Fast paced, good looking...and a POS

Wade_VC

Please note: This is in regards to the PS3 version. I do not know how this game plays on the VITA.

After eyeballing this game for a while, and having a few people recommend this to me, I have to say, hands down, this is the worse game I have ever purchased on the PSN Store. The only other game in my collection that is worse than this is Damnation.

Yes, it looks nice and the tracks also look awesome, but that is about where it starts and stops. The handling of the RC cars is horrid, and that is giving it some credit to even call it that. I played this game for a total of a little more than 4 hours, and my ability to control the RC cars was the same when I stopped as when I started.

I tried every different steering configuration, and even a few custom ones, and it made no difference. The handling is just pure crap.

I know there are a few here who obviously like this game (judging by the names on the leader-boards), but my level of disappointment with how bad this game handles is just beyond words.

Although I am not the best at racing games, I do also hold my own, and I can say that with those racing games I do own (MotorStorm, NFS Shift, NFS Shift 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Underground, WipeOut HD) and a few others, never have I had this difficult a time learning to control and handle a vehicle in any of those games mentioned above.

It may be that those games mentioned above were developed and designed where handling the vehicle was at least a very sincere effort, unlike Motorstorm RC where the visuals and sound were of primary concern, while actually handling the RC cars was a secondary thought...and it shows.

As I stated, others may like this game, and it may play much differently on the VITA, but for me, on the PS3, it is a complete waste of money and time.

• Like 1

Ouch! I am predominately a FPS gamer, and I only have (barely) played the first two Motorstorm games, but I have noticed that the graphics are AWESOME, but the handling of the vehicles can be annoying. I got RC for free on the Vita (even though I dont have it yet), thus I will eventually give it a try. It's still disapointing that the game, according to your review is a let-down.

I got RC for free on the Vita (even though I dont have it yet), thus I will eventually give it a try. It's still disapointing that the game, according to your review is a let-down.

Please note, I did say that this review or thought of the game is based on the PS3 version. From what little checking I have done, apparently on the VITA it is a sound game...but the port to the PS3 is just a friggin' mess.

Please note, I did say that this review or thought of the game is based on the PS3 version. From what little checking I have done, apparently on the VITA it is a sound game...but the port to the PS3 is just a friggin' mess.

I did keep that in mind, but thanks for the reminder. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have another question to this game. I got it on my vita Racing Pack and so i got the ps3 version as well. I found it out just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately all Trophies i have achieved on my Vita instantly popped up on Ps3 Version.. This doesn't mark me as a cheater, does it?

• Like 1

I have another question to this game. I got it on my vita Racing Pack and so i got the ps3 version as well. I found it out just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately all Trophies i have achieved on my Vita instantly popped up on Ps3 Version.. This doesn't mark me as a cheater, does it?

no, the instant trophies are legit.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...