The famous survival Legend

Tomoko Kuroki

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Saionji said:

They are achievable in both ways since patch 1.03 afaik.

If anyone is still going for Survival Master achievement I would recommend using Lisa and deleting your save then start on a new save file. Not only AI is falling for Lisa combo almost every time but starting from a fresh file you will never encounter characters in survival that you havent unlocked yourself. You will never encounter Akira, Sarah, Gen Fu or Pai this way and from reading on other forums I heard they are a tough opponents. I cleared Champion and True Fighter difficulties without too much trouble, it was hard but not insanely hard or anything. I have 2 difficulties left.

The main combo with Lisa I m using is 1PK, 5P, 236K, 9K, 4PK then Throw, On characters such as Bayman or Bass you cant throw them at the end of the combo so finishing it with 6PPP. Near electric fence if you just use 1PKKK you can deal a serioues amount of damage taking out half of their HP. Patience is the key here, I m taking a break after like 60-70 opponents since I tend to make more mistakes as I grow tired. Good luck to anyone attempting this!

Sounds encouraging. Didn't know it'd not throw in characters not yet unlocked.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Saionji said:

If anyone is still going for Survival Master achievement I would recommend using Lisa and deleting your save then start on a new save file. Not only AI is falling for Lisa combo almost every time but starting from a fresh file you will never encounter characters in survival that you havent unlocked yourself. You will never encounter Akira, Sarah, Gen Fu or Pai this way and from reading on other forums I heard they are a tough opponents. I cleared Champion and True Fighter difficulties without too much trouble, it was hard but not insanely hard or anything. I have 2 difficulties left.

The main combo with Lisa I m using is 1PK, 5P, 236K, 9K, 4PK then Throw, On characters such as Bayman or Bass you cant throw them at the end of the combo so finishing it with 6PPP. Near electric fence if you just use 1PKKK you can deal a serioues amount of damage taking out half of their HP. Patience is the key here, I m taking a break after like 60-70 opponents since I tend to make more mistakes as I grow tired. Good luck to anyone attempting this!

I did mine years ago with Gen, Hayate and Busa.  You can also use 1PKKK if they're not in the corner and catch them with her 8+throw.  They usually don't duck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Sounds encouraging. Didn't know it'd not throw in characters not yet unlocked.

It may sound that way but its still hard, I managed to beat champion on like 10th try and True Fighter on 1st try but I m currently struggling with master. You also need to be lucky with AI behaviour, sometimes they are very aggresive countering your every move and mop the floor with you with 2 combos and sometimes they just fall for the combos easily. I m playing on an unpatched game as well, I checked it myself yesterday and the AI is certainly harder after the patches. They counter your moves a lot more.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, Mami Tomoe said:

hello there 

after like 4 years im back with this games 

did the 1000 , 50 takedowns , all arcade 

today i got alpha in which FINALLY!!!!! i got the other simple trophies and will be doing the reminder of tag time trials and getting kokoro's , mila and lisa's costumes 

question: what do you mean by 236 as in what the movement motion of the stick that corresponds to the numbers 

ok now im stressing on survival because i know its going to be THE hardest thing  , will the lei feng power blow exploit works  or any other cheap tricks like that with the AI can be used 

how much is it different doing survival without the patch 

will alpha be an enemy on survival and how do i remove the patch if i don't want my save to be corrupted  

is lisa's ( HOT COCOA ) costume on survival obtained by just beating master or without using any continues 

1 hour ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

question: what do you mean by 236 as in what the movement motion of the stick that corresponds to the numbers

236 is down, down+forward, forward

Refer to this if you want to fully understand the numerical notations for fighting games

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/systemGuide/notation.html

ok now im stressing on survival because i know its going to be THE hardest thing  , will the lei feng power blow exploit works  or any other cheap tricks like that with the AI can be used

I read Lei Fang method is less effective after the patches so if you want to try her do it without patches, I personally havent tried her but I think it will be more complicated than Lisa

will alpha be an enemy on survival and how do i remove the patch if i don't want my save to be corrupted 

She wont be if you have a fresh save file, redownload the game and cancel the patch in digital or delete game date for DoA5 if you have disc

is lisa's ( HOT COCOA ) costume on survival obtained by just beating master or without using any continues 

what continues? there are no continues in survival you have to fight 100 opponents in one sitting, if you die you start from the start. You unlock bikini costumes for Lisa and 2 others chars by either beating all survival courses or playing 200 ranked matches (I m not sure about the exact number but I got those costumes while boosting online)

Edited by Mami Tomoe

22 hours ago, Mami Tomoe said:

236 is down, down+forward, forward

Refer to this if you want to fully understand the numerical notations for fighting games

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/systemGuide/notation.html

I read Lei Fang method is less effective after the patches so if you want to try her do it without patches, I personally havent tried her but I think it will be more complicated than Lisa

She wont be if you have a fresh save file, redownload the game and cancel the patch in digital or delete game date for DoA5 if you have disc

what continues? there are no continues in survival you have to fight 100 opponents in one sitting, if you die you start from the start. You unlock bikini costumes for Lisa and 2 others chars by either beating all survival courses or playing 200 ranked matches (I m not sure about the exact number but I got those costumes while boosting online)

thanks i needed the motion info to get a better visual about your posted combo , any good combo with alpha while doing this 

im gonna try with the patches 1st until i get all time trails and boosting online to get the lisa ( HOT COCOA ) bikini as well 1 last kokoro costume , then ill tacle survival and try to be good at it and if im desperate ill remove the patch and back up my save when i only have survival left . 

my game is disc so i hope it wont have trouble running my current save to my vanilla unpatched version but i did remember the CPU was easier when i got the game before the patch , has anybody tried it and confirm me that it did not corrupt the save file 

i meant as in if i lose then i press try again will it count as a continue not as in going in 1st ty and win it , anyway ill be getting her costume while boosting ranked so my mind by then will focus on completing survival 

i got christie's bikini at 100 fought ranked and im now 136 till 200 for hot cocoa

Edited by DEATHWISH1988REF

On 23.05.2018 at 9:33 AM, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

my game is disc so i hope it wont have trouble running my current save to my vanilla unpatched version but i did remember the CPU was easier when i got the game before the patch , has anybody tried it and confirm me that it did not corrupt the save file

I played with my save on patched and unpatched and it didnt corrupt anything

On 23.05.2018 at 9:33 AM, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

i meant as in if i lose then i press try again will it count as a continue not as in going in 1st ty and win it , anyway ill be getting her costume while boosting ranked so my mind by then will focus on completing survival

You can press "Try again" as many times as you want, it doesnt affect anything

Goof luck with it! I finally managed to beat last course in survival yesterday, its hard but if you keep trying you can do it.

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 17/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, Saionji said:

If anyone is still going for Survival Master achievement I would recommend using Lisa and deleting your save then start on a new save file. Not only AI is falling for Lisa combo almost every time but starting from a fresh file you will never encounter characters in survival that you havent unlocked yourself. You will never encounter Akira, Sarah, Gen Fu or Pai this way and from reading on other forums I heard they are a tough opponents.

Too bad this doesn't seem to work on Vita version (Plus). I've deleted the app (which also deletes the savefile) but those characters are unlocked from the start...

Oh well... I'll have to stick with the deleted patch only...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I just got this trophy, and this is the worst trophy I have ever attempted. It took me hundreds, if not thousands of attempts to complete it, often failing in the 70s-90s several times. I didn't play any other games while attempting to get this trophy, as I didn't want to get rusty. It took me a week to beat Legend mode, after beating Master. I used Leifang my entire run, playing on the unpatched version. I basically had to beat 2 Lisa's at the end, with the 99th opponent being La Mariposa, and the 100th opponent being Lisa. I kept my distance during those 2 fights, and they kept running into my 1P+K attack. I was so happy once I beat survival. Never again. This trophy is possible, but you must dedicate yourself to it, and never give up. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2022 at 1:36 AM, x7251 said:

I just got this trophy, and this is the worst trophy I have ever attempted. It took me thousands of attempts to complete it, often failing in the 70s-80s several times. I didn't play any other games while attempting to get this trophy, as I didn't want to get rusty. It took me a week to beat Legend mode, after beating Master. I used Leifang my entire run, playing on the unpatched version. I basically had to beat 2 Lisa's at the end, with the 98th opponent being La Mariposa, and the 99th opponent being Lisa. I kept my distance during those 2 fights, and they kept running into my 1P+K attack. I was so happy once I beat survival. Never again. This trophy is possible, but you must dedicate yourself to it, and never give up. 

Congrats on earning the Survival Master trophy ?Got mines just recently as well, and honestly while getting this trophy I actually had some doubts lol. I tried doing Survival Legend unpatched and it seemed harder for some reason, so I just went back to doing it with the 1.05 patch like I did with the other Survival difficulties.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, x7251 said:

I just got this trophy, and this is the worst trophy I have ever attempted. It took me thousands of attempts to complete it, often failing in the 70s-80s several times. I didn't play any other games while attempting to get this trophy, as I didn't want to get rusty. It took me a week to beat Legend mode, after beating Master. I used Leifang my entire run, playing on the unpatched version. I basically had to beat 2 Lisa's at the end, with the 98th opponent being La Mariposa, and the 99th opponent being Lisa. I kept my distance during those 2 fights, and they kept running into my 1P+K attack. I was so happy once I beat survival. Never again. This trophy is possible, but you must dedicate yourself to it, and never give up. 

Congratulations to a fellow DOA5 plat owner! Serious props to you for sticking with it til you beat it

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone.

As you can imagine, I'm here because I need help beating Survival mode.

I'm stuck at Hard course with a one-time record of 48 wins.

I'm using Lisa (La Mariposa), but Gen Fu, Sarah, Pai, and Kokoro (sometimes Ayane too) are my downfall.

I'm aware of Lei Fang 1P+K, but I'm not really a fighting games fella. Which means I've no idea what "a-i-u-e-o frames" are.

I've also tryed Alpha-152, but I'm not really good with pressing P or K an exact number of times.

Long story short, I need experience based tips so I can perhaps form a better strategy to beat this dishonest mode.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 1:51 AM, Saionji said:

Just wanted to say thank you for this strategy. I was struggling with the Alpha 152 method and only got to 85 wins after 10 hours, but after deleting my save and using Lisa instead I managed to clear it within 3 tries. She just feels way more in control of the match than Alpha 152. 

I modified the combo a little bit to get more damage. I used 1PK (confirm whether I am in red critical stun or not, if not then I add another 1P or 1PK), 5P, 236K, 33P, 4PK, 4PKK. On Bayman and Bass go into 4PKK after the 33P. It's more consistent damage since the ropes don't mess up your combo. Also if your health is flashing red, do a quick charge 1P+K after 236K critical burst to go into a charged power blow for big damage. 

One last thing is the AI falls for a wake up kick pretty much 90% of the time. If you get knocked down, wait for them to get near you and wake up with a kick and go into the 1PK combo. 

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 3