dannyboy_devil

Heads Up On Ultimate Edition

51 posts in this topic

I'm trying to finish Honest Hearts DLC on Ultimate edition but having to restart constantly... uhg!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a common problem as I can see. I've been encountering these frame rate drops mostly after fast travelling or enetering new location (as someone already mentioned) but to be honest it was nothing compared to torment which F3 GOTY edition gave me. In NV I could at least save (it took around 2 minutes to even get into menu but still). In F3 however, constant crashes were actual pain in the ass. During, let's say, 6 hours long session I was getting up to 10 crashes. Fucking Bethesda. F3 and NV were both good fun but they're still crappy Fallouts compared to 1 and 2 and I don't mean terrible PS3 ports which I had doubtful pleasure to experience. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who got the platinum on New Vegas and 3 with the full edition disc, removing the autosave for every loading screen/travel helps a lot. Also, I tried to restart the game every 2-3 hours as the game's stability deteriorated after that time frame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is an old topic, but I've recently picked Vegas Ultimate up brand new for £3. Are these issues still present or have they been fixed?

Also does this have the same issue as Fallout 3 where you have to be careful of your save file size?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck bro. Its worse than fallout 3. Its gonna become unplayable midway through the game. Crashes low fps. Dont stash a lot of shit and turn off autosave. Keep the save file low. Playing the dlcs is gonna be a grind. Constantly rebooting the ps3. Fuck bethesdas engine

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BEER_MONSTER_99 said:

I know this is an old topic, but I've recently picked Vegas Ultimate up brand new for £3. Are these issues still present or have they been fixed?

Also does this have the same issue as Fallout 3 where you have to be careful of your save file size?

Even after multiple patches, this game remains a near unplayable trainwreck once your save goes over 8mb and heads into double digits but the problems are, just like FO3, exacerbated by installing the DLCs (which is unavoidable if you have the Ultimate Edition) so expect single digit frame-rates, plus shit loads of crashes and numerous gamebreaking bugs. FO3 actually runs better than NV does IMO but both are inexcusably buggy and crash prone. The Cache Clear Code will help a little bit, as will disabling all of the auto-saves but those tricks don't work anywhere near as well as they do in Fallout 3. The save file problems are an inherent issue with the antiquated and decades old engine that Bethesda insists on using for all their games so won't be fixed until they throw it in the trash and use one that isn't broken garbage.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that's annoying, I remember enjoying this so much back on 360 when it came out, was really looking forward to playing it again. I persevered with F3's bugs and glitches, but if Vegas is really that bad then I probably won't bother. Thanks.

 

Anyone want a brand new copy if of Vegas, still in it's wrapper 😀

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BEER_MONSTER_99 said:

Damn that's annoying, I remember enjoying this so much back on 360 when it came out, was really looking forward to playing it again. I persevered with F3's bugs and glitches, but if Vegas is really that bad then I probably won't bother. Thanks.

 

Anyone want a brand new copy if of Vegas, still in it's wrapper 1f600.png

New Vegas mostly work on the 360 and the PC, because those versions have better memory management on both a software and hardware level - plus the pc version can be modded to fix virtually all the technical problems but the PS3 release is the black sheep of the family because of the dismal optimisation and generally shoddy coding to handle the PS3's cack-handed memory allocation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had the regular version day 1 and it lagged crashed out like crazy. the farther you get into the game and more items you have the more your going to lag out. just bought the ultimate, froze 4 times already but i expected it since the original did anyways. if the game starts stuttering i save and exit the game. so dont let this thread sway you from the ultimate edition. fallout 3, fallout3 goty, vegas and vegas ultimate all have this issue equally. sometimes entering a door or vats will freeze you lol. its just not meant for ps3. fallout 4 was alot more stable on ps4

also the ultimate is only $12 at walmart, walked past it yesterday so i grabbed it

Edited by melodicmizery
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really want to play NV but I keep hearing it's worse than FO3 when it comes to bugs and crashes. Such a damn shame. I hope it gets a remaster as so many people say it's the best Fallout game out there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Asher1985 said:

Really want to play NV but I keep hearing it's worse than FO3 when it comes to bugs and crashes. Such a damn shame. I hope it gets a remaster as so many people say it's the best Fallout game out there.

The odds of an official remaster are very low if not zero at this point, thus I recommend getting the PC version and modding the heck out of it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of it is based on save file size - if your save file goes over a certain amount in terms of memory, it can cause a slew of performance issues. As people have mentioned before - disabling autosave can sometimes help, although that helped me with Fallout 3 but didn't really work with Fallout NV. Try to keep your save file size as lean as possible by minimising the number of items you store on your character / container stashes.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Alot of it is based on save file size - if your save file goes over a certain amount in terms of memory, it can cause a slew of performance issues. As people have mentioned before - disabling autosave can sometimes help, although that helped me with Fallout 3 but didn't really work with Fallout NV. Try to keep your save file size as lean as possible by minimising the number of items you store on your character / container stashes.

That was actually tested on an SSD by a tech company on skyrim and I think new Vegas and not only did the games stop crashing, they stayed at a stable framerate

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All indications are that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility;  assuming that includes the PS3, are some of the F:NV performance issues likely to be improved by the PS5's superior hardware, or are these bugs endemic to the F:NV software itself?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kurtomatic said:

All indications are that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility;  assuming that includes the PS3, are some of the F:NV performance issues likely to be improved by the PS5's superior hardware, or are these bugs endemic to the F:NV software itself?

It's going to be an emulation of the PS3 hardware and the code will still be the code so odds are the issues will remain

 This is only  if the PS5 will be backwards compatible with the the PS3 and the game

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, majob said:

It's going to be an emulation of the PS3 hardware and the code will still be the code so odds are the issues will remain

 This is only  if the PS5 will be backwards compatible with the the PS3 and the game

This^

 

Only a full remaster with a new engine under the hood, will fix the endemic issues with Bethesda's games so don't count on Backwards Compatibility to solve the problems.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, HuntingFever said:

This^

 

Only a full remaster with a new engine under the hood, will fix the endemic issues with Bethesda's games so don't count on Backwards Compatibility to solve the problems.

 

Who knows ? At this point it's hard to tell if running New Vegas on a PS5 (if at all possible) could solve the issue or even make it slightly more tolerable, but on the other hand it's certainly not going to make it worse, is it ? So I say it's definitely worth the wait and test if you're not in a hurry. 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes FO3 and even Skyrim suffer from memory leaks, but it doesn't mean they are unplayable. I have just one dlc left to go to 100% Vegas atm, and I've been playing Ultimate version.

 

Best advice I can think is if it gets up to 8MB-9MB file size, start to worry if you still have lots of achieves left to go, as 10-11MB is where the hurt kicks into overdrive. It's very similar to FO3 in that energy weapon vaporisations don't disappear though, and I've been vaporising a lot of foes, so that might be partly why mine has been suffering a bit.

 

Have lots and lots of saves handy so you can revert to earlier stages too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having absolutely zero problems playing through on my ultimate edition..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not surprised if fo3 and fonv are having memory leak issue, the newest game fo76 itself is having problems on ps4 pro, crashing mid game, texture error etc. I think the problem lies in the old game engine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Llujei said:

I am not surprised if fo3 and fonv are having memory leak issue, the newest game fo76 itself is having problems on ps4 pro, crashing mid game, texture error etc. I think the problem lies in the old game engine.


I think the real problem is us: trying the same thing over and over and still expecting a different outcome. We keep handing over Bethesda money afterall. Then again, that will probably stop now as Microsoft will probably prop up their exclusives.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Folgers101 said:

I'm having absolutely zero problems playing through on my ultimate edition..

I recently got this game, I really hope this wont be a horror to play through... When I watched my uncle play this on the PS3 when I was younger, I never saw his game lag or any of that sort. 🤞

Edited by LoveInHell
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I recently got this game, I really hope this wont be a horror to play through... When I watched my uncle play this on the PS3 when I was younger, I never saw his game lag or any of that sort. 🤞

I'd suggest saving regularly, the game will most likely run worse eventually, the longer you play the worse it gets. The game is great though so it's worth pulling through.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 11:19 PM, LoveInHell said:

I recently got this game, I really hope this wont be a horror to play through... When I watched my uncle play this on the PS3 when I was younger, I never saw his game lag or any of that sort. 🤞

With multiple hours at once being played and no downside to the frame rate or gameplay I guess it all depends on copy and console so IF you run into problems make sure you save regularly 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bethesda did a real bad job in optimizin this games on PS3, It hapened with Fallout 3, Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas and New Vegas Ultimate Edition, what I did is play until the frame started to drop (from 15 to 20 minutos of playing or loading a whole lot of maps), then quit the entire game and loaded again, it was a drag, but I finished both games and really enjoyed them, the complete packages are amazing, but the poor optimization really sours the experience

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.