Yakuza 0 Impressions?

GamerGirIKat

71ffk4ZHDQL._SL1000_.jpg

Alright, so Yakuza 0 was released last week. I picked up a copy and I'm enjoying it so far. I just want to know everyone else's thoughts. Are you enjoying the game? What are some of the Characters/Places/Mechanics/etc. you're looking forward to seeing? Are there any characters that you're disappointed about not seeing in the game? Any mechanics you wish they left out?

I haven't reached the Majima sections yet, but I'm looking to dedicate some more time to this game on the weekend. I've only played enough to open up Kiryu's fighting styles, I've also been leveling them up using the vita app. My favorite fighting style is definitely "Rush". 

Edited by GamerGirIKat

You already know this but, what pains me the most is no Taiga, no Taichi & no Mitsuo. I only played to the point where random encounters start happening and the rest of the map opens up, the story is just a bonus what I really care about is the combat. As far as fighting styles, all I'm using is the "Taiga" style for obvious reasons.

Some of the things I don't like are the reused heat actions, that's probably the only gripe I have so far. What I do like though is the new rhythm minigame. The chance to see a young Og dressed as a hypebeast was lol worthy as well as Miracle Johnson. The soundtrack is pretty good and those jolly green cuzinhos that take all of your money add a bit of an extra challenge. They're probably one of the only reasons why I use the Rush fighting style.

So yeah, I'm loving this game.

Oh yeah! Kaz finally getting rid of that silver suit and maroon shirt HUGE plus.

I freaking love this game, the soundtrack is amazing (Takumi 1988=Eargasm), the substories for the most part are hilarious & the city takeover minigame is great. (I got destroyed in Outrun though lol) I have to agree with you about the heat actions, when I saw them being used in the CF minigame it was just... :rolleyes: . The girls being random in the "dating" minigame was also a bit annoying but the outcomes were so funny that I just overlooked it. Great game. Highly recommended for fans...even newcomers. Heres to hoping it gets released in the west.

Im so excited, can't wait for yakuza 5 to release here in the U.S

I am too  :D I'm gonna double dip and buy the US version. I really hope there's a physical release though, I'll even settle for a limited one, seeing my collection stop at 4 brings tears to my eyes lol. I wish the petition had the same numbers as the MW2 one did.

Maybe you should put the name of the game in the title.I didn't know what game you were talking about until I came here.

Since I'm here I'll say that Yakuza 4 hooked me up and it's a shame Yakuza zero won't be localized.I'll wait patiently for Yakuza 5 though

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

I'm gonna double dip and buy the US version

^THIS

I really hope there's a physical release though

^THIS

I wish the petition had the same numbers as the MW2 one did.

^THIS

Kind of off topic but I really wish there was some form of Co-Op in Dead Souls, couch or online. I think it would've made the game better. All of those partners and no co-op?

Kind of off topic but I really wish there was some form of Co-Op in Dead Souls, couch or online. I think it would've made the game better. All of those partners and no co-op?

Yeah when I tried to introduce my friends into the series most of them were put off by the length of the cutscenes, but when they saw me playing DS all of them were interested crazy enough. Despite popular opinion they enjoyed it as well. 

They're probably one of the only reasons why I use the Rush fighting style.

A fully developed Thug fighting style turns that game of keep away into "come at me bro" lol. I get stomped using destruction, I spam the heck out of the bear hug though. Love that move.