The famous survival Legend

Tomoko Kuroki

So I've been trying survival for a few days, and everytime I hit around 50-70 the enemies just Hold absolutely every move. DoA is all about mind play but the AI if he feels like he wants to hold, he'll land the perfect one, or so it seems.

I'm able to beat arcade legend with the Lisa combo without dying, and with Gen fu without dying most of the time. But when I play in survival I just can't seem to get past 50-60. Around that they just seem to Hold everything.

I havn't tried Alpha as I did not unlock her yet, need about 50 titles which I'll get through power blow soon.

Are there any extra tips from anyone who's completed these, or does it really come down to luck and hoping they don't hold all the time.

Playing pre-patch, reduces the AIs tendency to counter. Aside from that try getting the right timing, theyre far less likely to block if you catch them mid-attack. Also if you're going to play prepatch back up your save, from what I hear it may corrupt your save (going from patched to unpatched) though it didn't happen to me.

Edited by nenugalimas

Lisa's combo is much safer (and less repetitive) than using Alpha, if you mastered it you don't need to use Alpha. The only advice I can give is to keep trying and don't give up, after a while you'll start memorizing the AI's attack patterns.

I mainly use Ryu Hayabusa because I know most of his moves. I got to 85 on Survival Legend with him and haven't played it much since that, losing after reaching that far and realizing I wasted an entire hour kinda destroys my motivation to play.

Playing pre-patch, reduces the AIs tendency to counter. Aside from that try getting the right timing, theyre far less likely to block if you catch them mid-attack. Also if you're going to play prepatch back up your save, from what I hear it may corrupt your save (going from patched to unpatched) though it didn't happen to me.

Is this true? I might give the platinum another shot xD

Edited by Lumibelle

As far as I can tell, yes. There was a noticable decrease in difficulty when I deleted the patch. There are numerous forums that support this claim as well.

Ok thanks for the info, I'll try doing that the next time I play :)

How does it work to put games pre-patch, what do I delete, I never done this, I would certainly try.

Just go into Game Data Utility and delete the install data for DOA5, if you have the digital version you'll have to delete the game and re-download it.

Learn to hold.

Master is the hardest difficulty.

AI on Legend is really stupid (easily readed).

You can reset the counter frequency of the AI (hold spam) by using throws.

Best characters for survival are Kokoro, Kasumi, Lisa, Alpha, Jann Lee and Akira.

Deleting the updates is something useless in my opinion, deal with the AI, patience is the key and listen to good music which works to keep you calm in higher rounds. Message me if you want fully detailed tips for everything.

• Like 1

I give up on this game, it's making me fall in depression, can't even beat champ, got to 96 and then ayane just shoved it deep in me, no lube. Props to everyone who's done this trophy, your all gods to me I bow down to you.

Don't give in now. You're close, very close. Wave 96 this attempt 100 the next. Keep at it and you'll have it done in no time. Patience is key here.

• Like 1

I have the game in my backlog, but this is good to know if it is easier pre-patched. Personally I will probably have difficulty doing this, but that is if I actually can get around to it.

I plan on making this game my 50th platinum and I am not too worried about getting it done too quickly, since playing 1000 online matches and dealing with the survival matches time and time again will take awhile.

• 1 month later...

?

He is in fact, Akira is a "punish everything" character if you know how to use him. 

Why waste your time? This is the most boring character in the game. Alpha or Lisa - enough.

?

i use Akira...i guess that's why he is called the Father of DOA lol 

I never heard. Who said that?

Edited by sgtwhite01

Why waste your time? This is the most boring character in the game. Alpha or Lisa - enough.

I never heard. Who said that?

Learn more about DOA then comeback, you sure don't know anything yet lol 

Go back to vanilla and learn.  

Can someone share some tips? (I'm not even sure what Lisa combo it is that people talk about.. long ago I saw one and tried it, but even after I get consistent with it I don't think that I got to far.. higher was around 70 in Champion or whatever is the lowest difficulty that goes to 100 fights.. and I don't even remember with who I got that far..)

That's the main reason why I didn't plat this game.. 2 trophies away from plat, both just require me to finish survival (Lisa swimsuit is what I need for the other, and it would be pointless to grind it online, since I will need to finish the survival for plat anyway)..

Survival is all about timing. Counter, counter and counter again. Wait for an opening and move in for a strike. If you can land a hit, try to keep your combo going as long as you can before you stop. Block. dodge, counter. If you have to, use cheap tactics. I recommend using Kasumi as she has easy combos and a heck of a powerful kick. 

And as another user said, removing the patch reduces the AI's tendency to counter.

Edited by AnimeDreama

I just got the Survival Master! :D  After 52 hours of survival over the last 8 days (I stopped playing everything else just to focus on this).

Big thanks to Zanzarro for the extra info and support! If it wasn't for him to kind of convince me to give this a serious try, I probably would never get it!

Now I need to unlock all costumes again, since I used a new save file to do survival (avoiding this 4 VF characters).. hope that I don't need to get Alpha again.. otherwise it will be a big grind.. well not as big as survival end up being with me losing several times at 90+ on True Fighter, Master and Legend..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...