Is this game worth playing?

I enjoyed this game. It had a rather... forgettable story, but so do most Assassin's Creed games imo, but it had its moments, and the memories in Mexico were a lot of fun to play. It has annoying collectibles and a post-game grind, but it doesn't take long and is a rather easy platinum (if that matters to you).

I would recommend.

Game is a quick plat for ps3. But even with that I still can't force myself to sit and play either version of this abortion. This is not a true assassins creed title and it will not be enjoyable in the slightest. Liberation and liberation hd have been on my backlog since release, and who knows if I will ever finish them. So no, it's not worth playing unless you're out for an easy plat.

The only thing I missed was the present.

There is not a single present sequence, so, yes its not AC after all. In my opinion these parts are important. But many people wont understand that.

Discussed some days ago in an german forum and got told how stupid I am because Im the only one in the whole forum that likes the presentstuff.

... But after looking in some profiles, I also was the only one there playing AC since the first game. ;) So, they just hate it because they dont understand it... as usual... I cant understand why people are always hating stuff they dont know. This is way too paradox for me. xD

And the maps are way too small. The city feels on PS3 like... Forli... okay, bigger than Forli. But not much. :P

But in all other aspects it was easier and less boring than AC2.

Yes, back then AC2 was great, but as I replayed it on PS3 (played 1, 2, BH and Rev on XBox) some months ago, it felt kinda meh...

I really love the gameplay of BlackFlag and Rogue. These two are my favourites so far. Rogue is awesome and everyone who likes AC should play it, also it closes some plotholes AC3 left. Cant say something about Unity because I havnt played it yet and Im not joining the paradox-party. xD Seriously, I dont like it when people are talking... hating about stuff they dont know.

Ahh, there is something that makes Liberation unique. You can dress as Assassins, as Slave, as Lady and as... cant remember. As Assassin you are always at wantedlevel2. As Slave you can hide pretty good in the openworld (when other slaves or crate you can carry are around) and you have your assassins-skills, but your armory is limited. As Lady you cant use your assassinsskills but you have an OP umbrella that can shoot and stuff. Also you have new interactions, because when you are a lady, nobody cares about your skincolor (see? SEE?! Humans... paradox... doublestandards). Cant remember about the fourth role.

Dunno, for 20€ or whatever it had cost back then it is more than okay. :) Its not a standalone DLC or something like that. If you think the price for AC2 was fair back then, then 20€ for Liberation is fair too. :P

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 3

I love the AC franchise, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of some of the later titles, this is still worth playing if for nothing else but the ending.  It's not epic by any means, but if you like the story as it's being laid out, this adds to it.  I won't say more, but I repeat, it is not epic.  AC2 ending was epic, this is not, lol.

Anyway, I got the game for $8 on a PS Store sale, and just FYI the AC franchise will get a weeklong Spring Fever sale March 17-23 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/26/spring-fever-2015-8-weeks-8-new-ps4-games-ps-plus-discounts/), so I highly recommend you wait until then and get the game at a discount.  For $5-10 bucks, its worth a playthrough (or in my case, a plat).  I will back-up some of the above comments that as far as AC games go, it does have some minor technical issues, but nothing that stopped me from completing it.  Also, I played on PS3, not Vita (to avoid the terrible online experience).

• Like 1

I love the AC franchise, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of some of the later titles, this is still worth playing if for nothing else but the ending.  It's not epic by any means, but if you like the story as it's being laid out, this adds to it.  I won't say more, but I repeat, it is not epic.  AC2 ending was epic, this is not, lol.

Anyway, I got the game for $8 on a PS Store sale, and just FYI the AC franchise will get a weeklong Spring Fever sale March 17-23 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/26/spring-fever-2015-8-weeks-8-new-ps4-games-ps-plus-discounts/), so I highly recommend you wait until then and get the game at a discount.  For $5-10 bucks, its worth a playthrough (or in my case, a plat).  I will back-up some of the above comments that as far as AC games go, it does have some minor technical issues, but nothing that stopped me from completing it.  Also, I played on PS3, not Vita (to avoid the terrible online experience).

I'm European so unfortunately I can't use those sales.Maybe I should wait for a sale like that,at least until I really wanna play the game

I played the original version on my Vita and I loved it. It was very exciting playing through the story and I really admire the main character, Aveline. I haven't gathered enough patience yet to go for the platinum, but I loved the story, so I would recommend it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just finished this game and if you want to buy it and you can do it for less than 6€ you definitely should. It's not the best game from Assassin's Creed Universe but it's easy and pleasant. Sure there are some bugs and problems but if I got platinum after 5 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes and believe me I'm not a Trophy Hunter at all you can do it faster if you want. It is worth it if you pay less than 6€.

I loved it on Vita and more on PS3, PS3 fixes some of the problems the original version on Vita had. And the trophies are less ridiculous since there's no crappy online to do.

Totally agree with you. The Vita had those stupid online trophies but the PS3 platinum was an easy but enjoyable game.....for me at least. I know some gamers didn't enjoy it but I certainly did. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...