Tips for the new tricks

Finding it hard to get tricks like the Kickflip Underflip done every time.

I've done them a few times but I can't nail them every time, it just does the simple trick behind the advanced trick.

Eg. Kickflip Underflip turns into Backside 360 shove-it - EVEN THOUGH I'm holding down R

Any pointers from the community? I'd really like to get past this challenge! And be able to nail these harder tricks more often than not!

Cheers

Edited by Half-H3ro

All I can say is just keep trying, and make sure you hold down R and don't release it! I found doing the Double Heelflip the hardest trick to do, purely because it never seemed to pick-up right. I can pull off the Double Kickflip 9 times out of 10, but the Double Heelflip drove me insane.

I'm starting to see my Double Kickflip in a level-long combo is just a FWP. I mean, how the fuck do I pull that off in a level-long combo? Tried doing it from a grind, but it has a different name. Tried doing it as the first trick but the animation lock is too long, so I can't grind the bar, or manual the ground below. (Scene 5 of the carnival)

You guys seem to be on some real tough shit though.

EDIT: I've no clue why, but after dozens of attemps, the animation lock somehow stopped being a problem. I was able to manual on the ground below (despite the number of times my guy was still spinning the board around previously).

Edited by Monk746

i have been messing around with how exactly to pull off the advanced tricks (720) and i think i have come across a solution that should narrow down how these are executed:

first do the yellow stick motion required, then add your bumper modifier and the white stick motion. then let go of everything!  these tricks don't require you to rotate your body by holding down a spin button in the air.

• 2 weeks later...