omg... new trophy lists.

Just_Amaz1ng

Now I suppose after PS4 came out in China we should be ready to have more duplicate trophy sets for games. Not so big deal, but I really don't like this...

Why not? Besides, this is not exactly a quick plat... :P I very much envy anyone who does it twice two plats! :)

Just sounds like he's not a fan of people having high platinum counts because of duplicate platinums. I feel the same way.

I've yet to see anyone with more platinums than me, but without duplicates. Makes it really hard to compare my list with others because of this.

Edited by Monk746

BTW, guys, I don't see here Awesomeness trophy Oo

And I got some games with duplicates also. That is because if I like game and want to 100% I want to have all platinums also, dunno why. Really wanted that any game had only one platinum...

Oh, so your problem is that you want every version's platinum trophy too??? lol Good luck with that. I've only cared to do that with FROM SOFTWARE's games.

And, ah, yes, the awesome trophy is missing. I might actually pick up this then! xD

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Just sounds like he's not a fan of people having high platinum counts because of duplicate platinums. I feel the same way.

I've yet to see anyone with more platinums than me, but without duplicates. Makes it really hard to compare my list with others because of this.

I don't understand why duplicate lists are a problem, and nobody has explained it to me when I ask them.

Cross-save, yeah, I can see the problem, but simple duplicates are games where I've earned that platinum twice (or three times in rare cases). It's no different to earning a platinum in a different game instead.

To me, if you're the sort to get every platinum in a series of games, it doesn't look complete until you have all plats including duplicates.

As for Rayman Legends... Once was enough for me xD

• Like 1

Duplicate lists is a problem because it ruins statistics. When you can get same trophies 2 or more times you receive opportunity to increase your trophy amount faster than person who plays one game one time and this is bad.

Also with these duplicates GAMES section began looking non pragmatical. Sorry for my English btw.

Guys btw this is ULTRA EASY version of Rayman Legends cause there is no challenge trophies so you don't need to grind maximum awesomeness.

Edited by Just_Amaz1ng

Duplicate lists is a problem because it ruins statistics. When you can get same trophies 2 or more times you receive opportunity to increase your trophy amount faster than person who plays one game one time and this is bad.

Also with these duplicates GAMES section began looking non pragmatical. Sorry for my English btw.

Guys btw this is ULTRA EASY version of Rayman Legends cause there is no challenge trophies so you don't need to grind maximum awesomeness.

I don't really get the problem with stackable trophy lists... You still usually have to do it all over again.

Yes, it's true, this new trophy list is easy mode though.

• Like 1

Duplicate lists is a problem because it ruins statistics. When you can get same trophies 2 or more times you receive opportunity to increase your trophy amount faster than person who plays one game one time 

If the two people you mention have the same opportunity to play the game a 2nd time and one of them does not take said opportunity then whats the problem? Effort  is being awarded to the person who put in an additional amount of work is it not?

• Like 1

I don't really get the problem with stackable trophy lists... You still usually have to do it all over again.

Yes, it's true, this new trophy list is easy mode though.

I don't understand why duplicate lists are a problem, and nobody has explained it to me when I ask them.

Cross-save, yeah, I can see the problem, but simple duplicates are games where I've earned that platinum twice (or three times in rare cases). It's no different to earning a platinum in a different game instead.

To me, if you're the sort to get every platinum in a series of games, it doesn't look complete until you have all plats including duplicates.

As for Rayman Legends... Once was enough for me xD

Doing it once is proof you could. Doing it a second time is increasing your statistics without proof of additional skill.

Regardless, alot of games have cross save features which can unlock a large amount of trophies, if not all.

A second platinum on the same game is nothing. 2 people with 80 platinums are entirely different if 1 has 80 unique while the other has 60 unique.

To me, it's just not an accurate statement of skill and acompleshment if you're achieving the same awards multiple times.

• Like 1

Doing it once is proof you could. Doing it a second time is increasing your statistics without proof of additional skill.

Regardless, alot of games have cross save features which can unlock a large amount of trophies, if not all.

A second platinum on the same game is nothing. 2 people with 80 platinums are entirely different if 1 has 80 unique while the other has 60 unique.

To me, it's just not an accurate statement of skill and acompleshment if you're achieving the same awards multiple times.

I've always been of the opinion that instead of looking at statistics, one should instead be looking at the actual cases. What have they actually accomplished?

You say there's "alot of games" that have cross save features where you can unlock a large amount of trophies, if not all, this way. Really? I'm not aware of all that many games.

I've always been of the opinion that instead of looking at statistics, one should instead be looking at the actual cases. What have they actually accomplished?

You say there's "alot of games" that have cross save features where you can unlock a large amount of trophies, if not all, this way. Really? I'm not aware of all that many games.

I can sort of agree with your first sentence. What has said person actually accomplished by achieving more than one platinum on a single game? Should I be evenly compared to another based on platinum count (and maybe average rarity) with one who has multiple same game platinums?

I occasionally enjoy looking at other peoples lists, and very often see multiple platinums on the same game where one was done in a reasonable amount of time and the others where done in a very unreasonably short amount of time.

Same here.

I can only think of 4 off the top of my head that autopop. 

Sound Shapes. Motorstorm RC. Metal Gear Solid 2. Metal Gear Solid 3. 

The MGS aren't true autopops since you have to get many of the trophies again but there is a way around it if you made saves right before points where you are about to get the trophy. Well this is how I understand it anyways.

I feel that if a game has multiple lists but no autopop, the person has to put in the effort again so I'm fine with it. I see the point that the person proved that they could already get the platinum but really, unless the platinum is 'Ultra Rare' or even 'Very Rare', in most cases even achieving the platinum once isn't a matter of skill at all but simply just putting in the time.