How did you become a Trophy Hunter?

QueazyJoe

Because they put the trophies there in the games to get?

I just like getting Platinums really... It started off slow when I was at school - me and friends would try and see who had the most, and it escalated from there.

Edited by Half-H3ro
  • Like 3

I live in Brazil, and when I was a kid my family didn't have much money, so games were very limited.

What happened was that I started to look at every nut and cranny in the video games I had, and eventually completimg them 100℅ became a necessity.

Later on, I bought a ps3 and when trophies came along, I had to catch em all.

I wonder what got all of you to go trophy hunting?

Pretty much the same here. I must've completed Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro 3, Jak 2 +3, Ratchet & Clank 3, and Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2 dozens of times.

• Like 2

I found trophies to be really rewarding, they completely changed the way I approach games, before trophies I played my games once to enjoy it's campaign on medium or easy, and never cared about the challenge or the side missions, I ended up realizing that I wasn't getting the full enjoyment of my games, then trophies came and gave me the equivalent of a virtual cookie for my accomplishments, so after that I kept playing my games as I always did, but after beating them it was trophie hunting time, which extended my games life and made me enjoy them even more.

Yeah, I completely agree. Trophy really are rewarding and, on my opinion, enrich your experience because you're seen everything the games has to offer.

• Like 2

0always thought plats were super hard to get for some reason. I love visual  improvment and when i got my first, i got addicted. It solidified when i went back to my favorite ps2 games and platinumed most of them. From then i just try to get all the content out of my favorite games

That beautiful sound of the trophy popping & showing. and the feeling of success on 100% or getting a platinum.

O god i have a friend who makes fun of me for this

They just dont get it <3

• Like 4

After realizing that there was achievements for doing other tasks in the game that gave you a "prize" I became hooked. Hunting give me a satisfaction of knowing that I got everything completed in the game & didn't miss anything! 

I had a PS3 before trophies where out then when cod W@W came out in November 2008 it was the 1st game I owned with trophies, I decided to try and get them all it took me just over a week and I enjoyed it  and just never stopped since I guess. Crazy to think I was 13 then now im a month away from being 19.

• Like 1

It all started well before trophies came out. Back when simply exploring EVERYTHING was simply fun to do. Specifically with my first RPG game I ever played, being Chrono Trigger. I abused that game while trying to find everything it could simply offer. Then came Abes Oddysey on PS1, where every new game resulted in finding new secret areas which I simply had to find them all... eventually

Later on, I discovered Final Fantasy 7 a few years later. Beat it dozens of times while finding everything. Then I got the guide from my uncle, after looking through it,  I realized there was only very few things I didn't find out through normal play. So excited, I would brag about my exploits, like having finally felled Emerald Weapon, unlocking the secret characters, as well as maxing out the stats of my 3 favorite characters.  Of course back then, face to face bragging was the only way possible, and proving your exploits was a bitch.

Jumping forward roughly 10 years, I bought myself an XboX360, and achieved 50k gamer score withing 6 months.... which broke my console. Then I was gifted one, and it too broke down after about 3 months. Finally, I decided to try PS3 out, and loved the concept of a special symbol showing that you achieved all trophies within the game, rather than a large number with no final outcome.... Also enjoyed how it never broke down on me....

• Like 2

Hmm. Not sure really. I think it's more of a challenge for me. Like the dev's put them there to say "we bet you can't do this" and I'm like "challenge accepted mate". 

Having said that, I don't try to plat games once I start to find them boring. But as long as I'm still enjoying myself, or the grind isn't too bad, I'll go for it.

I STARTED BECAUSE I HAD A HORRIBLE 0 ON THE PLATINUM IMAGE, ACTUALLY I DID HACK UNCHARTED JUST TO HAVE 1, BUT IT DIDNT FEEL RIGHT SO I TRIED TO GET 1 STRAIGHT (DONT REMEMBER WHICH ONE) AFTER THAT I STRATED COMPETING WITH A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND THE REST IS HISTORY LOL, SAD TO SAY BUT SOMETIMES I PLAY GAMES JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE "EZ PLATS" AND DON'T TRY SOME BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD PLATS TO GET.

• Like 1

I used to complete my Snes games to 100% but after that console generation I didn't have that much games that had that sort of visual completition (I didn't have a PsOne or a N64. I had a Gameboy Color and then I jumped to pc until I was able to buy a PS2) so I kind of lost interest on completing them.

Then, a year after I got my ps3 I was playing the Saw Game and when I realized I was only a trophy away to getting a platinum, I gave it a shoot just to see what would happen. After that, I just couldn't stop giving it a try for the challenge

For me personally, I feel you can't claim to have "beaten a game" until you have earned the platinum. That's how my trophy hunting began.

^ This.

I always liked to complete my games 100% well before trophies came along. After they did, well, it was just an easier way to keep track of what I had done (that and they provide you some more little errands to do, which extends your play time). Even if some trophies are too long/hard, If it's in my power, I will get them. I just won't waste any time on games I don't like. Trophy hunting is only for games I like.

I used to complete my Snes games to 100% but after that console generation I didn't have that much games that had that sort of visual completition (I didn't have a PsOne or a N64. I had a Gameboy Color and then I jumped to pc until I was able to buy a PS2) so I kind of lost interest on completing them.

Then, a year after I got my ps3 I was playing the Saw Game and when I realized I was only a trophy away to getting a platinum, I gave it a shoot just to see what would happen. After that, I just couldn't stop giving it a try for the challenge

We kinda began the same way: 

My neighbor used to have a SNES, and we would spend hours and hours trying to find every possible secret in Super Mario World. After that, a friend of mine gave me a ps1 (and he bought a ps2) and them I  started trying to get all the gems in Crash 1, 2 and my favourite Crash 3. From that point on, it escalated to the lego star wars games on the ps2, and finally Platinum trophies on ps3