why do people don't have mics, want good reason not lame reason

CrimsonWarrior90

I dont like to talk... :)

I can write you a book... no problem, but I really dont like to talk. I hate it when I must do a phonecall with an office or something, because they have their emailadress just for decoration... Seriously, why are they printing their emailadress on letters, when they never read emails? :(

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

I didn't have one for the longest time. Just was never really interested in one, and only sometimes did I wish I had one.

Now even though I have that super nice Pulse Elite headset, I still don't always put it on (except for really good games cause the sound quality is amazing). I always use it in Multiplayer if I'm playing with people on my PSN friends list though, but rarely ever with random people in matchmaking.

A mic is a luxury really, an optional piece of hardware that's only nice to have in limited situations, and usable on very few games. Most people would rather use that money on a new game, or rarely play online multiplayer games.

Some people don't have microphones to use, perhaps because they haven't felt compelled to go buy one, or they just recently broke one. Some people don't like chatting over the microphone as they don't want to distract themselves. Sometimes people have one and don't use it anyway because they find they barely talk to begin with. Sometimes people don't respond because they can't as they are in a party, or just purely don't like giving other players the satisfaction of a response.

Due to lag, nearly every call out is terrible for co op to begin with. Getting told I'm about to get ganked while I'm munching on popcorn watching my character go through the death sequence already makes it feel pointless. In the end, I think my headset is purely for getting immersive sounds. There are the occasions where I can talk to good friends on game chat about stuff. Or sometimes you just get an interesting girl or guy on your team talking about the game, or life outside it.

Basically put, microphone usage is purely opportunistic and different for everyone. You should never expect anyone else to use one, even in ridiculously co op games. Sometimes, its the silent bastard who carries the squad.

• Like 1

I had a mic for a few months, but I hardly use it. Whenever I attempt to use it, I get matched with people who don't speak my language or heavy breathers. Now I don't know about you but heavy breathing during my gaming sessions isn't for me. Also, I'm not really one for chatting much so it's there only if it's a necessity. I don't see it as an issue having no mic as if you play with people you know, chances are you know their game too.

My_Name_Is_Age.png

• Like 1

Playing a few boosting sessions I learned that some people are shy and just aren't comfortable talking, yet they use text chat like it's going out of style. Just different personality types I guess. To me using your mic makes things easier if you have one but if you're not comfortable then that's alright. There's some people I wish didn't talk with their mic that I have played with!

Even if I prefer talking with microphone, I don't like it too much. Cause most of groups I played were abusing trashtalking etc. Playing the game I want to recieve ingame information, some important things about situation, but everytime it was kinda talking about weather and "what to do this evening". So, I will be happy if my party will talk about gaming process, otherwise I'll be silent.

My answer cuz I don't use a mic even though I have one? I'm shy. I just feel awkward talking to people I don't know. Basically I have social anxiety and that's why I don't use a mic. Which really sucks sometimes as it would make some things a lot easier and I could practice my spoken English. Maybe I'll get the courage to talk sometime, but at the moment, it's too hard for me :P

Using the chat and forum is a lot easier though :D

• Like 1

Right now i don't play multiplayer games but even when i used to play online all the time i didn't want to buy a mic because my first language isn't english and also i don't like to talk when i'm playing, i want to be fully concentrated. Also i hated the fact that most of the online players were just raging through their mics or they were just listening to lame music and that was hitting on my nerves! In my opinion the only good reason to buy a mic is if you have co-op games with friends that you know and speak with, that would be fun, but there is no way to buy a mic for multiplayer games, where you find random and most of the times stupid people.