Game suddenly quits

RuinousOne25

Recently as I was playing hundred knight, the game suddenly went to a black screen and I found myself back in he PS3 menu screen. Has anyone had this sort of problem? And if possible, tell me what I should do to keep it from happening again.

I find that this happens sometimes when the machine gets hot (my machine is in a nice wooden stand, which unfortunately needs to be open or else it gets really hot). The disc lens might also be a problem, but my correction was to allow for circulation throughout the machine.

I am assuming its Witch and Hundred Knight, which has bug that quits you to the xmb randomly, the only fix available is believe it or not is to save often. At least it happens every 30-50 mins or so.

Edited by Hyunyoung

Definitely more of a problem for the fat PS3, but it's a combination of a dusty disc drive (fixed for me with gentle use of an aerosol can) and overheating.

You might try removing heat-trapping things around your system, or playing for shorter stretches and giving the system time to cool off every so often.

This is my favorite game, the story is godlike.

But, the issue if it resetting you to the XMB is on everything, disc, digital, asia disc, asia digital, you cant escape it, it's a problem with the game itself. During my time playing it to plat it happened multiple times, so just save often.