Online Petition for MW2 reaches over 100,000 signatures

(if this is in the wrong forum, then I do apologize)

But, what do y'all think about this?

A petition online for a remastered version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has now surpassed 100,000 signatures.

Australian fan Ramez Zahra began the petition a week ago, saying in the petition description that he believes Modern Warfare 2 was one of Activision's best games. "Just a fun and enjoyable game," Zahra wrote.

He's not alone is his love for MW2. As of this writing, the total number of people who've signed the petition is sitting just below 110,000, putting it just 40,000 signatures short of its goal.

In our 2009 review of Modern Warfare 2, we gave the game a 9.5, saying it's one of the "best first person shooters out there."

The game initially gained notoriety for its controversial "No Russian" mission, with rumors the game was banned in Russia surfacing. Those rumors were denied by Activision.

We reached out to Activision for comment on this petition, but it's important to note that petitions of this sort pop up constantly on change.org. There's one petition to port Call of Duty: Black Ops II to Xbox One and PS4, and a petition to "let people with less than 6GB of RAM play Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC." Even if this one succeeds in getting the required signatures, it doesn't really mean anything more than "150,000 people agreed that this would be pretty cool." Which, to be fair, it would probably be.

Think it'll be a good idea? Let's hear it!

• Like 3

I would love to have MW2 again on ps4 but sadly call of duty comes out annually so it will be so difficult to launch a collection edition.

MW2 is by far the best call of duty out there and I really hope they will release a ps4 version. I hope this petition works out.

I would love to have MW2 again on ps4 but sadly call of duty comes out annually so it will be so difficult to launch a collection edition.

MW2 is by far the best call of duty out there and I really hope they will release a ps4 version. I hope this petition works out.

Well, it could. You never know. I know that Treyarch is releasing a new COD game this year. So when its Activision's year to release one, they "could" released a MW collection in the summer of that year. That way, it'll gain steam for the new one Activision comes out with.

• Like 1

I signed this petition on the weekend and in my opinion (along with my cousin) it was the most fun we'd ever had on a video game. Period. 

I wouldn't mind if they removed noobtubes or one man army like many other people. It was broken, but that made it fun. a few glitches like shooting a suppressed M240 still shows on the minimap and the netcode for PC should be fixed but that is all. I couldn't care less if someone got a 32 second nuke with noobtubes and one man army. I would STILL play MW2 on PS3 if I could find a lobby but unfortunately, if I play MW2, I get placed with Germans or other Europeans and lag to balls.

So if a MW trilogy with or without trophies came out, Activision shut up and take my money.

EDIT: Don't re-sell us the DLC! Keep the DLC in the re-master. Except the MW3, if you don't ever release that, that's all good with me. I hated those multiplayer DLC maps. :)

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 2

I don't quite get how Call Of Duty gets so much shit for basically recycling the same game every year, yet the fans are now honestly asking for Call Of Duty to literally recycle the same game.

[controversial opinion: off]

Edited by HappyKastanie
  • Like 1

This is pretty sad in my opinion.

I mean, is the current state of gaming really so bad that people are actually begging for ports of games that are still readily available? I would get it if it was a PS2 or PS1 game, or if the servers had been down for a while, or something like that, but anyone can easily still buy and play this game. It's not hard to find, the servers are still up, and there's still support for the systems the game is on. 

Nah the multiplayer is full with hackers and modders ruining your game.

• Like 4

You guys are all in for new remasters ( tlou, dmc, sleepinfg dogs, tomb raider ETC), someone ,110k actually, ask for a remaster of Call of Duty and you all lose your minds with this "nonsense".

Call of duty is the best selling franchise on the ps3, period.

All this hate for CoD is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 1

This is pretty sad in my opinion.

I mean, is the current state of gaming really so bad that people are actually begging for ports of games that are still readily available? I would get it if it was a PS2 or PS1 game, or if the servers had been down for a while, or something like that, but anyone can easily still buy and play this game. It's not hard to find, the servers are still up, and there's still support for the systems the game is on. 

Ports are awesome if persona 4 is in the collection

More games available on more platforms is not a bad thing. 

I think MW2 was the last CoD I actually enjoyed. But I have a PS3 so would just pick it up there if I wanted to play it again. The only improvement that would matter would perhaps be 60fps you might be able to get on PS4.

I doubt it'll happen though. 

Nah the multiplayer is full with hackers and modders ruining your game.

But wouldn't telling Activision to fix their shit and do something about the issue be the more obvious solution instead of paying 60$ all over again?

I know they wouldn't do it but still.

But wouldn't telling Activision to fix their shit and do something about the issue be the more obvious solution instead of paying 60$ all over again?

I know they wouldn't do it but still.

They stopped caring about mw2 multiplayer when mw3 came out same with mw3 when ghost came out. But im like 90% sure they wont make a port or fix the multiplayer shit.

And they'll suddenly disappear if they port the game? No, they won't.

Well probably not forever but there are no hackers on the PS4 yet, so it will stay nice for quite some time atleast.

Three reasons why i think this is bad:

The original Servers for MW2 are supported still and have active communities. A remasster would most likely cause them to shut older servers for the PS3/360/PC versions.

It incourages milking of the consumer. As if an anual release is not enough? This could help worsen the trend of lazy ports and remasters as a higher amount are simply cash grabs year after year. This could endanger the market by saturating it as we get enough HD/Remasters already imo.

Discourages francise evolution. Say what you want but the COD francise has done little to do differentiate itself from each entry in recent years. Part of what is fun in COD is that its a very easy to pick up and play twitch shooter and as far as im concerned you can get that in the original version, just like any COD with local multiplayer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So everyone has forgotten what an absolute mess this game was for months? The glitches, the exploits, the incessant whining. This is the game that started the rancid online community that is now associated with CoD. People were just terrible to each other during this game. Plus all the fun was sucked out of it due to the endless nerfing. The 1887 needed nerfing as you could snipe with it. And it got it. But then people kept complaining about other 'OP' weapons when in reality, it was their own damn fault they were getting killed. No tact, no planning, just running around blindly. How is that fun?