Most Under-rated classic of 2014.

In case any of you don't know, this game is FREE for PS+ users who own a PS4. WHICH IS HUGE! Get this game. Even if you're reading this after the fact buy it anyways. Even if you're not a fan of the genre you should get it. You won't find a game/game series thats been crafted with as much love and care as Oddworld games are. The atmosphere is perfect, the mood is creepy and mysterious. The tone is dark, and humorous all at the same time. Its just.... awesome. This game is a reimagining of the PS1 masterpiece known as Oddworld: Abes Oddysee (Also available on PSN) which tells the story of Abe, a worker at a factory known as Rupture Farms on a planet called Oddworld. Everything seems normal, until Abe discovers that the factory is planing to sell him and his species as food! The goal of the game is to save all of the workers at the factory. And depending on how many you save you get a good, or a bad ending. 

So lets cut to the chase. Give Oddworld:New N Tasty a shot. Its received incredible acclaim all across the board.  The trophy list is normal for a game and wont require you to become a god to master it. (Minus maybe the time trial.... just use a guide, scrub.) And its a wonderful experience.

And i cannot stress enough that everyone should play this game for the EXPERIENCE first. And not for trophies. Just enjoy the games atmosphere. Don't worry about how well you are doing, use a guide as little as possible, and play on Hard mode for the most difficult challenge (It was the only mode available when the first game came out.) And just have fun.

Tell me what you think after you're done. Everyone I've recommended this to has loved it. And i hope others can feel the same.

And sorry if I didn't write this as good as I could have. I'm tired.

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 2

I agree with OP. The original is a fantastic game, and the re-make is perfect.

I really felt like they delivered the game "as you remember it" - nostalgia always tends to make old games look better in your head than they actually did, or is that just me?

This re-make sets the standard for re-makes IMO. They completely re-built the game from the engine up to pull it off, but I think it was definitely worth it. I hope they see enough of a return to consider giving the other Oddworld games the same treatment, and possibly even create new ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In case any of you don't know, this game is FREE for PS+ users who own a PS4. WHICH IS HUGE! Get this game. Even if you're reading this after the fact buy it anyways. Even if you're not a fan of the genre you should get it. You won't find a game/game series thats been crafted with as much love and care as Oddworld games are. The atmosphere is perfect, the mood is creepy and mysterious. The tone is dark, and humorous all at the same time. Its just.... awesome. This game is a reimagining of the PS1 masterpiece known as Oddworld: Abes Oddysee (Also available on PSN) which tells the story of Abe, a worker at a factory known as Rupture Farms on a planet called Oddworld. Everything seems normal, until Abe discovers that the factory is planing to sell him and his species as food! The goal of the game is to save all of the workers at the factory. And depending on how many you save you get a good, or a bad ending.

So lets cut to the chase. Give Oddworld:New N Tasty a shot. Its received incredible acclaim all across the board. The trophy list is normal for a game and wont require you to become a god to master it. (Minus maybe the time trial.... just use a guide, scrub.) And its a wonderful experience.

And i cannot stress enough that everyone should play this game for the EXPERIENCE first. And not for trophies. Just enjoy the games atmosphere. Don't worry about how well you are doing, use a guide as little as possible, and play on Hard mode for the most difficult challenge (It was the only mode available when the first game came out.) And just have fun.

Tell me what you think after you're done. Everyone I've recommended this to has loved it. And i hope others can feel the same.

And sorry if I didn't write this as good as I could have. I'm tired.

What he said. Compared to the original ps1 version this is actually a proper "remaster" of any game I've seen lol