Titanfall 2 confirmed for PS4

Azaan60

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc 

Respawn founder and CEO Vince Zampella has confirmed Titanfall 2 is in development and will be released on multiple platforms.

Speaking to IGN ahead of tonight's BAFTA Game Awards, Zampella, whose title is nominated in three categories, acknowledged the game's existence for the first time. 

"I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don't know anything about it, or… yeah. So we're working on a sequel. No official name yet, but we're working on that. That's the main focus but we're starting up a second team and doing some smaller stuff too. Small, exploratory, taking it slow! It'll be multiplatform."

It seems the decision the broaden the game's horizons in terms of platform was never in doubt. When asked whether or not the team wishes they could change anything about the original product, Respawn COO Dusty Welch said, "Platform for me comes to mind right away." Though Zampella then explained, "Well, we needed that, though. We couldn't do the game," Dusty clarified the exclusivity was always a business decision rather than anything else.

"If we could do it though?" he said. "It would have been prohibitive to do that - we definitely made the right choices for the right reasons - but if you're saying what would we have liked to have done? The opportunity to be multiplatform could have made it even more significant for us."

Titanfall was a great game, in my opinion. I really hope they have an actual campaign this time around though, I personally believe that Infinity Ward (now Respawn) always made the best CoD campaigns so I know they can do something awesome with the Titanfall lore. 

Parker

Why is that? The first Titanfall is nothing like Evolve, why would Titanfall 2 completely change from the first game to be like it?

Parker

:P

Seriously though, if this game doesn't have a single player campaign I will have to pass. Doesn't matter how fun the multiplayer is, after awhile it will eventually get old

I'm ok with this, I want this game on all consoles. The only problem is X1 users got the shaft when TF1 came out, the frame-rate was jumpy and it was clearly Respawn's fault. I hope the better developer's kits will improve on the performance on both sides. 

I want 900p/60FPS for X1 and 1030p/30FPS on PS4.

I'm pretty meh. Xbox exclusives are like the Go-bots but for the video game world and I've never had real interest in Titanfall.

Are you talking about Xbox exclusives in general? Because that's clearly not true. Also TF isn't even a Xbox exclusive but is a Microsoft one. 

I played the original on a friend's Xbone religiously until I got to Generation 3. I absolutely loved everything about the game-play and the competitive modes, but the only reason the game wasn't as incredible after 30+ hours was simply due to its lack of diversity and customization. I honestly hope Tintanfall 2 is still all online MP with no actual campaign and they focus all their development on refining a longevity factor to the game.

Because the game-play and formula is superb, but they need a lot more content if this game is to become a new eSports contender and something I would play for 100-200+ hours. Which is entirely possible if the devs give it their patience and full out creativity.

Regardless, this is fantastic news. I hope Titanfall becomes a new juggernaut of the MP online FPS genre.