God of War 3 Coming to PS4

Boooda

Why are they remastering any of the GOW games for the PS4?

I'm pretty sure anyone who has a PS3, has at one time or another played a GOW game and for the few who didn't, but have a PS4 that's what PSNow was made for.

Even if it only costs $15 it doesn't seem worth it.  

Edited by soultaker655

Via IGN

"Sony has announced God of War III Remastered is coming to Playstation 4 soon.

The updated version of the game will feature 1080p graphics and other additions, all done to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the franchise. A debut trailer and release date will be released later today"

Holy fuck am I excited for this, God of War 3 was my 3rd favorite PS3 game, next Uncharted 2 and LoU. Cannot wait for this!

All I need now is an Uncharted trilogy remaster :D

Trailer Here: 

Release Date: July 14th 2015

I'm happy but I'm also a cheapo and wanted all of the collection at a discount. Also was GOW3 720P 60FPS?

I'm happy but I'm also a cheapo and wanted all of the collection at a discount. Also was GOW3 720P 60FPS?

GoW3 I believe was 720p but an unlocked 60fps. But I agree its weird having just GoW3 and not the whole thing on ps4. But maybe porting the first 2 games for a third time seemed a bit much :P 

You're not alone.

I'd pay 60$ for the whole franchise remastered on PS4.

It wouldn't be even hard as well. I guess it resources and the cross buy thing that happened with PS3 and Vita. That would cause a problem. How much is the remaster going to cost? I'm thinking $45 digital.

GoW3 I believe was 720p but an unlocked 60fps. But I agree its weird having just GoW3 and not the whole thing on ps4. But maybe porting the first 2 games for a third time seemed a bit much :P

Boooda, you're pretty much on the ball. The cross buy thing would also be enforced considering people would think it's not fair for the collection cross buy on PS3 and Vita and not PS4.

Its also very appealing to new-comers to get into the franchise, expands the audience by giving those who missed out the first time a chance.

Which in the long run means what will keep their business alive: money.

Yeah. It blows my mind that people think since a games being remastered, the entire team is working on it and nothing else is in production.  -_- 

If it isn't blatantly obviously from the insanely close release date, Im sure this game didnt need a whole lot of work when ported to ps4. I bet we'll see GoW 4 this year at E3 or PSX

I guess is to get people into the series who didn't have a ps3 and also to help fund the next instalment, I also guess there is a reason to replay since the ps3 version frame rate was 40ish and the ps4 version will likely be a solid 60, I would think at least.

• Like 1

They are doing this so they can introduce the GoW franchise for players who never had a PS3. So when they release the new GoW the fanbase will be bigger as you would have generated a lot more fans from the remaster.

Smart move Sony.

• Like 1

This is not enough, it should contain All 6 GoW's on one disc. 

That would be impressive and worth the money. 

Agree, PS3 already has all the games, minus Ascension, in one package. Even if you haven't played GoW3 before, the remaster should include all the games to justify the purchase imo.

Edited by Arkthur
  • Like 1