Invading a Homeworld? Post here

MafiaBrett

Update 5/29/15, I wont be updating the title anymore as I'm moving onto other games and I barely play this once a week anymore.

Anyone else who is still playing and wants to give heads up for other players go ahead and post in this thread.

Just a reminder, the community needs to WIN the event for the 2 trophy requirements to pop and Invasions have a 48 hour time limit.

PATCH 1.04 UPDATE - Includes fix to trophy glitches

While Patch 1.04 is not quite out yet, we thought we’d give you an update about some of the best things it will feature.

There will of course be an updated complete set of patch notes as the patch goes live.

We don’t know exactly when it will be out, as it will need to be approved in the QA process, but it shouldn’t be too long now!

Highlights:

• DLC Packs (entitlements) can now be shared with local users.
  • Further improved cross-friends discoverability.
  • Fix for receiving missing trophies from participating in the last war.
  • People you have played with will show up in ‘recent players met’.
  • Improved colourblind support.
  • A multitude of fixes for community reported bugs.

Balancing:

• Rebalanced Illuminate.
  • Rebalanced several stratagems.
  • Increased available number of Commends and Reports.

"Peace and prosperity reigns again"

This might possibly glitch on some users. As it did a few of us, and others have earned it. At the moment not quite sure what determined the glitch. So we need feedback if you earned it or not after the wars end. For me personally, after sitting at recap screen for a min, then after watching the final cutscene/credits I ended up getting a blue error screen. After trying to get back on the game I kept getting error screens maybe 2-3 times before finally able to get back in. That might have been at least one issue to cause the glitch.

This is the official response by Arrowhead/Sony about the situation

"Spreading Managed Democracy"

This post is precautionary, incase the event ever bugs/glitches out like it did against the Bugs the first time (Influence bar not moving, 2 events spawn at same time/back to back).
The event seemed to go smoothly with other invasions, only saw a few isolated reports about the trophy not popping right away and many of us were able to get it while not being logged on. But just in case you want to be extra safe then read on.

Well depending on how the Cyborgs go, if the same problem persists I will update the trophy guide about it being officially glitched until further notice/patch. 

In the meantime the next homeworld invasion I suggest doing the following to all players who haven't got Spreading Managed Democracy yet.

• Play at least 1 mission from the very start, Solo difficulty level 3 as a host.
  • When the event is almost over (either influence bar close to top or 48 hr time limit almost done) make sure you keep your console on if you don't think you'll be able to be around for it.
  • Finally in case it happens again where technically 2 events spawn, if you're able to make sure to do the 2nd one before it disappears!

That should pretty much cover all the claims about why the trophy did not pop for them. If you did all 3 of the above for the next invasion and trophy still doesn't pop then tell me!

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 4

I wasnt home when this happened, damn it...

The defense wasn't successful, so nobody got the trophy (last night).

And as for the assault, the bugs meter filled up.  That just gave us control of a new sector, it seems like it needs to be filled a few more times.  As in, once we have control of all the bug sectors, then the assault begins on the bug home world.  God its going to suck if one misses that assault lol (I know it'll happen again but still).

Edited by Twoapplesnbanana

I'm thinking the Spreading Democracy trophy might be the final step in the war, and we have to wait till take control of all regions towards the enemy homeworld, not only that but you as a player need to be part of the final assault and do one of the missions then hope it turns out to be successful and not a failure... So a assault that only happens every few weeks, only a 4 hour time limit (We don't know maybe its longer than the defence alerts)

So yeah talk about being on at the right time and playing the waiting game haha.

Edited by MafiaBrett

• 2 weeks later...

The developers probably need to tweak the influence bar a bit on the Invasions of homeworlds, I remember when the game first came when the regional influence bars didn't move at all in the first 2 days. It had something to do with the press/test group numbers, and taking a guess at how good the actual buyers/community does compared to that. Basically they overestimated us and thought we would do extremely good and probably expected more sales so they set the expectations and influence limit too high. They already fixed the region/defense bars, guess they forgot to do the homeworld invasion bar. 

Like for example they have to put all this into account

• 4000 players = 1000 groups, possibly higher or lower depending on time of day
  • Then split it into what difficulties they play 3, 6, 9, or 12.
  • Guesstimate on average how often we get 0/1/2/3 stars for total amount of Influence
  • Approximate mission time average around 15-20 mins for your casual non experts.

In the end to be 'successful' we need to do better than average if we want to win.

That's a lot to calculate, they don't want it being easy for us but of course it shouldn't be impossible either.

Now to wonder what happens when we fail this invasion, send us back 1 region and have to refill the bar again? That's my guess.

Edited by MafiaBrett

This trophy is kind of glitchy.... i think you have to online and playing while winning, because i once did an 4hours invading mission for the trophy "Defender of Humanity" and i had to go like 1 hours before it end (i did a lot of mission for 2 hours) and it said we won when i came back a few hours later and the trophy didn't pop, but my friend who stayed the last 1 hour did have the trophy...

• Like 1

The developers probably need to tweak the influence bar a bit on the Invasions of homeworlds, I remember when the game first came when the regional influence bars didn't move at all in the first 2 days. It had something to do with the press/test group numbers, and taking a guess at how good the actual buyers/community does compared to that. Basically they overestimated us and thought we would do extremely good and probably expected more sales so they set the expectations and influence limit too high. They already fixed the region/defense bars, guess they forgot to do the homeworld invasion bar.

I started the event right when it began and I've been doing like 30 missions on level 12, average event points earned were between 8 to 12. My guess is they "forgot" to fix the invasion bar. I'm pretty sure we should be ahead of the time limit. If they fix the bar but not giving us the missing event points, I will give up the game and too bad if we don't make it.

I'm a trophy hunter but there are limits of treating us like idiots.

Does anyone got the trophy ? The bug world is conquired and I did a lot of missions as host but no trophy today ... :(

My friends and I got it, my guess is (and I think I saw somewhere else as well) you need to be here when the event ends. You can still catch up with the 2 other homeworlds.

Yeah, that was weird. i was doing a final mission before the timer ended and when coming back from the mission, the timer restarted..! After doing a mission again, the BUG homeworld was dominated..

I don't think that's the problem just yet. I was online, but afk, didn't get the trophy. The press/test group were able to unlock the trophy logging in days after their event happen, just look at IGN's Greg.

First you said the timer restarted, basically the event was happening again. "After doing a mission again" was it the event mission? If so, that's why you got the trophy and anyone else did.

Stupid mistake on the game/developers, the trophy only unlocked for the people doing it on the restart but then the event ended almost immediately after starting causing only a select few people to get it.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1

guys...a small help...

If i called down a weapon like MG 94 and equip it, how do I go back to my default primary f (e.g. liberator)..I usually exhaust my ammo and keep running around like a fool...not knowing how to get back to my default main weapon. Triangle button only equips my sidearm...

guys...a small help...

If i called down a weapon like MG 94 and equip it, how do I go back to my default primary f (e.g. liberator)..I usually exhaust my ammo and keep running around like a fool...not knowing how to get back to my default main weapon. Triangle button only equips my sidearm...

Tap the  :triangle:. Don't hold it, as it will switch to the secondary weapon.

Dev said on reddit that apparently it spawned two events at the same time and that's why the bar never moved. We all contributed to the one event but we saw the progress bar for the second. If the trophy unlocked for anyone it must have been a very small number. I saw people saying the took part in the second event that showed after the first one ended and still didn't get the trophy. I was logged in when both events ended and did not get the trophy. Really not looking forward to waiting another 3-4 weeks to finish this platinum off. 

Well depending on how the Cyborgs go, if the same problem persists I will update the trophy guide about it being officially glitched until further notice/patch. 

In the meantime the next homeworld invasion I suggest doing the following to all players who haven't got Spreading Managed Democracy yet.

• Play at least 1 mission from the very start, Solo difficulty level 3 as a host.
  • When the event is almost over (either influence bar close to top or 48 hr time limit almost done) make sure you keep your console on if you don't think you'll be able to be around for it.
  • Finally in case it happens again where technically 2 events spawn, if you're able to make sure to do the 2nd one before it disappears!

That should pretty much cover all the claims about why the trophy did not pop for them. If you did all 3 of the above for the next invasion and trophy still doesn't pop then tell me!

Edited by MafiaBrett