Sunlight Medal

miIesI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I got 14 medals by doing co-op. When I realised that my Soul Memory was too high to get summoned, I started to farm them on Things Betwixt with the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1 (which increases item discovery by 75%). I got 5 more medals there but the drop rate is huge and now the falconers don't drop anything...

I found out on the Internet that this medals are a very rare drop from the Mounted Overseers in Harvest Valley, but I killed almost 50 of them and no one dropped anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to use the following gear to get the 11 medals I needed for the third rank in this covenant:

• Traveling Merchant Hat
  • Prisoner's Tatters

I also used the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1 and sometimes I used a rusted coin, which boosts luck. I recommend to be in the Champions covenant, because enemies will spawn infinitely. With this method I got 11 medals in a 2-3 hours session.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I decided to use the following gear to get the 11 medals I needed for the third rank in this covenant:

• Traveling Merchant Hat
  • Prisoner's Tatters

I also used the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1 and sometimes I used a rusted coin, which boosts luck. I recommend to be in the Champions covenant, because enemies will spawn infinitely. With this method I got 11 medals in a 2-3 hours session.

I'm noticing I'm not being summoned very often either and I'll probably have to resort to this to get my sunlight medals. Can you abandon the champions covenant and everything goes back to normal? Did you use any bonfire ascetics? Did you farm on NG+, NG++? I'm thinking I'll probably leave this till the very end just in case but I'm curious about the details of your grind. thanks

just wanted to follow up for anyone who might see this thread in the future: I have about 5.1 million soul memory right now on NG+ (which would put me at tier 37) and I'm getting summoned consistently (say once every 10 minutes or so) just beside the bonfire for King's Gate right before the final boss(es) in the Throne of Want. It's a popular spot, you'll notice tons of summon signs around the this place and I still get summoned fairly frequently (considering I wasn't getting summoned anywhere, only by blind luck a few times before this).

As far as time spent, it might not be faster than farming the Falconer soldiers in Things Betwixt with the best item finding gear on, but I just put the controller down and work on my homework or read and wait until I hear I've been summoned - doesn't require your active attention

Edited by Fray32-

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, I have a Soul Memory of about 10.6 Million (Tier 39, NG+2), and I get summoned about every 5-10 minutes at Drangleic Castle - King's Gate bonfire. The summoning is fairly reliable, but there are specific times during the day that very few people seem to be playing, so I may need to use the farming method soon. I'm Rank 1 in the covenant, with 15 Medals offered at the totem. I get about 2-3 medals per hour fairly reliably (less so because either my host or me dies on a frequent basis).

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

With online play going away at the end of this month(for PS3 version), I thought I'd add a more recent snapshot of online play to the thread. I'm currently soul tier 21 and mid-game, having trouble finding anyone at all. I have 2 sunlight tokens after like 8 hours of waiting around. I did have much better luck during daylight hours USA than late at night when I usually play. But I've left my gold summon sign down for hours at a time without a single summon. If it really is just a 2-3 hour grind with drop rate enhancements, it's just best to get the 30 sunlight medals offline at this point. I'll stay in the Sunlight covenant just in case I find any other white summon signs but online is pretty dead from what I've seen anyway. 

Edited by XxViPeRsXx

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 9:46 PM, XxViPeRsXx said:

With online play going away at the end of this month(for PS3 version), I thought I'd add a more recent snapshot of online play to the thread. I'm currently soul tier 21 and mid-game, having trouble finding anyone at all. I have 2 sunlight tokens after like 8 hours of waiting around. I did have much better luck during daylight hours USA than late at night when I usually play. But I've left my gold summon sign down for hours at a time without a single summon. If it really is just a 2-3 hour grind with drop rate enhancements, it's just best to get the 30 sunlight medals offline at this point. I'll stay in the Sunlight covenant just in case I find any other white summon signs but online is pretty dead from what I've seen anyway. 

Thanks for the tips. I'm doubt about start the game right now and try to play online with someone or wait for the server closure and playing offline all the game. Correct me if I wrong, but reading your post I think that right now is better play all the game solo offline, right?

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2024 at 4:25 AM, Halycarnaso said:

Thanks for the tips. I'm doubt about start the game right now and try to play online with someone or wait for the server closure and playing offline all the game. Correct me if I wrong, but reading your post I think that right now is better play all the game solo offline, right?

Yes, I eventually got most of my 30 sunlight medals offline. I think I got around 5 online by the end. So 25 came from Banediggers and Falconers (NG+ and NG++). Honestly, the drop rate for Bandiggers seemed way worse than Falconers. So I didn't bother using Bonfire Ascetics there. I used a few in the Things Betwixt area for more Falconer spawns and increased drop rates. With basically maxed Item Discovery (the only item I was missing was the Symbol of Avarice that's only in a DLC area), I think it took around 3 hours of focused grinding. If you're not being as efficient as possible it could take 3-4x longer. Make sure to get everything you can that boosts item discovery. You can get more Rusted Coins every time you use a bonfire ascetic in The Things Betwixt, but those other equips are really important to cutting down your time grinding.