DMC 4 Special Edition releases Summer 2015 & Vergil makes his first in-game appearance

Not a PS4 owner but I've been waiting for a DMC4 game with trophies forever. About the whole Vergil thing, I think it will only tell us how Vergil is either Nero's father or how he became trapped inside Yamato. I doubt his story is parallel to that of Dante/Nero.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be late with this:

A Look At Vergil’s Concentration Style In Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

002.jpg032_thumb.jpg

Vergil will be a new playable character in Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, alongside Lady and Trish. Capcom have shared a look and some details on Vergil using his new Concentration abilities.

As far as controls go, Vergil will feel pretty familiar to play as, but he’ll have an additional new combat style called “Concentration” and also his Devil Trigger mode. He fights using various swords and teleportation moves as his new and evolved form.

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg006.jpg

The above image on the top shows Vergil’s Devil Trigger form, Devil Trigger Vergil has an increase in attack, speed, and health recover among other effects. To the bottom is a look at the Beowulf Devil Trigger, both forms give him a vast increase in power.

To activate the Devil Trigger, you’ll need to fill up the Devil Trigger Meter by hitting opponents or taking hits. Once the meter fills up over three times, he can unlock the ability.

009.jpg

010.jpg

He also has the Devil Trigger Stinger, which adds the number of hits and damage. It can be further enhanced to give it more reach, number of hits, and damage as well.

011.jpg

Vergil’s Beowulf Devil Trigger enhances other moves as well. The kicking move has a faster spin to go with more hits and power. After hitting them, you can also link it with another attack. The higher you increase its level, the more its spin rate increases, along with its hits and power.

012.jpg

Vergil’s fighting style features his quickdraw abilities. The new “Concentration” style pushes that even further, as he can increase his Focus Meter to pull off even more powerful attacks than ever.

013.jpg

The Focus Meter can be seen on the top-left of the screen in blue. It’s split into three levels, and the higher it is, the stronger his attacks become. By hitting enemies, dodging attacks, the meter will increase.

014.jpg

However, if you take hits or start running, it will slowly decrease the meter, so you’ll need to rely on evading attacks while rushing down enemies.

015.jpg

Below you can see the difference between the divergent Concentration attacks. From Concentration Meter Lv. 0, to Lv. 1, and Lv. 2. Each increase of level in the meter adds more damage and hits. There are also some moves you can’t use unless you’re at a Lv. 2 meter.

016.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg

Here’s a look at some more of Vergil’s moves and his tools.

Yamato:

034.jpg

019.jpg020.jpg

Beowulf:

035.jpg

021.jpg022.jpg

Force Edge:

036.jpg

023.jpg024.jpg

Summoned Swords:

028.jpg

025.jpg026.jpg

027.jpg

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition will release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

joke that dmc4 never had all of this before on ps3 and 360, and don't give me that whole ball crap about oh ps3 and 360 never had the power to add 4 outfits and play styles, we played dmc2 on ps2 and we had 3 play styles and other outfits this is to me just a fast cash grab from Capcom to get fans to buy things that should of been in the game in the first place, this just pisses me off how we got to go and buy the same game again with but with new add stuff in it and just pull out the good old card called can't do it on old hardware but on ps4 or xbox one we can, and yes it looks good but who cares about what it looks like it looks good how it was on ps3/360 just pisses me off.

Edited by KANERKB

• 4 weeks later...

Second DMC4 SE Trailer is up

-Video snip-

A lot of what's already been shown so far, but with more costumes and slightly more screen time for Lady and Trish

I saw glimpses of a Sparda and Corrupt Vergil costume, so I'm glad they put those in.

Aside from the release date being June 23, the prices are:

1. $24.99 in North America

2. £19.99 in the U.K.

3. €24.99 in Europe

I'm surprised it's cheaper in $(I expected $30), and yes we get it! UK & Europe have to pay more(since, I know someone is gonna quote me on that).

Anyway here's the PSN(NA) Digital Pre-Order page:

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Feel free to post the pre-order links to the other 2 regions(UK & Europe) if you're able to obtain the links(since I don't know them).

Edited by DarknessKey92