Add new rank of trophy completion [S+]

I don't see why the % makes my system not work, we are only changing the S rank to mean 100% of the initial trophies and you get a + for 100% of the DLC trophies. The real only thing that could arise would someone could potentially jump from rank C to S because they got a platinum because there are a large amount of DLC trophies. In reality that isn't a big deal, but it's not like I came here with a complete proposal and some final system worked out. Now having said that, doesn't mean you can't play around with how things are dealt and revise something or calculate it a different way.

Ok, now pay attention here.

Having S for 100% means that it's the only, single, fixed rank for when you have trophies in that game.

If you put S for completing the base game and S+ for 100% it means you have 2 fixed ranks.

This means that every possible permutation of progress where you have earned some (keyword being some) DLC trophies can't be ranked consistently.

What if I get DLCs trophies before finishing the main game trophies?

What if I get ALL DLCs trophies before the main game?

What happens if I get some trophies in the DLCs after getting all main game's? Do I stay S until I have 100%? Do I get S+ as soon as I get my first DLC trophy? Do we introduce an S++ for 100% and keep S+ for in between S and S++?

Edited by DocDoomII

You do know at a point in this thread when some stuff was pointed out to me I stated we should just make the checkmark 100% main game for non-plats so it is like one, and I said how the color was a good alternate idea to it. 

Linsickel, i think you should "make do with what you have" (is that the proverb?). The S and the check-mark are two different things, and Blindmango has offered to you the possibillity to make that mark works as the plat-icon does.

That's the mistake.

So explain to me why the check mark now becoming a "fake plat" is a problem?

Ok, now pay attention here.

Having S for 100% means that it's the only, single, fixed rank for when you have trophies in that game.

If you put S for completing the base game and S+ for 100% it means you have 2 fixed ranks.

This means that every possible permutation of progress where you have earned some (keyword being some) DLC trophies can't be ranked consistently.

What if I get DLCs trophies before finishing the main game trophies?

(A+, B+ ETC)(Nothing you just have your A, B, C ETC that you are on)

What if I get ALL DLCs trophies before the main game?

(Again E+. D+ ETC)

What happens if I get some trophies in the DLCs after getting all main game? Do I stay S until I have 100? Do I get S+ as soon as I get my first DLC trophy? Do we introduce an S++ for 100% and keep S+ for in between S and S++?

(You get an + added to your S when you get all the DLC trophies)

I explained this like eight times today, its all there. Only thing as I just said is you could skip from rank D to S on a game like drive club because there is going to be more DLC trophies than main game ones.

Completion rates being discussed yet again? It's fine as it is.

No, we are not discussing that. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

So explain to me why the check mark now becoming a "fake plat" is a problem?

oh my... I and Blindmango said that the check-mark could be treated just like a plat!! But that doesn't mean that you'll have an S-rank, as you don't have an S-rank, if you plat a game with DLCs.

Maybe it's my bad english, or what?

oh my... I and Blindmango said that the check-mark could be treated just like a plat!! But that doesn't mean that you'll have an S-rank, as you don't have an S-rank, if you plat a game with DLCs.

Maybe it's my bad english, or what?

If you read, I explained that the rank of S would be revised form 100% to 100% of main game trophies a few times now. 

I don't see why the % makes my system not work, we are only changing the S rank to mean 100% of the initial trophies and you get a + for 100% of the DLC trophies. The real only thing that could arise would someone could potentially jump from rank C to S because they got a platinum because there are a large amount of DLC trophies. In reality that isn't a big deal, but it's not like I came here with a complete proposal and some final system worked out. Now having said that, doesn't mean you can't play around with how things are dealt and revise something or calculate it a different way. 

I guess I'm just trying to point out that ranks are simply indicators of your average percentage of the game, and aren't really used to gauge anything about DLC or platinums, or base game trophies, and so on. They are just letters that represent average completion for that one game. Adding a new letter into it that mix with the specifics you're asking for isn't consistent with how the other letters on the scale work and wouldn't make much sense as far as the rankings go. That's why so many people are confused and disagree with what you're proposing, because you're proposing something that isn't consistent with the rest of the ranks and is ultimately unnecessary because platinum_icon.png covers a platinum with non-completed DLC already. The checkmark system could probably be looked over though as I pointed out above.

Additionally, I suppose it does suck to see when a game gets DLC and your S rank drops, but you will most likely still have an A Rank which is still well above average, and ultimately you shouldn't get too hung up on a blue "S" switching over to a green "A" as it's simply a visual indicator of your percent in the game related to the average. If you want it to go back to an S and get the list to 100%, then you'll have to get those DLC trophies.

This is the only reason why I stop myself from playing that little robot spy game which is brutal and I forget the name. I won't buy DLC to 100% it, but it would look ugly if I had only 63% of the trophies. I'm highly against DLC, I just bought Escape Plan and Fat Princess DLCs because I didn't want to finish a game and my list showed it like "job not yet done". It sucks.

I explained this like eight times today, its all there. Only thing as I just said is you could skip from rank D to S on a game like drive club because there is going to be more DLC trophies than main game ones.

At the moment it works on average completion. The average completion stat accounts for DLC trophies already.

Putting a + next to every rank means that you have to change the stat used to establish them to not account for DLC and just put a generic + next to the rank letter.

This goes back to a series of 4 threads about average completion and rarity that got locket the other week. This is going to end up the same.

If you read, I explained that the rank of S would be revised form 100% to 100% of main game trophies a few times now. 

My answer:

At the moment it works on average completion. The average completion stat accounts for DLC trophies already.

Putting a + next to every rank means that you have to change the stat used to establish them to not account for DLC and just put a generic + next to the rank letter.

This goes back to a series of 4 threads about average completion and rarity that got locket the other week. This is going to end up the same.

I guess I'm just trying to point out that ranks are simply indicators of your average percentage of the game, and aren't really used to gauge anything about DLC or platinums, or base game trophies, and so on. They are just letters that represent average completion for that one game. Adding a new letter into it that mix with the specifics you're asking for isn't consistent with how the other letters on the scale work and wouldn't make much sense as far as the rankings go. That's why so many people are confused and disagree with what you're proposing, because you're proposing something that isn't consistent with the rest of the ranks and is ultimately unnecessary because platinum_icon.png covers a platinum with non-completed DLC already. The checkmark system could probably be looked over though as I pointed out above.

Additionally, I suppose it does suck to see when a game gets DLC and your S rank drops, but you will most likely still have an A Rank which is still well above average, and ultimately you shouldn't get too hung up on a blue "S" switching over to a green "A" as it's simply a visual indicator of your percent in the game related to the average. If you want it to go back to an S and get the list to 100%, then you'll have to get those DLC trophies.

I have understood this for a while man. When I initially proposed was a small idea I had that was fairly oddly received and even attacked a little. Anyway as it went on it was told me to the real problem was that the check-mark doesn't work like a plat icon does, which I think should be changed for consistency. So I kinda switched and that is what I would want, but as you say maybe people were confused and kept asking so it developed more and more and people asked more and here we are when really what I rather see is the check-mark working like the plat. Now this is a suggestion forum and that's what I came here with, a suggestion. 

It really isn't adding a new letter, its adding a modifier to the current ranks. As I said it could end up real weird on games with large amount of DLC trophies because a plat auto takes you up to rank S. Although I guess people seem to really care how rare their trophies are. 

It still could be possible to work it out somehow, I never said we should remove the DLC trophies from the % (hence why you could jump from C to S if large amounts of DLC trophies are present you don't have and you plat the game), you have to change what S rank means to get it to work. I can't say I would have even been around for those threads, I obviously haven't been on here for long. 

That's the way a PSN-base-game completed could be:

PNRULLn.png

Rank A is a proper rank, imho.

Pretty much this - The only odd effect with this could be with episodic games like The Walking Dead: Season 2, where if you just complete the first episode you'd get a checkmark.  :dunno:  Haha, besides that it makes sense though. Thanks TellTale :P

That's the way a PSN-base-game completed could be:

PNRULLn.png

Rank A is a proper rank, imho.

Yes, this I am all for. 

Pretty much this - The only odd effect with this could be with episodic games like The Walking Dead: Season 2, where if you just complete the first episode you'd get a checkmark.  :dunno:  Haha, besides that it makes sense though. Thanks TellTale :P

The seasons of those games are listed like DLC trophies? 

Edit: Or the seasons are like DLC? (I don't have any of those games)

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

The seasons of those games are listed like DLC trophies? 

Edit: Or the seasons are like DLC? (I don't have any of those games)

The second season of the game is treated like a game but with no platinum trophy, so the "base game" is "episode 1" and episodes 2 - 5 are all pieces of DLC.

The first season has a platinum trophy though, so it's weird how they just changed their minds and decided to do this odd layout for season 2. lol

Most of TellTales have full trophy lists since episode 1. Just TWD Season 2 is a modular DLC list.

Yes, but until the "The Walking Dead:Season 2" owners are more than DLCs-owners, i think it's almost fair.

It's just lame that the original game wasn't "completed", i suppose.

OT: Why there are two version of PS3-TWD:S2 on psnp:one with 37bronze trophies and another one with 30?

Edited by alebrego

The second season of the game is treated like a game but with no platinum trophy, so the "base game" is "episode 1" and episodes 2 - 5 are all pieces of DLC.

The first season has a platinum trophy though, so it's weird how they just changed their minds and decided to do this odd layout for season 2. lol

That's random. I have wondered if those games are any good. 

Yes, but until the "The Walking Dead:Season 2" owners are more than DLCs-owners, i think it's almost fair.

It's just lame that the original game wasn't "completed", i suppose.

Yeah, I guess it's actually that that bad, I think I'm just thinking of it as a television-like episodic thing too much rather than what it is (A non-platinum game with 4 DLC episodes)

That's random. I have wondered if those games are any good.

Yup, they're very good!

Edited by BlindMango

Since you are asking for a + for each rank, the meaning of S is of no consequence anymore for this conversation.

It is though, and it does work. As I said there is a tad bug where you can jump ranks because of how it is laid out, but if it was worked on something can be figured out to make it work smoothly. Eitherway I am not even trying to argue its a good idea, but you are just too concrete sounding to not say something that is 100% possible to do. 

Just because it works doesn't mean it works perfect.