How do you unlock hard mode?

I already beat the game once on normal today. Was wondering if I will able to get unlock hard difficulty after beating it but I didn't got it. Tried the first level again since I have a B ranked I think and the wika said if I C+ rank above I will get the hard mode, but I still able to use the lock on thinking I am still on normal mode. Is there any way to get hard difficulty at all?

I beat the game and unlocked hard mode right away. You can start it from the New game option, or by pressing square in chapter select. Hard mode inverts the map, and adds many more enemies with guns. You can tell immediately of you're on the correct difficulty.

• Like 1

I beat the game and unlocked hard mode right away. You can start it from the New game option, or by pressing square in chapter select. Hard mode inverts the map, and adds many more enemies with guns. You can tell immediately of you're on the correct difficulty.

Ehh. I tried the new game where it takes me to chapter 1 and I still able to lock on to enemies. I don't understand of pressing square to the chapter select. No how many times I press square on any chapter I still on normal difficulty to me.

It's weird I have this question too and I need some clarification.. I had it where when I first had beat the game that I could press square in chapter select "continue".. But now it isn't there.. Working on finishing all A+ now and I'm nearly there.. I wanna start a hard run but I have no idea how to.. The wikia, as referred to by the topic creator, says that in order to unlock EXTREME difficulty you have to get C+ or higher.. It says the game "...will have..." Implying future tense in regards to Extreme... Still can't figure out hard mode..

http://hotlinemiami.wikia.com/wiki/Hotline_Miami_2:_Wrong_Number

• Like 1

Hey I figured it out.. I believe you just have to finish the last level again.. I beat the game and went for A+ on all stages.. Didn't have hard mode after I turned of my console.. Had it when I first beat it.. Still idk what happened and why I lost hard mode difficulty.. But I got A+ on the last stage 24th scene and I fininished the ending for fun.. And it unlocked.. Haven't played since then, so I hope hard mode is still intact.. I started and completed the first 3 stages on hard for preventative measures.. Anyway, it worked for me so it might work for others, too!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/18/2015 at 9:58 AM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Hey I figured it out.. I believe you just have to finish the last level again.. I beat the game and went for A+ on all stages.. Didn't have hard mode after I turned of my console.. Had it when I first beat it.. Still idk what happened and why I lost hard mode difficulty.. But I got A+ on the last stage 24th scene and I fininished the ending for fun.. And it unlocked.. Haven't played since then, so I hope hard mode is still intact.. I started and completed the first 3 stages on hard for preventative measures.. Anyway, it worked for me so it might work for others, too!

I did have the same problem but I resolved it using your technique. Played scene 25 and watched the credits, after that it unlocked. Maybe you can 'eject'  to main menu to skip the credits but I'm not sure.