Peace Walker Trophy - What is a "kill"

I've looked at several sites and never found a straight-up answer. I'm not currently playing this game, but it is in my backlog (it's actually my roommate's game).

So far, I've scraped together that...

• Animals do not count as kills - even guard dogs
  • If a vulture eats a tranquilized enemy - It counts as a kill. However, it's only in one section and takes a while for it to occur
  • Even killing bosses counts as kills - They must be Tranquilized
  • throwing poisonous animals at the enemy could kill them and count
  • CQC is fine as long as either Zzz appears over their head or floating stars. Using the Knife or chocking too long could lead to a kill
  • Don't use any explosives in the game, it could lead to deaths without even noticing
  • Tranquilizing enemies on the motorcycles do not count as kills
  • Bees do not kill guards

I guess my questions are

• What if you tranquilize an enemy and they fall off a ledge or fall in water?
  • What happens if you tranquilize someone in a helicopter or floating platform (picture is in Darktooth's post), and they crash?
  • Is there anything else I should know before attempting this trophy?

Yes, this is very helpful to me, but I also feel that this can help others out there trying to obtain this trophy as well and could clarify any discrepancies out there. I will update this thread as questions are answered. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I've personally never killed a guard dog so I wouldn't know if that counts or not (Why would someone kill a dog!?). I also wouldn't worry about the vultures too much, they only appear in one area in the game and they take a while before eating them.  Everything else you typed is correct though. 

Now on to your questions:

1.- Slitting their throat and chocking them for too long can kill them (Make sure they have stars floating above their heads or ZzZ signs to make sure they're still alive). Also, knocking them out and having them fall into water/pits can kill them as well.

2.- Answered above, they count as kills. 

3.-There are no scenes in the game where that can happen.

4.-They can't die, they'll just run off while chased by the bees. No! Not the bees!!! NOT THE BEES!!

5.-The motorcycle scene is towards the end of the game. You will have a lot of enemies shooting at you, make sure to use the tranquilizer gun on them and you should be fine. 

6.- Don't shoot any explosive barrels, don't use lethal weapons at all, don't even use your grenades or C4 in this run (you could end up killing someone and not noticing). Oh, and at one point you'll see some guys on floating platforms patrolling areas. If you tranq them, they'll crash and explode, so don't do that. 

500px-MGS3SkorpionSAVz61Platform.jpg ← These guys

Best of luck dude, the game's not really hard to plat. Hope you enjoy it. 

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

I've personally never killed a guard dog so I wouldn't know if that counts or not (Why would someone kill a dog!?). I also wouldn't worry about the vultures too much, they only appear in one area in the game and they take a while before eating them.  Everything else you typed is correct though. 

Now on to your questions:

1.- Slitting their throat and chocking them for too long can kill them (Make sure they have stars floating above their heads or ZzZ signs to make sure they're still alive). Also, knocking them out and having them fall into water/pits can kill them as well.

2.- Answered above, they count as kills. 

3.-There are no scenes in the game where that can happen.

4.-They can't die, they'll just run off while chased by the bees. No! Not the bees!!! NOT THE BEES!!

5.-The motorcycle scene is towards the end of the game. You will have a lot of enemies shooting at you, make sure to use the tranquilizer gun on them and you should be fine. 

6.- Don't shoot any explosive barrels, don't use lethal weapons at all, don't even use your grenades or C4 in this run (you could end up killing someone and not noticing). Oh, and at one point you'll see some guys on floating platforms patrolling areas. If you tranq them, they'll crash and explode, so don't do that. 

500px-MGS3SkorpionSAVz61Platform.jpg ← These guys

Best of luck dude, the game's not really hard to plat. Hope you enjoy it. 

See, I heard on other sites that shooting the guys on the platform DO NOT count as kills if tranquilized along with people falling off edges or into water. However, I've heard people who say the same thing as you and say they DO count as kills.

In other words, has anyone tranquilized these people and still obtained the trophy or didn't obtain the trophy after doing this and completing the game? If so please post below!

The reason why I care so much about this trophy in particular is because I told my roommate, who believes this trophy is ridiculous and doesn't see how it's possible, that I was going to beat the game without killing anyone, and if I'm going to do it right, I'm doing it right the first time! (and prove him wrong!) xD It's not a bet, but I might as well show off my "mad skillz" (people still say that, right?)

See, I heard on other sites that shooting the guys on the platform DO NOT count as kills if tranquilized along with people falling off edges or into water. However, I've heard people who say the same thing as you and say they DO count as kills.

In other words, has anyone tranquilized these people and still obtained the trophy or didn't obtain the trophy after doing this and completing the game? If so please post below!

The reason why I care so much about this trophy in particular is because I told my roommate, who believes this trophy is ridiculous and doesn't see how it's possible, that I was going to beat the game without killing anyone, and if I'm going to do it right, I'm doing it right the first time! (and prove him wrong!) xD It's not a bet, but I might as well show off my "mad skillz" (people still say that, right?)

I'm pretty sure the guys on the hovercrafts don't count as kills when you tranquilize them since I always tranquilized them to keep them from shooting me constantly and I got the trophy on my first playthrough. I also read that explosive barrel kills don't actually count either, but I never really tested that. Best to play it safe and not shoot them.

For other tips, the only thing I can think of that isn't listed is when you get to the point where you only have a fork, unequip the fork when you CQC enemies or you might accidentally kill them.

• 4 months later...

Protip: You don't have to engage every enemy you encounter.

Once you've played enough MGS, you'll realize that fighting every guard is a massive waste of time and energy. Most of the time, it's better to just run past them.

If you're attempting this on very easy, this trophy is a piece of cake. Just equip the EZ gun (raises your camo index to 80% and keeps it there, no matter what) and run through the game. The enemy won't see you unless you're right in front of their face.

I'd avoid killing the hovercraft people. Just go into the prone position and swim under the water. The enemy will go "who was that just now?" but by the time they've hovered over that position, you'll already be way down the river, out of their sight.

I just platinumed the game, so if you have any questions, I'm here.