why do people don't have mics, want good reason not lame reason

CrimsonWarrior90

Most either can't afford them or they don't have social skills, i LOVE to communicate but i'm always afraid of getting the generic immature "faggot, pussy" responses -.- lol

I have a certificate that proofes I have socialskills :) https://www.eco-c.eu/en/

But I HATE to communicate via voice.

I will never understand why this is a problem for so many humans... We are in 2015 and they still dont understand that we all have different personalities.

Edited by Neputyunu

Text chat is for gentlemen.

Text chat is terribly slow on PS4.  I find messages coming in up to 30 mins after they were sent.

I have started using the playstation app to correspond with instead on my phone as its much faster to send and recieve than the PS4 messaging system.

• Like 1

Text chat is terribly slow on PS4.  I find messages coming in up to 30 mins after they were sent.

I have started using the playstation app to correspond with instead on my phone as its much faster to send and recieve than the PS4 messaging system.

Thats true - ill usually use my vita for ps4 chats, they really need to sort that out tho - the text chat on PS3 was fine, dont know how they managed to mess that up!

• Like 1

Thats true - ill usually use my vita for ps4 chats, they really need to sort that out tho - the text chat on PS3 was fine, dont know how they managed to mess that up!

The vita only seems to check for messages about every 15 minutes but the app on the phone (obviously an Xperia!)  is much quicker.

So much so that my missus complains bitterly about the constant chirping of the phone when I am boosting a game.

I'm the talkative type, I like joking with people, and having a good time, etc.

Heck, I like talking so much I'm willing to type enough paragraphs a day to fill a book, that being said, I almost never talk to anyone I don't know in person through a mic.

My main reason, is people these days usually aren't the type of people I really wanna hold a serious conversation with, not to mention hearing they're voices ruins the mental image, I mean, anonymity  has a certain charm to it.

I guess I'm not against using mic's exactly, I just need to genuinely like the person on the other end, or it starts feeling like a really long call from a guy named ted, who happens to be incredibly boring, with a voice like sandpaper, I can't put my ears through that.... :rolleyes:

Also I'm not the type to use vulgar language, and most people drop  F-bombs faster than you can blink, so I usually just avoid talking to them. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Their voice hurts, so they don't feel like talking, they literally don't have a mic, they have people nearby them as they don't want them to question who they are talking to, they are shy and don't feel like talking to others, and they don't like their voice, so they choose not to talk at all. The amount of reasons are endless, but these seem to be the most common reasons.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 3

I don't play a lot of MP. But there was a period a few years back where I was using the Sony Gold Wireless headset either to talk to a friend of mine on PSN, or just to hear things better in a game that you wouldn't notice normally through your TV speakers...I went through 2 pairs of them that broke in the same way (the hinge where they folded, broke). So I just said I was done paying that much for a headset if they were just going to keep breaking that easily (they both only lasted a few months). I just found it's not something I need...good headsets are too expensive to worry about. If I'm playing with someone now that really wants me to talk...then I'll just plug in my wired earbuds that came with an old phone. 

Edited by Viper

I dont use a mic sometimes  as other people in my house are sleeping. However i agree that mics in co op games can be useful . I mainly use mine when playing HC as typing a msg could mean perma death Also sometimes i just dont want to talk.  i will wear headset to listen but often stay quiet unless need to answer something . People that dont mute their mic when background is loud or breath heavy can be super distracting..  or if they just use controller mic and all i can hear is button mashing . 

• Like 1

Same here. I don´t really like to talk and I usually play late in the evening/at night, so I can't use the mic without waking people up. Most games I play are singleplayer anyway, but if I have to talk i'll use the playstation app on my phone.

• Like 1

It's fine if people prefer not to talk on mic but with that being said it can be incredibly frustrating trying to coordinate with someone in a boost or a co-op game so I'd prefer to being able to talk to people i play with. I really couldn't care less what people sound like I've been told I sound like Arnie some times (mainly Americans) I take that as a compliment because Arnie is the goat.