why do people don't have mics, want good reason not lame reason

CrimsonWarrior90

I have a mic, but i don't talk to random people because they're usually stupid or creepy. I don't even talk to my own friends while playing! I'm too shy... and also, my english is not very good.   :angel:

Edited by Sakura

After my bad experience with Counter Strike, I stopped using mics. I was playing it for first time after many years, but I wasn't doing well so insults started raining on me, I tried to defend myself, but the whole thing turned to people making fun of my accent.

I wanna enjoy my time playing games not wasting it on chit chats or fights with annoying people online.

The only exception is when I'm playing with my friends (people I'm boosting with don't count)

I used to use a mic all the time but after playing Counter Strike Source in 2005... It completely put me off. Seriously... Those CS:S players put raging COD kids to shame.

I started using a mic for my Twitch stream this week, first time in obviously a long time, which is fine because it's just me communicating with twitch chat. ^^

Play multiplayer and use a mic or gtfo, amirite people?!? :awesome:

Antisocial little bastards... <_<:lol:

I've always used a mic but, I've spoken to a bazillion people that don't use them and the reasons always differ; too expensive, can't speak well enough, too shy to speak, don't want to play multiplayer, don't want to listen to others, tired of trolling, their mic broke and won't bother replacing it, batteries dead and won't bother replacing them, lost their mic, no point, etc etc.

I'll always be a huge advocate of wearing a mic. Being able to communicate always makes things so much easier and, if you're connected to other nice people, it also makes it a much more enjoyable experience, which is the entire point of gaming in the first place! :dance:

I don't play multiplayer games so what will be the point of buying a mic?

I have a headset/mic combo and sometimes you can't beat the sound/immersion of a good head set.

OT: I rarely play multiplayer games. Even when I do I only use the mic when boosting something specific or when playing with friends. Even when I do it I switch it between on and off when I do/don't need to day something, no one wants to hear my wife's TV show or my music in the background.

It always seems like all the players I wouldn't mind having a mic don't use one and all the people who should have their console thrown off a roof actually do..: and leave the mic open constantly. Yes, those Doritos sound delicious, now please unplug your mic.

cause when I play games I play them loud, like a f#$%^^ing ARCADE. and I know people that likes to talk but speak up damnit. Really annoying to h ave to ask, what? what?? what?? or they couldnt hear me, cause shit... Im at a ARCADE!

I'll always be a huge advocate of wearing a mic. Being able to communicate always makes things so much easier and, if you're connected to other nice people, it also makes it a much more enjoyable experience, which is the entire point of gaming in the first place! :dance:

Additional problem is... Im not talking loud enough for PS or XBox. I can talk normally in Skype or Teamspeak, but over the console nobody hears me.

And hey, others are pretty quiet. I dont want to turn the volume of my screen, my laptop (Line-In) and my Headset up and then reduce in every game (and on my laptop everything in the soundmanager to 5% lel, except Line-In) music and sounds because it would be craparonie loud, just that someone on the other side of the world who doesnt knows me, who Im not knowing, etc, perfectly can flame around when we loose and can tell my what a nice Lady my mother is. ... I mean, I dont care anyway. My mother isnt a lady and also she isnt nice, but yeah.. whatever... Also, why I should ruin the for me perfect soundsettings? I dont want it loud and Im also not this type of person who is nagging the neighbours. I want it comfortable.

I dont must understand humanlogics, right... ?

Edited by Neputyunu

I have a mic (2.0 headset brought for peace while gaming lol) and I doubt I'll use it(Unless I find good friends on PSN and they fancy a chat once in a while). I prefer to hear the sound design of the game I'm playing not been told I'm whatever insult the cool kids have these days. The only time I used to use a mic on PC was in Warcraft and even then only with my close friends from the guild I was in and that was only usually if we wanted to banter after clearing a dungeon for the 100th time.

Edited by Inokih

I don't give a rat's arse about the other people that play mp.

When I need to play mp to get some trophies, if I'm not boosting something difficult to coordinate, I will not even waste time looking for my mic.

Oh and I always mute other people. I fucking hate when they make noise. And 99% of the time it's just noise.

Edited by DocDoomII

Similar reasons to others; anxiety, with some self-consciousness regarding my voice, and not having had a decent headset. Have only really talked with friends while playing.

I'm getting a new headset soon though, but I'll probably be making use of gaming sessions here for that.

• Like 2

I have a headset that I use either on Skype or Teamspeak when playing with friends.  I don't like speaking to new people and I don't see much point chatting in fighters.  The co-op games I play are mainly MMOs and these have chat boxes players can use, or I play with my static.

It's because I speak whale and not many humans know whale. It would be awkward to play BF4 and be the only one shouting in whalish. 

Why don't you speak in bearish? O.o

cause when I play games I play them loud, like a f#$%^^ing ARCADE. and I know people that likes to talk but speak up damnit. Really annoying to h ave to ask, what? what?? what?? or they couldnt hear me, cause shit... Im at a ARCADE!

So, you play your tv so loud that you can't hear others, and then blame them for not being able to hear them because they won't speak up? :facepalm: x1,000