Online Petition for MW2 reaches over 100,000 signatures

I say, if they want to remaster MW2, go ahead and do it. HOWEVER, I do think the following needs to be done:

-Fix up the MP, so that it's not cheap (readjust the grenade launcher's blast radius or power, replace or readjust Commando Pro, and FIX UP THOSE DAMN SNIPERS)

-Release all of the DLC on disc

-Put in infected (fucking loved that mode in MW3) and kill confirmed

-Continue the story after the last level with a "slightly redone" MW3 story. That cliffhanger ending....please, just don't do that anymore. There were many things done right with the MW3 campaign. Just take the levels, take out the bad parts (if you're going to kill off Soap, kill him off in a better way or just don't kill him off at all. We all enjoyed playing as Soap).

-Keep Spec Ops. We need the difficulty.

-Include and improve Survival mode. It was quite decent in MW3 and Sledgehammer made it a lot better in Advanced Warfare.

Another thing to keep in mind is this: if they plan the entire trilogy in one collection, give us a CoD4 trophy list, but keep it as it was on the 360, don't add any new ones.

I'd love a remaster since Modern Warfare 2 was pretty flawless. Let the COD haters keep hating, the series is a ton of fun.

100% agree with this, MW2 wouldn't be my 1st choice for a PS4 remaster id put black ops 2 and cod4 at the top but at the end of the day COD is COD and id be happy with any remaster.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, it could. You never know. I know that Treyarch is releasing a new COD game this year. So when its Activision's year to release one, they "could" released a MW collection in the summer of that year. That way, it'll gain steam for the new one Activision comes out with.

This is an insanely late reply because I'm only just seeing this, but Activison don't make the games. Activison publish/distribute every COD every year. The creators of the MW series are Infinity Ward, but it's their year next year so hopefully we'll see something like this.

Also Activision recently ported the prototype games over to current-gen very quickly and stealthily without even remastering them, so that gives me hope that they could do something similar.

Edited by Akira-chan

They make so much money making a new game regularly already, which is why I don't see them doing this. I'd play it if they made it again, not for full price though, I'd wait for a drop. I remember when this game first released all my friends were talking about it, I couldn't though because I had no broadband at the time, so no PSN access, so I'd like to see what the fuss was about. I wouldn't lose any sleep though over this not being made, which is most likely.

Kinda fed up of the 'But all CoD is, is copy and paste every year' :facepalm: . No, no it's not, think about what you're saying. Compare MW2 with, I don't know, Black ops 2, them both being an FPS does not make it copy and paste games by the way. 

• Like 1

This is an insanely late reply because I'm only just seeing this, but Activison don't make the games. Activison publish/distribute every COD every year. The creators of the MW series are Infinity Ward, but it's their year next year so hopefully we'll see something like this.

Also Activision recently ported the prototype games over to current-gen very quickly and stealthily without even remastering them, so that gives me hope that they could do something similar.

I get what you're saying. And I agree. I will add that Infinity Ward came out and said they would love to remaster the MW series, but they don't want to take people away from their new COD game they're working on. But anything's possible.

• Like 1

A petition online for a remastered version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has now surpassed 100,000 signatures.

Australian fan Ramez Zahra began the petition a week ago, saying in the petition description that he believes Modern Warfare 2 was one of Activision's best games. "Just a fun and enjoyable game," Zahra wrote.

He's not alone is his love for MW2. As of this writing, the total number of people who've signed the petition is sitting just below 110,000, putting it just 40,000 signatures short of its goal.

In our 2009 review of Modern Warfare 2, we gave the game a 9.5, saying it's one of the "best first person shooters out there."

The game initially gained notoriety for its controversial "No Russian" mission, with rumors the game was banned in Russia surfacing. Those rumors were denied by Activision.

We reached out to Activision for comment on this petition, but it's important to note that petitions of this sort pop up constantly on change.org. There's one petition to port Call of Duty: Black Ops II to Xbox One and PS4, and a petition to "let people with less than 6GB of RAM play Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC." Even if this one succeeds in getting the required signatures, it doesn't really mean anything more than "150,000 people agreed that this would be pretty cool." Which, to be fair, it would probably be.

Lol i'm sorry, but I couldn't hold my laughter after I read the bolded sentences. "One of the best first person shooters out there"? Umm, is there anyone that actually agrees with this?

Edited by GarciaFever

Lol i'm sorry, but I couldn't hold my laughter after I read the bolded sentences. "One of the best first person shooters out there"? Umm, is there anyone that actually agrees with this?

Bare in mind that was a quote from a review that came out in 2009, many shooters have been released since then

• Like 1

Last time I played MW2 I couldn't play a single decent Search and Destroy game, it was full of trickshooters hate-mailing me  for not using a Sniper, yeah the servers are still up and the community is still active, if for active you mean hacked as shit and for community you mean full of trickshooters elitist douchebags.

I wouldn't mind an MW collection, especially since I'll like to get an COD 4 Plat, and I sold all my Cod's long ago, but since Activision thinks 20 € for a 2007 game like COD 4 is a bargain, I'm afraid to hear the price they'll sell this hypothetical Remaster so I wouldn't buy it anyway.

Wow, it's pretty surprising that this thing is at 200,000 signatures! I also think that Modern Warfare 2 was the greatest online Call of Duty game I've played for various reasons (I've talked about it before, the flow of movement, the balance and pacing, everything) and every now and then I go back and play it with friends. Any Call of Duty game released after that just never felt the same, they always felt clunky for various reasons - for example, Modern Warfare 2 was the last CoD game where Search & Destroy was actually a lot of fun to play.

The reason people would probably want a remastered version is because if you go play it on PS3 right now, you'll find that it's now filled with a bunch of 5 year olds using "hacks" to constantly break online sessions, it's kind of a mess lol.

• Like 4

I would love to play it, i spent thousands of hours on this and all new call of duty's don't hold up to this level of game play, i boot up my game to get nostalgia and to be able to enjoy the game i love but it is so sad that it is on the ps3 and not remastered for the PS4 atm mostly since of hackers, lack of players (cod players simply move to the newest title cause they think it might be better... me* xD)

The game was absolutley awesome and i loved spec-ops with my pals then i hit multiplayer for some action with me and my clan and just fking enjoy gaming to the fullest!

I loved this age and this was one of the games that got me to focus more on my PS3 than my other platforms.

Fix the servers, maybe remove or lower the damage of the "noob-tube" and keep it at that, what absolutely makes me go mad is that there is cheaters everywhere in the old call of duty's and all over the playstation 3. Personally i am 99% sure that it won't happen to the PS4 since the modding community's best modders have at the moment no shot at making a cfw or something close to that atm and not even at the ps3 or vita...

Last time I played MW2 I couldn't play a single decent Search and Destroy game, it was full of trickshooters hate-mailing me  for not using a Sniper, yeah the servers are still up and the community is still active, if for active you mean hacked as shit and for community you mean full of trickshooters elitist douchebags.

I wouldn't mind an MW collection, especially since I'll like to get an COD 4 Plat, and I sold all my Cod's long ago, but since Activision thinks 20 € for a 2007 game like COD 4 is a bargain, I'm afraid to hear the price they'll sell this hypothetical Remaster so I wouldn't buy it anyway.

This won't really be the problem since if you played the game when the community was active for real it wasn't taken over by hackers and kids, it was awesome and nice at the beginning but then.... yeah..

The thing is that i think a lot of players will play it again and maybe we get a new dlc pack for it as well :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is pretty sad in my opinion.

I mean, is the current state of gaming really so bad that people are actually begging for ports of games that are still readily available? I would get it if it was a PS2 or PS1 game, or if the servers had been down for a while, or something like that, but anyone can easily still buy and play this game. It's not hard to find, the servers are still up, and there's still support for the systems the game is on. 

Except that CoD4 and MW2 are basically dead, on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Not to mention the worst obstacle is the amount of hackers. It's insane. There may be 4-5 games left, of which half of them has a hacker in it.

MW2 was one of my favourite FPS games and a PS4 remaster with more balanced gameplay, weapons and classes, upgraded graphics, and no exploitable mods or hacks would DEFINITELY be welcome. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Except that CoD4 and MW2 are basically dead, on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Not to mention the worst obstacle is the amount of hackers. It's insane. There may be 4-5 games left, of which half of them has a hacker in it.

MW2 was one of my favourite FPS games and a PS4 remaster with more balanced gameplay, weapons and classes, upgraded graphics, and no exploitable mods or hacks would DEFINITELY be welcome. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

So, instead of petitioning them to fix their broken game, you instead want them to throw together a shoddy port, and pay them for it? That makes sense.

So, instead of petitioning them to fix their broken game, you instead want them to throw together a shoddy port, and pay them for it? That makes sense.

Uh, no. We want them to release a proper port with improved graphics along with the other changes the improved engine brings. Even if they did remove all the hacks from the original games I can't imagine they would gain popularity so releasing a remastered version of the trilogy would bring hundreds of thousands of players, if not millions, to play with instead of the few thousand the originals have. 

Parker

Uh, no. We want them to release a proper port with improved graphics along with the other changes the improved engine brings. Even if they did remove all the hacks from the original games I can't imagine they would gain popularity so releasing a remastered version of the trilogy would bring hundreds of thousands of players, if not millions, to play with instead of the few thousand the originals have. 

Parker

I don't get why so many people want to single out one of the games. They would do much better if they released the whole trilogy rather than just one of the games. Especially if it's the middle one. :facepalm:

I don't get why so many people want to single out one of the games. They would do much better if they released the whole trilogy rather than just one of the games. Especially if it's the middle one. :facepalm:

Oops, I actually thought this topic was talking about the apparent trilogy remaster. I agree with you, I think the smart decision would be to remaster the entire Modern Warfare series. For me personally though, Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 would get by far the most playtime, I wasn't a big fan of the third game. 

Parker

• Like 1

Agreed, I fell off the wagon after MW3. Had a ton of fun with CoD4 and MW2. The third game would just be a fun bonus. Played Black Ops 3 and it was my first CoD in a while and it was fun, but it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the older games.