Finders keepers (trophy)

Mr_Freaker

I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough, without using a guide.

This trophy seems to be really annoying, but I haven't actively started reaching for it.

However, is it safe to assume that if yoy finish the story missions and the city with all loot and collectibles (don't know about letters) the trophy should pop? Since most areas either contain loot or a collectible.

Not all secret areas contain collectibles.

There are MANY secret areas. I forget the exact breakdown though, so I can't give you a chapter listing. Without a guide, you're just going to have to replay ALL chapters while searching every nook and crany for hidden areas, as well as the main city.

Side quests don't have secret areas.

EDIT: The ps4 trophy tip has a break down

Edited by Monk746

There's 73 secret hidden areas, more than half of which are in the City.  The trophy guide I'm following lists this as the trophy that will be the difference in whether or not you get the platinum.  I'm only on Chapter 4, but I've done more than half of the Basso jobs, as well as explored the city for hours, and I'm pretty sure that when it's all said and done, I will be following a video walkthrough for this trophy.  I've accidentally stumbled onto some secret areas that are so well hidden, I wouldn't have found them even if I was looking for them and knew exactly where to look.  Others are painfully obvious, but I'm sure there's at least a handful you'll overlook 100 times without a guide.  If you really don't want to use a guide, good luck!  Cause these areas are spread out through most chapters and the city, and there's no way to keep track of which ones you've found, and the Companion App only tells you the total number you've found, which helps very little.

• 1 month later...

There's 73 secret hidden areas, more than half of which are in the City.  The trophy guide I'm following lists this as the trophy that will be the difference in whether or not you get the platinum.  I'm only on Chapter 4, but I've done more than half of the Basso jobs, as well as explored the city for hours, and I'm pretty sure that when it's all said and done, I will be following a video walkthrough for this trophy.  I've accidentally stumbled onto some secret areas that are so well hidden, I wouldn't have found them even if I was looking for them and knew exactly where to look.  Others are painfully obvious, but I'm sure there's at least a handful you'll overlook 100 times without a guide.  If you really don't want to use a guide, good luck!  Cause these areas are spread out through most chapters and the city, and there's no way to keep track of which ones you've found, and the Companion App only tells you the total number you've found, which helps very little.

I'm stuck with this trophy, I've replayed all chapters twice following PowerPix guide just going onto secret places but the trophy didn't pop!

I've read that if you die you need to recap all secret places (if you didn't a manual save), is it real? Is the same in The City?

Yes, dying sends you back to a checkpoint and all secret areas found since that checkpoint must be found again.  It's exceptionally frustrating, and I consider myself lucky I got the trophy.  I did methodically check off each one, and when I died, I went back and re-checked each secret area.  It was definitely a pain in the ass.  I really enjoyed this game, but damn, such a horrible trophy.  If they at least included a stats page that listed the number of secret areas found per area, it would have been tolerable.  These are the types of trophies that ruin good games, especially when the rest of the trophy list is pretty easy.  Even the Master/Custom difficulty run was pretty straight forward, this trophy just sucked.

• Like 1

If they at least included a stats page that listed the number of secret areas found per area, it would have been tolerable.

There's an App for that :lol:  It lets you link your SE account and track how many secret areas you have found. It doesn't list the zones, but it gives you a total at least.. so you can keep checking it to know if you got them all after each level. The video guide posted in the trophy guide is excellent, if you follow it you won't have any trouble at all.. I guess the app is just to really make sure, it's only a couple bucks. It also shows you accurate numbers for the level challenges. Be sure to get the collectible items from the levels while you're there also.

And yeah just to second, if you do die after finding a secret area but before reaching a check point, you need to get that secret area again.

Yes, dying sends you back to a checkpoint and all secret areas found since that checkpoint must be found again.  It's exceptionally frustrating, and I consider myself lucky I got the trophy.  I did methodically check off each one, and when I died, I went back and re-checked each secret area.  It was definitely a pain in the ass.  I really enjoyed this game, but damn, such a horrible trophy.  If they at least included a stats page that listed the number of secret areas found per area, it would have been tolerable.  These are the types of trophies that ruin good games, especially when the rest of the trophy list is pretty easy.  Even the Master/Custom difficulty run was pretty straight forward, this trophy just sucked.

I got it! Always has a place you could miss! My was in The City a room with a point to throw a rope that I haven't seen for the first time.
I like so much this game but the map system sucks very much too.
I'm running for the difficult trophies now.
Regards.
  • Like 1

...and the Companion App only tells you the total number you've found, which helps very little.

There's an App for that :lol:  It lets you link your SE account and track how many secret areas you have found.

Cool story bro, glad you're telling me something I said in this very thread over a month ago.  I made a point of saying I wish there was a stats page (free, unlike the app) in the game that listed found hidden areas by location (since nothing available does that).

Cool story bro, glad you're telling me something I said in this very thread over a month ago.  I made a point of saying I wish there was a stats page (free, unlike the app) in the game that listed found hidden areas by location (since nothing available does that).

Oh, I did not read your paragraphs of text to notice the tiny sentence about the very helpful app. Just the most recent post. What are you on about? Get out of here with that. Trying to bring down the helpful atmosphere around this place. I simply provided some links, and confirm for dying and re-finding secret areas.