LittleBlueMacaw

Free as a Bird - How does it work?

13 posts in this topic

Hello fellow hunters~!

I'm thinking about getting this game for Vita (just because it has the Rio version in it ^_^ ).

Since "near" will be removed/dismiss some of it's functions this month and "Free as a Bird" is the only trophy you need the app for, I wanted to know what you have to do to get this trophy? So I know if I can even get it before Sony pulls the plug.

A fast response would be appreciated. Thank you~! :)

So I did some more research about the trophy:

You need to unlock 7 birds in the near menu by destroying these "barriers" (barriers that locks the next levels). To break the barriers, you just need to play through the game. It seems you have to break 95% of those barriers to unlock all birds.

When unlocked, you can send one of the birds on migration. You can't send any other bird until the bird you sent returns.

You'll need someone on your friendlist who can send you the same bird so you can send other birds again.

That's what I have found out. Only question is: How much time do we have left before the update comes?

Anyone know how long it'd take to complete the levels? :unsure:

Reposting two comments before the server of this site went up and deleted them.

Antielectron-

Yeah this is one of those games I gave up on with my old account because of that trophy - Near would always fail to send my birds out for some reason.

In terms of time, it can be done pretty quickly if you're actually good at Angry Birds and know what you're doing even though some levels are just beyond frustrating.

The only hard part is finding someone to receive your birds and send them back.

When you've unlocked all the birds, you send them out on "migration" one by one on Near and someone else will pick it up and send it back. Said person doesn't have to have done any progress in the game, their only task is to receive your bird on Near and send it back, then you can send the next one out.

It could be worth doing though just be one of the literally handful of people to ever be able to get the platinum.

The only question is do you have enough time before Near stops working?

Have a go at Angry Birds on your phone/tablet/facebook if you've never played it before and see if you're any good at it - That'll answer it.

aerosol_grey

Not quite right the person you swap with does have to unlock all the birds.  You can send one bird out at a time using near and then need to download someone elses bird, again with near. You cannot collect a bird if you haven't sent your's first and you cannot send out another bird until you get the first back.  I don't think that this trophy will be affected by the changes in near as it is not location specific, you can do it with a friend from anywhere.

The main problem with this plat. is that the physics is broken on some levels which makes them much harder to fully complete than in other version of the game.  They can all be done (I have the platinum) but expect some frustrating levels.

@Antielectron-

I have played Classic and Rio before, so it should be that much of a problem. XP

@aerosol_grey

I see.

I really do hope that the trophy won't be affected after the update. I hate rushing games, but it's better safe than to be sorry. And since you have the plat, would it be rude to ask for some help? :angel:

@LittleBlueMacaw

I really do hope that the trophy won't be affected after the update. I hate rushing games, but it's better safe than to be sorry. And since you have the plat, would it be rude to ask for some help? :angel:

You can ask but it has been a time so I'm not sure how much I remember.  One thing is that you need to go through all of the credits as each page has a barrier to smash, this takes ages and is dead boring.  Another is that if you can back up your save before sending a bird out, if it goes wrong you can reload the save and get all 7 back!  If you can find a boosting partner with psplus they can do this easily which will help both of you.

Best of luck.

As Near was shut down 31st July, could anyone check if the migration function works anymore?

If anyone wants to test this, feel free to add me. I have the little red bird (currently on migration) and after that came back, i can send yellow and blue ones. I doubt this function still works but let's give it a try.

On 03/08/2017 at 1:24 PM, Csonesz said:

If anyone wants to test this, feel free to add me. I have the little red bird (currently on migration) and after that came back, i can send yellow and blue ones. I doubt this function still works but let's give it a try.

Hi friend! I started playing this game again and I still need this trophy. My yellow bird is on migration right now. Do you know if this trophy is still possible to earn? If it does, could you help me please? My PSN ID is: lu2l0i1c2olu

Thanks a lot.

Best regards from Brazil

26 minutes ago, lu2l0i1c2olu said:

Do you know if this trophy is still possible to earn?

It's not...