How did you become a Trophy Hunter?

QueazyJoe

Our Mom didn't have much money so we got games only on birthdays and as other presents. She always said that she won't buy us new games until we have beat the old ones completely. Now she gets really happy when she sees that we still play Crash Bandicoot games. So it kinda became a habit to beat all old games before playing new ones. Oh yeah and my sister is a perfectionist, she can't stand incomplete stuff or too low completion rates. :P

I started when I used to play Black Ops (1). I played zombies a lot, and there were a few trophies to get after doing the Easter eggs on each map... One thing led to another and now on all games I make sure I check the trophy list and I go for the platinums on my favourite games

Our Mom didn't have much money so we got games only on birthdays and as other presents. She always said that she won't buy us new games until we have beat the old ones completely. Now she gets really happy when she sees that we still play Crash Bandicoot games. So it kinda became a habit to beat all old games before playing new ones. Oh yeah and my sister is a perfectionist, she can't stand incomplete stuff or too low completion rates. :P

Guess I can say i'm a completionist too. Low completition rates annoy me, but sometimes i just can't avoid it. :(  

0always thought plats were super hard to get for some reason. I love visual  improvment and when i got my first, i got addicted. It solidified when i went back to my favorite ps2 games and platinumed most of them. From then i just try to get all the content out of my favorite games

O god i have a friend who makes fun of me for this

They just dont get it <3

Haha they don't, but I do :)

Once upon a time a purchased a PS4 after swapping from 360 because I had a PS2 along time ago and earned my first trophy then I couldn't stop I can't play a game without trying to 100% it now. I also purchased a PS3 soI could play heavy rain and some titles you can't get on PS4

I always loved completing Games to 100% even way before Trophies were a thing. So when Trophies / Achievements came with the last Generation it became even more addicting to try to complete Games or perform specific things in Games. I am not realy into it for Leaderboard Reasons but for the fun of it.

My friends and I had been playing Saints Row The Third, we figured out that the Platinum wouldn't be very hard to get so we all went for it. I took a little bit longer due to the collectibles but ever since that first Platinum I've tried harder to earn them.

Now I have a fair few more than my friends do but we all still focus on having fun together when we can.

Edited by spazza136

Started listening to IGN's Podcast Beyond and they kept talking about trophies and I didnt understand the fuss since I only focused on finishing the single player campaign for the story and moving on to the next.. Once I started, I haven't been able to stop.. Planning to go back to all my previously played games and getting a plat on most of them.. 

Since my late teenage years I've always been a completionist. My first trophy/plat is of Uncharted, but I completed all the in-game challenges/medals (whatever they're called) way before the trophies were added. Once the trophies appeared I just went back and got 'em all then I was hooked. The rest is history. :)

DLC trophies I don't care much about unless I like the DLC.

I found trophies to be really rewarding, they completely changed the way I approach games, before trophies I played my games once to enjoy it's campaign on medium or easy, and never cared about the challenge or the side missions, I ended up realizing that I wasn't getting the full enjoyment of my games, then trophies came and gave me the equivalent of a virtual cookie for my accomplishments, so after that I kept playing my games as I always did, but after beating them it was trophie hunting time, which extended my games life and made me enjoy them even more.

^^This.

My_Name_Is_Age.png

For me, it all started before I even got a ps3. It started out as a competition amongst my boyfriends friends. They all talked shit about who had the most trophies and most platinums, ragged on my boyfriend in front of me, telling him he wasn't a "true" gamer cuz he had low trophies on the games he had. Every time we would get together for BBQ's it would be the same shit over and over. It bothered him after a while cuz it got old VERY quick cuz that's all they'd ever bring up or talk about. And one of his "buddies" would be the instigater and dog him very disrespectfully in front of the entire gaming group and me. This overweight fatass thought that since he had the more trophies outta everyone, that he was big shit and would try to totally humiliate my bf in order to get the center of attention. I never liked my bf hanging out with him. Arguments would break out, I felt like kicking his ass, but in the end, they eventually got over it after a few times. It was like a song and dance happening over and over that had to stop. I got sick and fed up with it, in my boyfriends defense I decided to do something about it by playing their own "games". I was only working half day every day and basically made up my own schedule so i had a lot of free time on my hands.So while my bf was working, I'd get on his acct and play the games he had and platted them, or 100% the ones he hadn't or couldn't. After a few months they started noticing he was catching up. Inside I was gloating for him cuz of the reaction it got, they couldnt believe it, they were speechless. However, it got to the point they would notice he was working and playing at the same time cuz of the trophy popping times. They started doubting he was doing his games and would turn to me asking, verifying to see if he was doing his games. I told them yea he was doing his own games, all acting dumb. They knew something was off and I was like "fuck me". Anyways, to make a long story short (too late I know lol) They eventually found out that I was doing the games in the shadows while he was taking the credit. It ended up backfiring on him cuz they thought he put me up to it, saying that they couldn't believe he got his girl to do all the hard work for him, pretty much dogging him even more. I couldn't stand it, I was furious. RE5 had just came out and I was (and still am) a hardcore Resident Evil fan. So I went out and bought me my own ps3, and I enjoyed the hell outta my games, I started platting every one I'd get, one of his friends couldn't face me face to face so like a bitch, he hides and goes and signs onto another friend, pretending to be that guy and messaging me "You'll never catch up to us." It fueled me even more! After several months, I ended up surpassing them all! To me it was something that I felt I had to do, cuz I wanted to rub it in their face that I could catch up AND that a female surpassed them none the less! :-) In the end, they ended up giving up and/or hid all their trophies. LOL Till this day, I've kept going and its no longer a competition anymore, its more like a fun challenge for myself. :-)

well mostly it started cause xbox has achievements but ps3 didnt playing the game passing it was good but earning a little extra more would be nice and to show that i actually pass it cause sometimes they didnt believe me if i pass it in that time so one day i was playing warhawk and well i got a trophy and i was shocked and excited so i put all my games to find out which had trophies and kept buying old games to see if they updated it for them to have trophy support and then i live a life of solitude gaining trophies lol well i retired then came back cause someone challenged me agin so im rusty and older and i have more resposibilities but man when you get a trophy it feels good lol

The idea of trophies were born in me. Back in the day, I loved hanging around the arcade, trying to get high scores. When I heard trophies were coming to the PS3, it was like a dream come true.

I mean, how many of us have a PS2 card of save files, simply because those save files were so damn awesome? Trophies mitigate the need for this, and allow for easy broadcast of accomplishments. I only wish they had come out on an earlier system, before I was married with children. But given that the technology for broadcasting them wasn't really there yet, I can't complain too much.

A trophy killed my family, now there is only revenge and hunting down every single bastard that I  can get my hands on.

But...will you ever find the one responsible?

Stay tuned for VENGEANCE JOHNATHAN, EPISODE 2!

• Like 1

I started to get into trophies when xbox announced their drm polices in June 2013. I decided to try and got into the platinum trophies even though I still get achievements having that platinum shows to me at least you did everything in the base game. Whereas achievements are lumped into points without telling people if you beat the base game or not.

But...will you ever find the one responsible?

Stay tuned for VENGEANCE JOHNATHAN, EPISODE 2!

I will kill them. I will kill them all. They will be dead, every single one of them. And not just the golds, but the silvers and the bronze, too. They're like animals, and I will slaughter them like animals. I HATE THEM!

Edited by Johnathan994