Add new rank of trophy completion [S+]

But why can't S be for 100% of main game and S+ for 100% main and 100% DLC. Some DLCs are terrible or over priced so on, this also covers games without platinum. Currently you couldn't tell if someone completed 100% of main game trophies in a game that doesn't have the plat when there are DLC trophies present. 

• Like 1

I think the S, A (and so forth) ranks are fine, but I kind of wish there was a symbol (a gem maybe?) that shows like a platinum. I bought Super Stardust for 99cents and finished the base game. Fun but not great enough to drop $9 on the two DLC packs for 100%. I don't mind that it'll forever be 63%(A rank) but it'd be nice to have it show that I completed the trophies for the standard game.

• Like 1

Is this really a topic that needs to be discussed? Games have DLC trophies, if you buy and play a game and don't get the DLC you don't have 100% of the trophies, seems easy enough me.

If this couldn't be discussed or at least explained, then I'd say 80% of the feedback topics should automatically be deleted

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't like the fact that DLC automatically drops one's 100% if you had it without the DLC, largely because of games like LittleBigPlanet 2, which has Move-only DLC that anyone without Move can't play - for whatever reason they might not have Move, but I did have it and sold it off because it caused me too much pain to try to use the Move controller, which basically means that because of my disability I will never be able to get 100% on that game no matter what I do. And I don't think that's fair.

So yes, I think S+ for 100% game plus 100% DLC is a good thought, particularly if you get to keep your S ranking if you've got 100% in the main game. It's fairer.

The rank is about how many people have a certain % of the trophies in a game.

It doesn't check if those trophies are DLC or main game.

And S stands for having all trophies. Again, with no distinction.

It doesn't make sense to add an S+.

How would it work if you get all the DLC trophies before starting the main game for example?

It just seems stupid to me.

• Like 1

Sure you can, by taking a look at someone's PSN Profile and search for the following icons:

platinum_icon.png = platinum achieved

platinum_icon_off.png = platinum not achieved

complete_icon.png = 100% (for games without a plat only)

complete_icon_off.png = 100% not achieved (for games without a plat only)

Those 4 icons and the completion percentage bar of each game should tell you all you need to know.

I got no idea why this post was liked so many times, it doesn't actually respond to what they quote. They know what you've posted here already. What they ask for is when you have 100% the main portion of a PSN game that has DLCs, but not the DLCs. There is no way to tell as it currently is without looking at each game.

This reminds me of something I suggested not too long ago, where I asked if we could have a main game 100% counter, either for just PSN games or all. All isn't really needed, because we got platinum for those games with platinum, but this is not the case for PSN games. I'd very much like to know how many PSN games I've both 100% the main game and 100% main game and DLCs. As it currently is, this is information that takes a lot of time to gather, especially the former.

Is this really a topic that needs to be discussed?

I want it because I'm interested in those stats. I got over a 100 PSN 100%, and I'd very much like to know this stuff.

Games have DLC trophies, if you buy and play a game and don't get the DLC you don't have 100% of the trophies, seems easy enough me.

This is rather irrelevant, because it's just statistics, and I for one is at least interested in those stats. I want a counter similar to plat count for PSN titles.
Edited by MMDE

This reminds me of something I suggested not too long ago, where I asked if we could have a main game 100% counter, either for just PSN games or all. 

This reminds me when https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24718-change-how-completion-is-calculated-when-it-comes-to-dlcs went closed.

Edit: wrong link, now corrected.

Edited by alebrego

I personally view it as 100% or not 100%.

However I get that everyone has different views and this seems to a popular topic.

I certainly wouldn't complain if I look at my profile and it's easy to see which non plat games I am only missing dlc trophies for.

Edit: Keep it simple IMO. Can't you just change the check mark to show up when you get all the trophies for the main game? If the check mark is there, I have all trophies for the main game. If the S is there, I got all trophies including dlc.

Edited by big_bob002

Still doesn't make much sense to me since there's nothing to working with.

If the game has a platinum trophy, then you can have a platinum icon.

If the game has nothing you get a green tick when you get 100%.

There's really nothing to symbolize you completing the base game if there is no platinum trophy.

I got no idea why this post was liked so many times, it doesn't actually respond to what they quote. They know what you've posted here already. What they ask for is when you have 100% the main portion of a PSN game that has DLCs, but not the DLCs. There is no way to tell as it currently is without looking at each game.

This reminds me of something I suggested not too long ago, where I asked if we could have a main game 100% counter, either for just PSN games or all. All isn't really needed, because we got platinum for those games with platinum, but this is not the case for PSN games. I'd very much like to know how many PSN games I've both 100% the main game and 100% main game and DLCs. As it currently is, this is information that takes a lot of time to gather, especially the former.

That answer was referring to this part:

Currently you couldn't tell if someone completed 100% of main game trophies in a game that doesn't have the plat when there are DLC trophies present. 

I'm not sure if you know the point value of games and trophies, so bear with me if you do. PSN games without a plat and with no DLC have a maximum point value of 315. Every trophy also have values:

:bronze: = 15 points

:silver: = 30 points

:gold: = 90 points

:platinum: = 180 points

So that means a PSN game can have up to 21 :bronze:, 10 :silver: + 1 :bronze:, or 3 :gold: + 3 :bronze: (or 3 :gold: + 1 :silver: + 1 :bronze:). The amount of trophies achieved are shown above the completion percentage bar of each game. IMO there are a few ways to find out If a game has DLC:

• Take a look at the amount of trophies achieved and if these numbers are more trophies than the amount mentioned above and the game doesn't has the complete_icon.png icon, it means there's a DLC.
  • Take a look at the amount of trophies achieved and the completion percentage bar. If you have the amount of trophies or more and still no 100%, there's DLC
  • Alternatively you can also go to a game's trophy list and look in the upper right corner of the list (underneath the picture) for the total point value. If it exceeds 315 points, it has DLC.

The same applies to games with a platinum trophy, only these games have a max of 1,230 points. I usually use the first 2 methods for games without a plat and the third method for games with a plat.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Lol. I mean on psn games that don't have a plat built in, but I'm pretty sure you know that already.

Yea this, I thought it was fine. But the plat trophy is replaced by a check mark on these games, but the check mark doesn't function as the platinum does. It should be a check if there is completion of all non-dlc trophies so it would appear just like a normal game.

Currently you can't tell if someone completed a main game trophies on a game without a plat if there is DLC present. 

That answer was referring to this part:

I'm not sure if you know the point value of games and trophies, so bear with me if you do. PSN games without a plat and with no DLC have a maximum point value of 315. Every trophy also have values:

:bronze: = 15 points

:silver: = 30 points

:gold: = 90 points

:platinum: = 180 points

So that means a PSN game can have up to 21 :bronze:, 10 :silver: + 1 :bronze:, or 3 :gold: + 3 :bronze: (or 3 :gold: + 1 :silver: + 1 :bronze:). The amount of trophies achieved are shown above the completion percentage bar of each game. IMO there are a few ways to find out If a game has DLC:

• Take a look at the amount of trophies achieved and if these numbers are more trophies than the amount mentioned above and the game doesn't has the complete_icon.png icon, it means there's a DLC.
  • Take a look at the amount of trophies achieved and the completion percentage bar. If you have the amount of trophies or more and still no 100%, there's DLC
  • Alternatively you can also go to a game's trophy list and look in the upper right corner of the list (underneath the picture) for the total point value. If it exceeds 315 points, it has DLC.

The same applies to games with a platinum trophy, only these games have a max of 1,230 points. I usually use the first 2 methods for games without a plat and the third method for games with a plat.

Honestly, I somewhat get what you are saying, but why does it have to be so complicated. I thought I had a great idea, but seems most was already worked in I just didn't notice it, but clearly the check mark does not function the same and I believe at least it should. Either way, it shouldn't be so complicated as you are saying, why can't I just have something you can glance at? Not sure why so many people seem so opposed to such a little change that adds clarity and makes sense logically. 

No plat, okay you get a check mark, but why shouldn't it function as the plat does. IE 100% of main game. 

Edit: Or arguably with the S+ addition which is all main game + all DLC this works for plat and non-plat games and you could actually remove the plat/check column from the page as you know someone has the plat or completed main game with the S rank. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL
  • Like 1