Add new rank of trophy completion [S+]

I think the only thing that should be changed is the complete_icon.png, this should show up if you have all trophies in the base game of a 100% game (i.e no platinum game) that has DLCs. All other "ranks" are fine IMO, no need for an S+.

Edit: Keep it simple IMO. Can't you just change the check mark to show up when you get all the trophies for the main game? If the check mark is there, I have all trophies for the main game. If the S is there, I got all trophies including dlc.

I was thinking that this would be a great solution and wouldn't involve making a new icon. However from a programming perspective it could be a total cluster. For a Plat game the server just looks at the list and says "user has the plat= insert plat icon" but there's no real way to do that for psn games. As Dragon was saying these games could have anywhere from 5 to 21 trophies in many different combinations. It'd be a lot harder to make the system be able to check through a game and ensure that the user had all the base game trophies. I love the idea, but it's probably a major pain to implement.

I never noticed the checkmark doesn't appear if you complete the base game and the game has DLC. That should be changed.

I think the only thing that should be changed is the complete_icon.png, this should show up if you have all trophies in the base game of a 100% game (i.e no platinum game) that has DLCs. All other "ranks" are fine IMO, no need for an S+.

Agree, as I was saying I didn't notice most the cases were actually there, but this case is not covered and seeing there is an entire column for plat/check and plat is 100% main game it just makes logical sense for the check to function the same. 

The platinum is a milestone that only some games have.

PSN games with no platinum have a single milestone and that 100%. And said 100% can change if the games has DLCs added later on.

The green tick stands for 100%, not for completing the main game.

The platinum is a milestone that only some games have.

PSN games with no platinum have a single milestone and that 100%. And said 100% can change if the games has DLCs added later on.

The green tick stands for 100%, not for completing the main game.

Why is it this? Is this posted on this website somewhere and this icon is actually labelled as this? If it isn't then you are just assuming and it could have been an oversight no one has noticed.

Otherwise I seriously think the whole + system is better as you can have things like A+ B+ which isn't a main game plat, but shows you have completed DLC. Along with that your ultimate is S+ meaning you have 100% and people who don't want to buy trashy or overpriced DLC or plain just don't want to play the game any more for what ever reason (you know sometimes a plat makes you grind a game till death and you hate it) remain with a nice S. IMO this is a better system than what is currently here and more accurately shows all levels of progression and doesn't cheap people out who don't like DLC (if you care about the rank that is). 

For instance I like Drive club and have a season pass, I will gladly be grinding out to that 100% as I want to, Watch Dogs however, I doubt I will buy that overpriced DLC for a few missions to get some 100%. I truly only care about the plat, but as I said this system is cleaner. Now maybe it is impossible from a programming standpoint, but that's not anyone's reason here for throwing the subject out instantly. Sometimes change is a good thing. 

They should take out the DLC affecting your 100%. It just sucks how you percentage goes down with each (lame) DLC being added to a game, even if you 100% the base game. I'm looking at you Driveclub.

Ehh, It would be inaccurate to take out DLC affecting your 100%. PSN officially does it that way (DLC pushing down the overall completion percentage for that game on your list), so PSNProfiles doing it differently for the games percentage or even overall percentage would just simply be inaccurate. Keeping your percentage up simply requires you to buy DLC.

Driveclub's DLC ranges from $2 - $5 each, so it's far more cheaper than just about any other game and most of the trophies per DLC aren't hard to get either :P Though I will say they've been releasing a lot of DLC for that game, good thing I've been enjoying them and the trophies are pretty easy! lol

Ehh, It would be inaccurate to take out DLC affecting your 100%. PSN officially does it that way (DLC pushing down the overall completion percentage for that game on your list), so PSNProfiles doing it differently for the games percentage or even overall percentage would just simply be inaccurate. Keeping your percentage up simply requires you to buy DLC.

Driveclub's DLC ranges from $2 - $5 each, so it's far more cheaper than just about any other game and most of the trophies per DLC aren't hard to get either :P Though I will say they've been releasing a lot of DLC for that game, good thing I've been enjoying them and the trophies are pretty easy! lol

Well, DRIVECLUB plans to release 80 DLC trophies = 16 DLC packs so... it will be a few months before the stream of trophies stops =D

Well, DRIVECLUB plans to release 80 DLC trophies = 16 DLC packs so... it will be a few months before the stream of trophies stops =D

Lmao, yeah, I was thinking about that like a week or two ago: "So it's February and there are already like 8 DLC packs, and don't they keep going until June?" xD

Yeah I get that, but it still kind of annoying. And I'm not big enough of a fan of Driveclub to be arsed to spend money on it :P Not to mention I'm not good at racing games :D

This sounds completely arbitrary and pointless. 

Sounds more of a case "I want to have more S ranks because S is obviously better than A can you please change the whole site."

Did you even read the posts? Go away if this is your attitude. It actually started as a thought as I believed the current rank system doesn't display things in a manner where you can determine someone's progression based on rank alone. Now people pointed out many of these things were already shown/displayed clearly, but there is arguably still a gap for games without plats. And you know, as far as caring about the rankings, I could care less. I came here for boosting help/sessions if I want and its a nicer tracker than what is on the play station, I could care less about my "A" ranking on games I have no want in the DLC. 

Bottom line I personally feel that the DLC should be separated (not as to get 100% without DLC), seems many don't. Especially with how stupid DLC has got in the last couple years (you know basically every game no matter how little the crap or good DLC is). Oh yes I would love to pay 10$ for a couple characters I have to complete some utterly random achievements that they added (looking at AC4:Black Flag here LOL). 

Yeah I get that, but it still kind of annoying. And I'm not big enough of a fan of Driveclub to be arsed to spend money on it :P Not to mention I'm not good at racing games :D

Well if you get the season pass it isn't that expensive really (20$ i think), but the DLC in the end is more content in terms of race events than the original game. This has been one of the DLC's I was very happy with, although I guess I like Driveclub and am pretty good at racing games :P

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

Did you even read the posts?

Did you read the replies?

Ticks and trophy symbols tell you that already, lol, hence it is arbitrary and pointless.

Not sure if you're saying you want people to have 100% for having the platinum, even without additional trophies.  IMO that makes no sense, but to each their own i guess.  But in that case you really should take this up with Sony, as the % ranks are the same as the ones on PSN.

Edited by Superbuu3

Did you read the replies?

Ticks and trophy symbols tell you that already, lol.  I think I deserve an S plus for my posts.  Please change the website to differentiate likes and S+ ranks.

Not sure if you're saying you want people to have 100% for having the platinum, even without additional trophies.  IMO that makes no sense, but to each their own i guess.  But in that case you really should take this up with Sony, as the % ranks are the same as the ones on PSN.

Once again guy, did you read all the replies? You clearly have no idea. No one ever said that, nor is anyone trying to change a system so they have more "S" ranks. It's all explained as to why I thought it was a good idea and what is actually shown. But if you read things you wouldn't have wasted a couple posts and peoples time over your pointless blabble. IMO your life is completely arbitrary and pointless, maybe we should remove it?  

But as you clearly didn't read anything, the arguable point is games that don't have plat trophies require 100% of main game and DLC to achieve the check mark instead of the check mark acting like a plat, which IMO it should as that column there showing plats or checks shows if you have completed a main game. Currently this isn't displayed the same for games without plats as games with plats. 

Now someone has said the check is just 100% in non-plat games, but why not revisit this and have that check act as a plat for those games not worthy of actual plats. 

Once again guy, did you read all the replies? You clearly have no idea. No one ever said that, nor is anyone trying to change a system so they have more "S" ranks. It's all explained as to why I thought it was a good idea and what is actually shown. But if you read things you wouldn't have wasted a couple posts and peoples time over your pointless blabble. IMO your life is completely arbitrary and pointless, maybe we should remove it?  

But as you clearly didn't read anything, the arguable point is games that don't have plat trophies require 100% of main game and DLC to achieve the check mark instead of the check mark acting like a plat, which IMO it should as that column there showing plats or checks shows if you have completed a main game. Currently this isn't displayed the same for games without plats as games with plats. 

Now someone has said the check is just 100% in non-plat games, but why not revisit this and have that check act as a plat for those games not worthy of actual plats. 

Ok, kinda blowing things out of proportion here now.  Saying a system in place being replaced with extra s+ for relatively pointless reasons and thinking someone should be dead because they disagree with you, is kinda, how can I put it politely well psycho.

Replacing a plat with a tick would make it at a glance look like the game didn't have a plat and would be messy.  By having the plat there for not having 100% but having the plat actually points out how DLC isn't the main focus here.  You can easily see 100% because that bar is full.  You're complicating things and not really making things easier at a glance at all.

Can't wait to see what torment you have planned for me disagreeing with you this time lol.

EDIT: realised i wrote replaces instead of replaced >_>.

Edited by Superbuu3

Lol really guys? So I guess I should help clear this up - Rank is based on the average completion of that game in comparison with everyone else who owns that game. So if you go to a game page you will see that middle stat that says "Average Completion", so if you looked at Far Cry 4 you will see that the average completion for that game is 44%. If you had 44% completion in that game you would have a C rank for that game, anything higher than that would be a B or an A, and anything lower than that would be a D or an E based on how far away you are from 44%. An F rank is 0% and an S rank is 100%, those are the only two absolute ranks based on total percent numbers, the rest are ranges based off the average for that game. Ranks are not based on platinum trophies, they are based on game percentages. So, having an S+ rank really would not make sense with how ranks are actually calculated as far as I can tell.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Ok, kinda blowing things out of proportion here now.  Saying a system in place being replaces with extra +s for relatively pointless reasons and thinking someone should be dead because they disagree with you, is kinda, how can I put it politely well psycho.

Replacing a plat with a tick would make it at a glance look like the game didn't have a plat and would be messy.  By having the plat there for not having 100% but having the plat actually points out how DLC isn't the main focus here.  You can easily see 100% because that bar is full.  You're complicating things and not really making things easier at a glance at all.

Can't wait to see what torment you have planned for me disagreeing with you this time lol.

Wow man, I never blew anything out of proportion. You clearly had to be explained to because you wouldn't read it. Clearly you don't understand at all what my original proposal was, as it is not just an S+, it is so much more than added a plus to S rank. It can be done to any rank and cover any amount of progression into a rank. 

Clearly you never understood the dead thing, it was to show you how walking in here saying an idea is completely arbitrary and pointless is exactly what you are claiming I am doing now. Not agreeing with an opinion and then rejecting it, never mind without even clearly understand what you were not agreeing with. 

Once again, you clearly don't understand any of this, I am not saying to remove the plat icon and replace it with a tick...

Now so you can maybe finally understand it, there was two things here.

My original system which adds in a + for DLC:

-Everything as ranking is now basically stays the same

-Rank S is now a designation for having the plat or completing all release trophies in a game that doesn't have a plat

-A new modifier is added which is +, this gets tagged onto any rank you have on the game if you have all DLC trophies. IE you can get C+, B+ A+ if you don't have the plat, or main trophies in games without a plat.

The altered concept which covers the games without plat:

-Everything exactly the same

-Games that don't have plat trophies will display a check if you have 100% of the main game trophies. IE this check is a "fake plat" for the game. 

Can't wait to see what nonsense you spew up. Ha....

Wow man, I never blew anything out of proportion.

Telling people they should be dead is certainly blowing things out of proportion.  Saying people should be killed (or as you put it removing my life) for disagreeing with you is crazy and certainly not a way to talk if you want to be taken seriously.

If you want things simplified or easier to see at a glance (as you've stated numerous times), adding more ranks will have the opposite effect from what you intend to do.

Edited by Superbuu3

That answer was referring to this part:

Yes, and as I said, you didn't address what they said. They said you can't tell if a PSN game's "core/main" (they said main) game is 100%, that means excluding DLCs.

Go to my profile, scroll down to Magic Orbz, Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom, Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers etc. I have 100% the main game for those, but how can you tell without clicking on the games? All it tells you is that I haven't 100% the game and it's DLCs yet. This is very annoying, and this is exactly what the thread opener is annoyed about, and what the post you referred to said.

This reminds me when https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24718-change-how-completion-is-calculated-when-it-comes-to-dlcs went closed.

Edit: wrong link, now corrected.

But isn't that a different topic all-together? I mean that one is about changing how completion is calculated. I at least just want an easy way to see if I've 100% the main part of the game (excluding the DLCs) and preferably a counter for this as well, which is what we're talking about here.

Edited by MMDE

Telling people they should be dead is certainly blowing things out of proportion.  Saying people should be killed (or as you put it removing my life) for disagreeing with you is crazy and certainly not a way to talk if you want to be taken seriously.

If you want things simplified or easier to see at a glance as you've stated numerous times adding more ranks will have the opposite effect.

Once again it is like you didn't even read. Did you read my whole post? I said that because its exactly the same as you coming into this thread and saying it is pointless. You didn't know what we were actually talking about (next to me not knowing you as a person), you disagreed with it and then said it was pointless (me saying your life should be terminated, you know because its pointless and arbitrary). If you though it was pointless and arbitrary then why come here just to say that? Is your life really that void of anything that it was the best thing to do with your time? If it is so pointless, why you gotta post here 5 times? Think about yourself for a second and maybe you can see what is actually happening.

I can't believe it, I will try again. My first system does nothing by simplify the ranking. You can completely remove the plat logos and check marks because of it. I have now removed and entire column.

Now all the F D C B A ranks all mean exactly what they meant before, so if my new system is too confusing I guess the current is too. 

Now keep up here, we are going to change rank S from meaning 100% to meaning plat. Now that it means plat it means you have 100% on any game without DLC. Sheesh that is hard.

Now hold on, we are going to add the DLC in. Now lets keep it really simple, we are going to add a plus sign "+" to any rank you currently have if you have all the DLC trophies completed. 

From all of this you can tell someones position exactly in the trophies by rank alone. Now sure how that makes it more complicated. You have to remember + = DLC... 

Yes, and as I said, you didn't address what they said. They said you can't tell if a PSN game's "core/main" (they said main) game is 100%, that means excluding DLCs.

Go to my profile, scroll down to Magic Orbz or Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. I have 100% the main game for those, but how can you tell without clicking on the games? All it tells you is that I haven't 100% the game and it's DLCs yet. This is very annoying, and this is exactly what the thread opener is annoyed about, and what the post you referred to said.

Wow, you're so much clearer then TC lol.  All this talk of fake plat was confusing as hell.

I guess different colour ticks could work.

New additions of extra letters sound horrible though.

Go to my profile, scroll down to Magic Orbz or Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. I have 100% the main game for those, but how can you tell without clicking on the games? All it tells you is that I haven't 100% the game and it's DLCs yet. This is very annoying, and this is exactly what the thread opener is annoyed about, and what the post you referred to said.

But isn't that a different topic all-together? I mean that one is about changing how completion is calculated. I at least just want an easy way to see if I've 100% the main part of the game (excluding the DLCs) and preferably a counter for this as well, which is what we're talking about here.

Someone gets it, there is a hole in non-plat games. The check should be on like a "fake plat" 

Wow, you're so much clearer then TC lol.  All this talk of fake plat was confusing as hell.

I guess different colour ticks could work.

New additions of extra letters sound horrible though.

LOL, it isn't even new letters guy. It's a plus sign, seriously. As I said already

"

The altered concept which covers the games without plat:

-Everything exactly the same

-Games that don't have plat trophies will display a check if you have 100% of the main game trophies. IE this check is a "fake plat" for the game. 

"

A fake plat is hard for you to understand? What about the text that says 100% of main game trophies? Is that seriously too hard for you? I understand why the plus sign might be hard then. What is a plat, 100% of trophies, so a fake one should be what? Oh 100% of trophies...

Once again it is like you didn't even read. Did you read my whole post? I said that because its exactly the same as you coming into this thread and saying it is pointless. You didn't know what we were actually talking about (next to me not knowing you as a person), you disagreed with it and then said it was pointless (me saying your life should be terminated, you know because its pointless and arbitrary). If you though it was pointless and arbitrary then why come here just to say that? Is your life really that void of anything that it was the best thing to do with your time? If it is so pointless, why you gotta post here 5 times? Think about yourself for a second and maybe you can see what is actually happening.

I can't believe it, I will try again. My first system does nothing by simplify the ranking. You can completely remove the plat logos and check marks because of it. I have now removed and entire column.

Now all the F D C B A ranks all mean exactly what they meant before, so if my new system is too confusing I guess the current is too. 

Now keep up here, we are going to change rank S from meaning 100% to meaning plat. Now that it means plat it means you have 100% on any game without DLC. Sheesh that is hard.

Now hold on, we are going to add the DLC in. Now lets keep it really simple, we are going to add a plus sign "+" to any rank you currently have if you have all the DLC trophies completed. 

From all of this you can tell someones position exactly in the trophies by rank alone. Now sure how that makes it more complicated. You have to remember + = DLC... 

Ok I get your point now after MMDE cleared that up.  Adding a plus though makes it look like extra grades I mean whats better B+ or A?  That really doesn't help the situation and like I said is confusing and looks like a really weird system, anyone new to the site will not be able to work it out, even knowing what it was there for I'd still no really know what to make of it.

Maybe a green tick for base game complete and a blue tick for base game + all DLC (I'm purely talking about games without a plat here).