a matter of dedication, more than anything. But doing things quickly by figuring out shortcuts or just being good at the game isn't something everyone can do.

You didn't know Symphonia was going to be UR? When I first saw the requirements I couldn't imagine it being anything other than UR dood xD 

Mine was Mortal Kombat, and it really didn't seem like that big of a deal at the time. I also don't understand why it's more rare than most other fighting games. 

Because not everyone is committed to spending several hours with each character and do fatalities and stuff.  I personally was like meh with my first UR, but GT5 is my best one, I feel.  I spent about 600 hours on that game and I really enjoyed it.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

Because not everyone is committed to spending several hours with each character and do fatalities and stuff.  I personally was like meh with my first UR, but GT5 is my best one, I feel.  I spent about 600 hours on that game and I really enjoyed it.

This paired with the fact that I'd say Mortal Kombat has the highest appeal to people outside of the fighting genre. Most of my friends who don't even play fighters much enjoy trying them out just for the fatalities and stuff.

Factor in a grind that even most of the dedicated fans wont' want to do and you're pretty much guaranteed a UR lol.

Officially, my first ultra rare plat was Lone Survivor. I didn't feel a huge sense of accomplishment because I used guides in order to get the required endings. I enjoyed the game immensely though. No regrets.

It was also less special because, unofficially, I had already achieved my first ultra rare with FIFA Street. I still don't technically have the plat, but only because I need a second controller to unlock a nothing trophy. It doesn't show on my list, but that is my first UR plat. Damn proud of it too. What a bastard.

For whatever reason, the plats I found difficult never end up being UR, and my UR plats were some of the ones I found easiest. The fact Need For Speed - The Run is UR is a joke.

Be proud of GT5. Still on it. One day I'll go back. Flash forward 60 years to me looking at my arthritic hands and shouting "That's not fair! There was time now!"