Add new rank of trophy completion [S+]

Ok I get your point now after MMDE cleared that up.  Adding a plus though makes it look like extra grades I mean whats better B+ or A?  That really doesn't help the situation and like I said is confusing and looks like a really weird system, anyone new to the site will not be able to work it out, even knowing what it was there for I'd still no really know what to make of it.

Maybe a green tick for base game complete and a blue tick for base game + all DLC (I'm purely talking about games without a plat here). 

I mean this isn't grade school here, but I guess might be odd to a new person. But it can be noted easily somewhere what it means. I assume there is somewhere explaining what the ranks currently mean. Just need to add something saying that "+" is 100% of DLC. 

Something like another color would work, or just treat the check as a plat, doesn't really matter. You just cant tell when the game doesn't have a plat, and unless its super hard to do on a programming side, I don't see why we wouldn't do it. 

I mean this isn't grade school here, but I guess might be odd to a new person. But it can be noted easily somewhere what it means. I assume there is somewhere explaining what the ranks currently mean. Just need to add something saying that "+" is 100% of DLC. 

Something like another color would work, or just treat the check as a plat, doesn't really matter. You just cant tell when the game doesn't have a plat, and unless its super hard to do on a programming side, I don't see why we wouldn't do it. 

I'm sure there is somewhere on the forum stating what everything means, but currently its really simple to work out what each things mean.  I do understand your issue with not being able to see if base game complete. From the sites perspective I see a bunch of people asking why have I got a B and this other person got a B+ when we have the same % completeion (yes that would be possible because if you had 1 bronze missing from main game, but another guy had that while missing a bronze from the DLC, overall completion would be the same).

Anyway I hope you see my point as to why thats confusing, aside from obviously ppl taking it as a grade school thing like you've stated.

Edited by Superbuu3

Ok, kinda blowing things out of proportion here now.  Saying a system in place being replaced with extra s+ for relatively pointless reasons and thinking someone should be dead because they disagree with you, is kinda, how can I put it politely well psycho.

That? Is not anywhere near "polite". Drop the ableism, please - it's completely uncalled for. The OP was pretty clearly not being totally serious when ze said that.

A differently-coloured tick might lead to confusion. Perhaps one tick for 100% of the game and a second for 100% of the DLC, in which case if you have one tick on that game on your profile it'd mean you'd completed one or the other, and if you had one tick and <100% it would be clear that you'd completed the DLC but not the main game, yet. Right?

Edited by Trialia_X

I'm sure there is somewhere on the forum stating what everything means, but currently its really simple to work out what each things mean.  I do understand your issue with not being able to see if base game complete. From the sites perspective I see a bunch of people asking why have I got a B and this other person got a B+ when we have the same % completeion (yes that would be possible because if you had 1 bronze missing from main game, but another guy had that while missing a bronze from the DLC, overall completion would be the same).

Anyway I hope you see my point as to why thats confusing, aside from obviously ppl taking it as a grade school thing like you've stated.

I don't get you..

You say it might be confusing, then I explain how we can deal with that and it's like you didn't read it but quoted it...

Anyway, this place where it explains the current ranks, as otherwise how else could you know what a C is?

So now this there are has two very small changes (S is now 100% main game, and add what + is)

S - 100% main game trophies

A - Same

B - Same

C - Same

D - Same

+ - 100% downloadable content trophies (can be applied to any rank)

How this could be too hard to understand is beyond any explanation I could generate. Then if you are asking why someone has a B+ and you only have B, you clearly haven't looked at the page of what any of the ranks mean. 

Edit: typo, this for there

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

Maybe a green tick for base game complete and a blue tick for base game + all DLC (I'm purely talking about games without a plat here). 

I think this is a good idea, just not sure on the exact colors. :o

I don't get you..

You say it might be confusing, then I explain how we can deal with that and it's like you didn't read it but quoted it...

Anyway, this place where it explains the current ranks, as otherwise how else could you know what a C is?

So now this are has two very small changes (S is now 100% main game, and add what + is)

A - Same

B - Same

C - Same

D - Same

How this could be too hard to understand is beyond any explanation I could generate. Then if you are asking why someone has a B+ and you only have B, you clearly haven't looked at the page of what any of the ranks mean. 

This does sound kind of interesting though, but what about the games without DLC? =o

Game without DLC is just normal. Can never have a + as there is no DLC trophies, same would apply to a game with DLC, but doesn't have trophies for it (at least I think there is some games like that). Just felt like a great modifier for DLC, as it is an addition. 

But isn't that a different topic all-together? I mean that one is about changing how completion is calculated. I at least just want an easy way to see if I've 100% the main part of the game (excluding the DLCs) and preferably a counter for this as well, which is what we're talking about here.

Yeah, but i think it's almost the same 'cause what the OP asks for leads to change how the %completion of game with DLC is calculated (no more 81% for your Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype, but 100% ) OR considered ( the system put the check-mark looking ONLY at your "%Base-game").

Yeah, but i think it's almost the same 'cause what the OP asks for leads to change how the %completion of game with DLC is calculated (no more 81% for your Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype, but 100% ) OR considered ( the system put the check-mark looking ONLY at your "%Base-game").

No I am not, I do not want to change the %. Not sure why you would change that, if you don't have them why should you get 100%. 

That? Is not anywhere near "polite". Drop the ableism, please - it's completely uncalled for. The OP was pretty clearly not being totally serious when ze said that.

You think suicide is not a serious topic?

I've seen the devestation caused to a family by suicide, so seriously this comment made me pretty sick.  TC saying this to me out of anger is fairly offensive, but people say things when angry.  You on the other hand speak of being PC and then have the nerve to say anything about removing someone's life is not serious.  I have nothing to say to you and I'd appreciate you not stirring when me and TC finally got to communicating properly, you weren't involved in the argument and the argument ended.  You also could've communicated with me via PM saying my behaviour was inappropriate and I would have explained to you.

Also psycho means psychopath which is actually sociopath which means someone who exhibits antisocial behaviour, talking about death as a joke or not seriously I'd consider antisocial behaviour.  I didn't label TC I said it was a bit psycho.  Don't bring in a sensitivity card and then be insenstive to another demographic.

No I am not, I do not want to change the %. Not sure why you would change that, if you don't have them why should you get 100%. 

I didn't say you want it, i said that what you want can be obtained only in two way:

1.If Sly leaves the check-mark-requirements as they are now--->he has to change how the % is calculated 'cause the check-mark requires the 100%

2.If Sly changes the check-mark requirements--> he has to considered the %-base-game.

3. Sly doesn't change anything and you'll not have your check mark on your PSN-game.

Edited by alebrego

I don't get you..

So now this there are has two very small changes (S is now 100% main game, and add what + is)

A - Same

B - Same

C - Same

D - Same

Edit: typo, this for there

TC I'm not saying there's an actual problem with your method.  Its fine and now I can see it makes sense.  That is fair enough.

But i'll clarify:

- people constantly make topics when they don't understand something

- most people don't search or check for topics when just browsing profiles

In this instance a new symbol people will be able to differentiate there's soemthing to it and be able to work it out.  With what a + would conventionally mean having lower/equal/higher percent then someone who has a + will confuse people a lot.  Forum will be bombarded with questions.  So yeas I agree with your idea.  However I don't agree with a plus system I think just a tick or similar to differentiate would be simpler.

You think suicide is not a serious topic?

I've seen the devestation caused to a family by suicide, so seriously this comment made me pretty sick.  TC saying this to me out of anger is fairly offensive, but people say things when angry.  You on the other hand speak of being PC and then have the nerve to say anything about removing someone's life is not serious.  I have nothing to say to you and I'd appreciate you not stirring when me and TC finally got to communicating properly, you weren't involved in the argument and the argument ended.  You also could've communicated with me via PM saying my behaviour was inappropriate and I would have explained to you.

Also psycho means psychopath which is actually sociopath which means someone who exhibits antisocial behaviour, talking about death as a joke or not seriously I'd consider antisocial behaviour.  I didn't label TC I said it was a bit psycho.  Don't bring in a sensitivity card and then be insenstive to another demographic.

Funny you ask me that, not that I will elaborate on that as this is the internet, but of course it is a very serious topic. But I have to question why you are talking about suicide? No one has said anything about that, you are now fabricating things here. I was to poke fun at you coming in here saying this thread is "arbitrary and pointless", your words not mine. I was relating your comment about this thread to your life, it had no basis to be said if you felt that way. I don't see why I would PM you about this. 

You are the one who has been playing the sensitivity card man. 

Funny you ask me that, not that I will elaborate on that as this is the internet, but of course it is a very serious topic. But I have to question why you are talking about suicide? No one has said anything about that, you are now fabricating things here. I was to poke fun at you coming in here saying this thread is "arbitrary and pointless", your words not mine. I was relating your comment about this thread to your life, it had no basis to be said if you felt that way. I don't see why I would PM you about this. 

You are the one who has been playing the sensitivity card man. 

That post wasn't quoting you, so no I was not asking you. I wasn't looking for an argument. If you wish to discuss this you can PM me.

EDIT: OK connection is people who are suicidal often state they have no reason for living.  You literally called me pointless and arbitrary and stated my life should be removed.  If I was on the edge that could've pushed me over. My dad recently died a horrible death right in front of me (goto the introduction section I mention it there), if I wasn't ok with things right now that kind of thing could've set off a bout of depression.ou know nothing about anyone when you speak to them first time and you certainly shouldn't assume everyone is ok with such jokes. If I was in a bad place and I chose to completely lose it, I know no one would be happy with that outcome.

PS i'm fine and no i'm not going to do anything like that, still though i'm trying to put things in perspective here.

Edited by Superbuu3

Lol really guys? So I guess I should help clear this up - Rank is based on the average completion of that game in comparison with everyone else who owns that game. So if you go to a game page you will see that middle stat that says "Average Completion", so if you looked at Far Cry 4 you will see that the average completion for that game is 44%. If you had 44% completion in that game you would have a C rank for that game, anything higher than that would be a B or an A, and anything lower than that would be a D or an E based on how far away you are from 44%. An F rank is 0% and an S rank is 100%, those are the only two absolute ranks based on total percent numbers, the rest are ranges based off the average for that game. Ranks are not based on platinum trophies, they are based on game percentages. So, having an S+ rank really would not make sense with how ranks are actually calculated as far as I can tell.

Sorry Mango, I'm just quoting your post because it looks like they are to busy arguing to each others to give a fuck about explanations.

I didn't say you want it, i said that what you want can be obtained only in two way:

1.If Sly leaves the check-mark-requirements as they are now--->he has to change how the % is calculated 'cause the check-mark requires the 100%

2.If Sly changes the check-mark requirements--> he has to considered the %-base-game.

3. Sly doesn't change anything and you'll not have your check mark on your PSN-game.

So why does he have to change the %? The check mark would not be triggered on 100% anymore and would be trophy triggered? 

The + is an add on to the rank, and besides you can remove the check mark and the plat icon with this system.. 

As far as I've seen, not read the entire thread, but it would seem to me they want it to be easier to tell if you've completed the main portion of a game, which is not easy when it comes to PSN games. I kinda like their suggestion about having a special sign of when all the DLCs have been completed, because then you can see that when the main game is not completed.

In any case, I just want to see PSN games I've completed the main portion of the game of (excluding the DLCs). No change to any statistics or how anything is calculated, just a visual difference to tell if a PSN game's main portion has been 100% yet or not, just like the "platinum" trophy icon marks that you've completed the main portion of a game in non-PSN games. Because this is how it already is with games with a platinum, I don't see how anything needs to be changed to do the same with PSN titles.

Edited by MMDE

Now someone has said the check is just 100% in non-plat games, but why not revisit this and have that check act as a plat for those games not worthy of actual plats.

Because no plat, no midway milestone.

I don't see why there should be a milestone on this site for games that didn't earn said milestone in they eyes of Sony.

Changing how things work just because you can't/don't want to get DLCs is a bit selfish.

That post wasn't quoting you, so no I was not asking you. I wasn't looking for an argument. If you wish to discuss this you can PM me.

EDIT: OK connection is people who are suicidal often state they have no reason for living.  You literally called me pointless and arbitrary and stated my life should be removed.  If I was on the edge that could've pushed me over. My dad recently died a horrible death right in front of me (goto the introduction section I mention it there), if I wasn't ok with things right now that kind of thing could've set off a bout of depression.ou know nothing about anyone when you speak to them first time and you certainly shouldn't assume everyone is ok with such jokes. If I was in a bad place and I chose to completely lose it, I know no one would be happy with that outcome.

PS i'm fine and no i'm not going to do anything like that, still though i'm trying to put things in perspective here.

Holy shit man, it mine as well have been me because I told you the same thing before him. I also wanted to thank him because you are being redic. 

I know what suicide is about man, you don't need to talk to me about it. If it did push you over the edge, would have I cared? Doubt it... Why? Because you came in here asking for the fight right from the start, you had nothing good to say, but said it anyway. Funny how your view on it changes when the tables turned. Why are you telling me about your dad dieing, like gtfo already man, it's pathetic. 

Because no plat, no midway milestone.

I don't see why there should be a milestone on this site for games that didn't earn said milestone in they eyes of Sony.

Changing how things work just because you can't/don't want to get DLCs is a bit selfish.

I don't get why you are so closed minded about this just because it is the way it is now. Sony doesn't give you a check mark when you get 100% of a PSN game does it? So why does the site have it then, already says 100%, guess we should remove that. 

I wouldn't call it a milestone, its arguably beating the game and earning all of its trophies. One can argue that they are done with that game. 

Wowzers, lol they've really been chatting it up since the last time I've been here.

Look guys, the ranking system works on the average percent of the game as I explained above, it is not calculated with DLC, platinum trophies, or the base game in mind. Just the average percent for the trophy list. So asking to modify the rankings to introduce a new ranking which would all of a sudden consider all of those things in their calculations simply aren't consistent.

Here's the way I see it:

• platinum_icon.png - This shows that you have a platinum in the game, even if you don't necessarily have all the DLC trophies, it is the factor that is separate from ranks (which are only based on average game percents) that tells you about if you have platinum or not.
  • complete_icon.png - To me, it looks like this is the problem. The way checkmarks should probably function should be similar to the platinum trophy icon, so that you are given a checkmark simply for completing all trophies for the base game list and you don't have to worry about getting DLC in a game with no platinum to get a checkmark. In this case, if you do get all base game trophies and DLC trophies in a game with no platinum, then you would get 100% in that game and an S Rank. If you just have all base game trophies, you'll have a checkmark.
Edited by BlindMango

Holy shit man, it mine as well have been me because I told you the same thing before him. I also wanted to thank him because you are being redic. 

I know what suicide is about man, you don't need to talk to me about it. If it did push you over the edge, would have I cared? Doubt it... Why? Because you came in here asking for the fight right from the start, you had nothing good to say, but said it anyway. Funny how your view on it changes when the tables turned. Why are you telling me about your dad dieing, like gtfo already man, it's pathetic. 

Pretty much showed your true colours there buddy. Also really does highlight how antisocial your behaviour is I don't really see any context where you think people should die or not.

Would also mean you weren't joking because if that kinda thing did happen you'd have not cared either.

So why does he have to change the %? 

the check-mark requires the 100% [Cit.]

The check mark would not be triggered on 100% anymore and would be trophy triggered? 

the system would put the check-mark looking ONLY at your "%Base-game", so it would trigger on 100% of the base-game

Anyway, listen what Blindmango and Doc are saying.

Wowzers, lol they've really been chatting it up since the last time I've been here.

Look guys, the ranking system works on the average percent of the game as I explained above, it is not calculated with DLC, platinum trophies, or the base game in mind. Just the average percent for the trophy list. So asking to modify the rankings to introduce a new ranking which would all of a sudden consider all of those things in their calculations simply aren't consistant.

Here's the way I see it:

• platinum_icon.png - This shows that you have a platinum in the game, even if you don't necessarily have all the DLC, it is the factor that is seperate from ranks (which are only based on average game percents) that tells you about if you have platinum or not.
  • complete_icon.png - To me, it looks like this is the problem. The way checkmarks should probably function should be similar to the platinum trophy icon, so that you are given a checkmark simply for completing all trophies for the base game list and you don't have to worry about getting DLC in a game with no platinum to get a checkmark. In this case, if you do get all base game trophies and DLC trophies in a game with no platinum, then you would get 100% in that game and an S Rank.

I don't see why the % makes my system not work, we are only changing the S rank to mean 100% of the initial trophies and you get a + for 100% of the DLC trophies. The real only thing that could arise would someone could potentially jump from rank C to S because they got a platinum because there are a large amount of DLC trophies. In reality that isn't a big deal, but it's not like I came here with a complete proposal and some final system worked out. Now having said that, doesn't mean you can't play around with how things are dealt and revise something or calculate it a different way. 

Pretty much showed your true colours there buddy. Also really does highlight how antisocial your behaviour is I don't really see any context where you think people should die or not.

Would also mean you weren't joking because if that kinda thing did happen you'd have not cared either.

Did I really show my colors? 

So because I don't care what some random person on the internet does that must have mean I didn't type that thinking I was being snark at you? Cause that is how I felt at that time and I can't imagine anything would change that. Like I said, if you were so close to the edge, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet trying to push someones buttons for no real purpose. 

Edit: I don't have to care because if you did I doubt I would ever know. 

I'm closed minded because I don't want to have an S rank for games where I didn't get the DLCs and S+ for games where I did.

I like my Ss just they way they are.

You do have a lot of them O_O

the check-mark requires the 100% [Cit.]

the system would put the check-mark looking ONLY at your "%Base-game", so it would trigger on 100% of the base-game

Anyway, listen what Blindmango and Doc are saying.

So it's impossible to make the check-mark look at something else? I don't get that logic. Anyway as I said you can literally remove the check-mark anyway as this is contained in the rank. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

Linsickel, i think you should "make do with what you have" (is that the proverb?). The S and the check-mark are two different things, and Blindmango has offered to you the possibillity to make that mark works as the plat-icon does.

So it's impossible to make the check-mark look at something else? I don't get that logic. Anyway as I said you can literally remove the check-mark anyway as this is contained in the rank. 

That's the mistake.

Edited by alebrego